Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Why not offer the players an incentive considering it's them who actually have to play Arsenal? :lol:

:lol: Would be a bit shit if the players were publicly offered 1m to split and then they played the best game of the season. I don't think we're jaded enough to be cool with that.

This is a nice gesture, although it's the billionaire equivalent of when we say we'll do shit on here if so and so happens. I only hope he peels off 500k for these folk after we get cracked.

If my employers told me that if a certain target was achieved I'd get a 4 grand bonus I'd be fucking ecstatic, it's not life changing but it's still a lot of money for "normal" earners.

Guest Geordiesned

4 grand is not in any way, shape or form life changing no matter what walk of life you come from.

its not going to change someones life in that theyre not suddenly going to become upper class socialites but it will make their lives a hell of a lot easier, even if only for the next year, I don't see why anyone would begrudge them that or be angry at mike to do this

Guest firetotheworks

Trying to say 4k isn't life changing seems a bit shortsighted to me. It would completely change my life, I'd be completely debt free.

4k as a capital repayment on a mortgage would also reduce your mortgage term, monthly payment by a fair bit or save you interest on your balance whilst giving you 4k to borrow back on your mortgage. Use it wisely and it can do a lot.

Guest strongbow69

decent yet pointless gesture as we,ll get spanked but whats with the massive mike ashley pr drive in the last week?

buying rooney

training ground visit inviting pardew speculation

now this? what next half time juggling on the pitch?

Guest neesy111

4 grand is not in any way, shape or form life changing no matter what walk of life you come from.

It's not, but it can make things a hell lot easier for some during these difficult economic times.

The only thing odd is that they can in no way shape or form make us win so I think he should just give them the bonus anyway if he's prepared to in the first place  :lol:

Expecting someone to just run on the pitch and play in D now.

Huge statement that mind. Not worth debating however!

Whichever way you look at it, a £4k bonus for the people on the burger counters is unbelievable, imagine getting that tomorrow?

Guest bimpy474

I'd put a bullet in any one of you cunts for four grand.

I'll volunteer as long you give me half.

It's difficult to define 'life-changing', but this suggests to me that it could be v significant for many, particularly in the north-east and in that kind of job. (y axis %, source: wiki British income)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a2/British_household_income.jpg