Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Better if he offered the fans money off tickets next year for having to watch complete dross all season.

Exactly.

Than a life changing amount of money for rank and file staff. Nah

£4,000 is a life-changing amount of money?

£4000 would pay off my bank loan and save me £130 a month....in a way, yes.

I don't understand it... What is meant by non-football staff in this context? Is it the people who work for the non-footballing side of the club (presumably), or the coaching and management staff? If the former, how do they influence the match result in any way, shape or form. Is this some sort of ploy to make the match relevant for the playing (or football related) staff in that if they fail to beat Arsenal they cost the club's "normal" employees thousands of pounds each? Either way, what a strange thing to do.

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley says he will share around a £500k bonus for the staff at St James's Park if the Magpies beat West Brom on Sunday.

£4k is a family holiday to the States, a nice new kitchen/bathroom or a some quality AV equipment. It might even pay off part or all of a small loan. Would I turn my nose up at it? Of course not. Would I describe it as 'a life-changing amount'? Nah.

£4k is a family holiday to the States, a nice new kitchen/bathroom or a some quality AV equipment. It might even pay off part or all of a small loan. Would I turn my nose up at it? Of course not. Would I describe it as 'a life-changing amount'? Nah.

Holiday in the states, 'small' loan.  My point is not about you turning your nose up at it but the things you list belong in a different paradigm of thinking entirely.  There are people out there who have never been on any holiday and 4k for them would give them a chance to do things many of us take for granted. These are the people I'm talking about -some of whom will work for our club

Holiday in the states, 'small' loan.  My point is not about you turning your nose up at it but the things you list belong in a different paradigm of thinking entirely.  There are people out there who have never been on any holiday and 4k for them would give them a chance to do things many of us take for granted. These are the people I'm talking about -some of whom will work for our club

Ashley should probably pay them properly in the first place then.

He does pay them properly. Minimum wage. Doesn't alter the fact  that 4k would change their lives which is after all what you were arguing against

We'll have to agree to disagree. :thup:

Guest Geordiesned

He does pay them properly. Minimum wage. Doesn't alter the fact  that 4k would change their lives which is after all what you were arguing against

Post after post of utter nonsense.

£4k pays someones wedding, some lad who works in the corporate boxes uni for a year or so, pays the rest of a deposit on a house that they've been saving for ages for. It's massive to general staff man just getting that out of the blue. :lol: