Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/graham-carr-parts-company-with-united

Newcastle United’s chief scout Graham Carr has today parted company with the club by mutual consent.

Graham has been United’s chief scout for seven years, taking up the position towards the end of the 2009/10 season which saw the club gain promotion back to the Premier League under former manager Chris Hughton.

Graham was instrumental in identifying players from across the UK and Europe, including signings Yohan Cabaye, Matthieu Debuchy, Vurnon Anita, Moussa Sissoko, Papiss Cisse and Cheick Tiote.

Managing Director Lee Charnley said:

“It has been my pleasure to work with Graham over the last seven years as both a colleague and a friend. He can count some of Newcastle’s most successful players in recent years as his ‘finds’.

“Everyone connected with Newcastle United wishes Graham the very best for the future.”

The club is now reviewing its scouting operation and will make an announcement on any further changes in due course.

£400m is a bit steep, should be closer to 300. The price tag surley means only the very serious & mega rich are contenders, putting off the time wasters.

£400m is about right.  Club will generate that in less than 3 years in the PL.

Usual rule of thumb is a business is worth what it generates in revenue over a 3 year period.

Profits maybe not just revenue.

Wonder if it's because Rafa doesn't want any of the linked players, especially Lejeune?

Quite possible, the hold up with this particular one is odd. He had a release clause which was met, player agreed terms and just seems to be waiting on the nod to come for the medical.

£400m is a bit steep, should be closer to 300. The price tag surley means only the very serious & mega rich are contenders, putting off the time wasters.

Usual rule of thumb is a business is worth what it generates in revenue over a 3 year period.

??

How much money did he put into buying shares in Rangers?

There's a bigger picture to him just selling up and letting the retail contract go.

If there's a real offer on the table for us, one that would mean him selling up everything. It would make sense that there's going to be first a separation between Sports Direct the club merchandise.

Graham Carr leaving only raises more questions. Was it over a power struggle with Rafa, or does he know something about the future of the club, a future where possibly Rafa has all the assurances from new owners where he did not?

??

A very rough way to value a small business is a multiple of profit = revenue - expenses. If it was just a multiple of revenue even Sunderland would be worh £300m plus

Guest neesy111

??

A very rough way to value a small business is a multiple of profit = revenue - expenses. If it was just a multiple of revenue even Sunderland would be worh £300m plus

Most football club would be worth nothing then, considering the vast amount of them make next to no money.

??

How much profit did we make in the last 3 years?

??

As I said it's a very rough way to value a small business. Revenue is meaningless was my point.

There's also the small topic of ground advertising as the SD logos are stopping us from at least another £10m+ a year as it is.

And the rest. I've heard figures of between £25m and £40m a year from people who are qualified to make that valuation.

There's also the small topic of ground advertising as the SD logos are stopping us from at least another £10m+ a year as it is.

And the rest. I've heard figures of between £25m and £40m a year from people who are qualified to make that valuation.

Hence why I put £10m+

??

As I said it's a very rough way to value a small business. Revenue is meaningless was my point.

Ah. missed the bit about small business, sorry.

I can see how it would apply to a small business, looking for investment. But selling a business outright, especially a football club is a lot different.

Can't really get too invested in thinking about it really.  The folk interested in taking us over could give us welcome investment and stability, or they could be a Venky's style bunch of bell-ends.  Ashley could continue doing OK as he has been since appointing Rafa and preside over some sustained improvement, or he could do something mindboggling stupid and fuck it all up again.  Stick or twist comes with the same amount of risk as far as I can see, without knowing any more about potential owners and their intentions.

Wonder if it's because Rafa doesn't want any of the linked players, especially Lejeune?

Despite the fact every report says Lejeune has been handpicked by Rafa? :lol: I know it's hard, but because you are not hyped about a transfer doesn't mean Rafa isn't behind it.

At least with Carr is gone now though we do know where we stand.

Hence why I put £10m+

Yes, that's right. Ferraris cost more than a tenner; the idea was to provide a more accurate figure than that which you proposed.

Mike looks like he's selling his rangers shares, is this the investment SSN mentioned? Did they specify NUFC.

Sky Sports News. A channel made around baiting you into watching it all day for the same news repeated every 10 minutes. You really think they're going to spoil it for you by giving exact details until 5pm?