Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest neesy111

#MikeAshley agrees he doesn't write emails, letters, memos. Says he "scribbles little notes." But prefers to do things verbally.

This man runs our club.

Owns it, doesn't run it.

Ive said it all along, he is a bandit that got lucky.

A shambolic unorganised human being that struck gold with his tatty sports company.

A bit like the Lotto lout.

Sports Direct's Mike Ashley has told a court today that he is not "Obi-Wan Kenobi in charge of the Death Star".

The strange statement was made as Ashley took to the stand to defend himself in a case made against him by investment banker Jeffrey Blue.

Blue has claimed Ashley owes him £14m after the retail boss promised him a multi-million pound payout for boosting Sports Direct's share price to £8 per share.

But Ashley is dismissing the promise, which was made in an alcohol-fuelled pub meeting, as "drink banter", and therefore not a binding agreement.

Answering questions on whether he owns Sports Direct, Ashley said: "No."

He also said he would "scribble little notes" in meetings and that he could not provide text messages to the court because he once had 50 phones. He is now down to around 20 phones, he said.

Ashley said: "I lose my phone, destroy my phone, damage my phone, have my phone stolen."

Sports Direct would provide him with a new phone after each mishap, he said.

Got surprisingly big pockets in that white shirt and jeans combo.

Guest firetotheworks

Suddenly the exasperating 'how can a billionaire be so thick!?' question doesn't feel so exasperating anymore. It seems totally improbable, but it really does seem like he's either just been extremely lucky, or he's simply a wizard at business and a complete and utter moron when it comes to every single other aspect of his life.

....... also heard (this allegedly took place after Mort stepped down from his post at SJP, after the post-takeover transition period was complete) that Mort travelled to Newcastle to resolve a dispute with Ashley over monies owed to his law firm which handled MA's purchase of NUFC.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What the fuck is wrong with him man.

He must be due a heart attack.

:lol:

He's unreal and so out of touch. This tubby cunt was in the right market at the right time and just happened to be shrewd enough to make billions.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What the fuck is wrong with him man.

He must be due a heart attack.

:lol:

He's unreal and so out of touch. This tubby cunt was in the right market at the right time and just happened to be shrewd enough to make billions.

Hardly say he was in the right place at the right time. He created the opportunity. That sector had seen nothing like SD before nor since. He blew the competition out of the water with his model.

Kids (or rather parents) spend much more on sportswear now as a result of SD than they did before because he's created a value for money offering that just simply wasn't there before.

Say what you want about him but you unless you've started a business, grown a business massively, developed a brand, floated a business and then ran a PLC as a majority shareholder (all whilst becoming a billionaire) then you can't call him lucky ffs.

You simply do not achieve billionaire status with luck alone.

Sports Direct's Mike Ashley has told a court today that he is not "Obi-Wan Kenobi in charge of the Death Star".

The strange statement was made as Ashley took to the stand to defend himself in a case made against him by investment banker Jeffrey Blue.

Blue has claimed Ashley owes him £14m after the retail boss promised him a multi-million pound payout for boosting Sports Direct's share price to £8 per share.

But Ashley is dismissing the promise, which was made in an alcohol-fuelled pub meeting, as "drink banter", and therefore not a binding agreement.

He also said he would "scribble little notes" in meetings and that he could not provide text messages to the court because he once had 50 phones. He is now down to around 20 phones, he said.

Ashley said: "I lose my phone, destroy my phone, damage my phone, have my phone stolen."

No wonder we cant get any transfers done with so many fckimg phones.  Has he been selling crack on the streets of Baltimore?!?!?

He does a great job of playing dumb, it puts distance between him and the decisions he makes.

He definitely plays up that he's just a bloke etc I don't think it's likely a total act, I doubt he switches into a serious businessman at the drop of the hat. I think he certainly must have had enough nous, and a bit of shameless competitive greed to build his sports direct empire, taken every shortcut, done every dodgy deal and just brazened out that it's just a tacky chain of buy cheap sell cheap stack it high retailer and done it to the nth degree so it makes a lot of money. He certainly perhaps spotted that certain brands etc were basically undervalued and that there is money to be had there. I think a lot of retailers after hit some degree of success get full of themselves and start moving upmarket or diversifying as a matter of course. Ashley just found oh this makes money, lets just do it so much it'll make a lot more money.

No wonder we cant get any transfers done with so many fckimg phones.  Has he been selling crack on the streets of Baltimore?!?!?

Country: Yo, uh, String, why are you so down on the phone companies, man?

Stringer: While back, I took a stroll through the pit, I saw that kid we got running things down there, uh, Poot. Now, he got the cell phone I gave him for the business, right there on his hip. But, the nigga got another cell phone that only rang when the pussy called. Now, if this no-count nigga got two cell phones, how the fuck you gonna sell any more of them motherfuckers? That's market saturation.

the more i see of him as he gets dragged into the limelight more often i can't tell if i like him more or less :lol:

He'd probably seem funny to an outsider but to us he has taken our football club off us,  told blatant lies, brought in shit head after shit head,  ranamed the stadium,  acted like classless fools and dragged our club through the dirt.

He pisses me right off.

the more i see of him as he gets dragged into the limelight more often i can't tell if i like him more or less [emoji38]

He'd probably seem funny to an outsider but to us he has taken our football club off us,  told blatant lies, brought in shit head after shit head,  ranamed the stadium,  acted like classless fools and dragged our club through the dirt.

He pisses me right off.

Yeah if it wasn't for the association with us I'd probably hate him a lot less.