Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Apologies if already mentioned but the James Richardson Podcast had a football finance expert, who advises potential buyers, giving his view on the current market.

He was asked who he would advise any potential buyer to invest in and he said without doubt Newcastle United, fanbase, facilities, growth potential puts us at the top of the list

Twenty years ago we'd have been top of the list after Man u and Liverpool, but Shepherd started the rot, and Ashley has spent the last decade devaluing the brand where we have lost our appeal. But for those with football knowledge there's still massive potential and being the most northern major club, a genuine USP.

Apologies if already mentioned but the James Richardson Podcast had a football finance expert, who advises potential buyers, giving his view on the current market.

He was asked who he would advise any potential buyer to invest in and he said without doubt Newcastle United, fanbase, facilities, growth potential puts us at the top of the list

What episode is this?

I'm surprised there's never been any real interest in us before now.

What, aside from us being bought by a multi-billionaire just 10 years ago?

Yes, aside from that. I'm talking about in those 10 years when we've been 'up for sale'.  Actually, fuck it, I'm surprised no ones showed an interest even when we haven't been up for sale.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/charm-diplomat-brains-nuclear-physicist-13805252.amp

Interesting read. Wonder what she's learnt from the Liverpool bid, one would hope Ashley being an arsehole won't shock or faze her this time.

The approaching the fans group element of a takeover I guess fits with her being sat with Wraith at the match.

Yeah it caught my eye that bit. We've quietly accumulated a number of fans groups in recent years, wonder if she'd be looking to engage with any of them if this bid is a goer?

You reckon the first one would be TF?

Could be - didn’t Michael Martin make that Mandy flag for the Stoke game?

Yeah it caught my eye that bit. We've quietly accumulated a number of fans groups in recent years, wonder if she'd be looking to engage with any of them if this bid is a goer?

You reckon the first one would be TF?

Could be - didn’t Michael Martin make that Mandy flag for the Stoke game?

Don't think it's at a stage where they've already met. Wouldn't put it past the sad cunt making that flag though.

Very interesting indeed. The article mentions Sheikh Al Maktoum & Dubai Investment Capital (DIC) also while trying to arrange a deal for Liverpool "Staveley did meet Hicks in 2007 at a pheasant shoot in Yorkshire". What were those royal jets supposedly here for!

The concern we all have is that the deal will fall apart because of mike's attitude, words like brash & obstructive (Ashley's M.O.) are used in regards to Hicks & Gillett which is why the bid fell apart, word then got round the very close middle East circles that any business was impossible.

Guest The Little Waster

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/charm-diplomat-brains-nuclear-physicist-13805252.amp

Interesting read. Wonder what she's learnt from the Liverpool bid, one would hope Ashley being an arsehole won't shock or faze her this time.

The approaching the fans group element of a takeover I guess fits with her being sat with Wraith at the match.

Not everyone was impressed. An Echo reporter is quoted – anonymously. “She identified early on the need to get the local paper on board early on and pulled it off brilliantly. But to be honest, none of us fell for the line she or Al Maktoum genuinely had the club’s interests at heart. Staveley was very impressive but she reeked of money. Like the Yanks, that was her only reason for being in Liverpool.”

Not everyone was impressed. An Echo reporter is quoted – anonymously. “She identified early on the need to get the local paper on board early on and pulled it off brilliantly. But to be honest, none of us fell for the line she or Al Maktoum genuinely had the club’s interests at heart. Staveley was very impressive but she reeked of money. Like the Yanks, that was her only reason for being in Liverpool.”

Better than reeking of wallpaper.