Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Last year's accounts said that this summer he was due to take £18m out. Whether he has or not remains to be seen.

:thup:

Didnt the article on TF say he took 11 million out instead of 18, so we could buy the players in january...

Mike Ashley's pocket first club second. 

At his current rate of paying himself back, how long will it take for the debt to him to be completely gone?

Depends...he may take a massive slice of our new tv deal money to help reduce it.  We aint makin any progress until he gets his money back or reduces it by a large amount.  plucking a radom figure out of my arse...id say another 5 years.

At his current rate of paying himself back, how long will it take for the debt to him to be completely gone?

Depends...he may take a massive slice of our new tv deal money to help reduce it.  We aint makin any progress until he gets his money back or reduces it by a large amount.  plucking a radom figure out of my arse...id say another 5 years.

How much is the extra tv cash? i've heard £60mil talked about, is that over a few seasons?

I thought it was 60 mil per season for 3 seasons. Could pay it off tgat way but we would be on the bones of our arse for 3 more season...while every other team progresses. Ashley will be nearing being paid off tho

I thought it was 60 mil per season for 3 seasons. Could pay it off tgat way but we would be on the bones of our arse for 3 more season...while every other team progresses. Ashley will be nearing being paid off tho

Its on average an extra £15-18m every season for 3 seasons.

Take that off the debt and the club could probably be bought for a minus £200m outlay, much more likely.

Take that off the debt and the club could probably be bought for a minus £200m outlay, much more likely.

Yup. It's why he was asking crazy money out in Dubai a few years back.

O0

Guest Howaythetoon

The sad thing about all of this is that in NUFC he has something that could be huge, mega fucking huge. Globally we already a "brand" but we could be so so much more. With some ambition and money we could be playing at the Nou Camp in front of 90,000 people with tens of millions watching world-wide, competing for honours. We are arguably Europe's biggest sleeping giant.

Under Ashley though we are credible relegation candidates....

The sad thing about all of this is that in NUFC he has something that could be huge, mega fucking huge. Globally we already a "brand" but we could be so so much more. With some ambition and money we could be playing at the Nou Camp in front of 90,000 people with tens of millions watching world-wide, competing for honours. We are arguably Europe's biggest sleeping giant.

The club has huge potential, but that would require investment and vision.

Maybe once, but I genuinely don't believe we have that potential any more. A lot of fans will never return fully, they know the next shitstorm would just be round the corner. Also loads of other clubs have stolen the march abroad and we won't ever get a foothold in those markets.

Most we can ever expect is to pop in and out of the CL, maybe win the FA cup.

The sad thing about all of this is that in NUFC he has something that could be huge, mega f***ing huge. Globally we already a "brand" but we could be so so much more. With some ambition and money we could be playing at the Nou Camp in front of 90,000 people with tens of millions watching world-wide, competing for honours. We are arguably Europe's biggest sleeping giant.

Wants his money out...if he reinvested what the club makes on its own and allowed sponsor space on th stadium we could generate enough to pay him back quicker and maybe be a better product to sell.

Madness, we've done all this before.

Wants his cash back asap, the club and fans will sufer as he plays the dangerous game of running it on a shoe string.

Like a taxi driver putting the bare minimum of petrol into his car for a nights work...he'll end up running out one night.

It's more than that, if you finish bottom of the league, it's an extra £23m on top of what the bottom club received last season, if you finish top, around £40m extra.

The sad thing about all of this is that in NUFC he has something that could be huge, mega f***ing huge. Globally we already a "brand" but we could be so so much more. With some ambition and money we could be playing at the Nou Camp in front of 90,000 people with tens of millions watching world-wide, competing for honours. We are arguably Europe's biggest sleeping giant.

Maybe once, but I genuinely don't believe we have that potential any more. A lot of fans will never return fully, they know the next shitstorm would just be round the corner. Also loads of other clubs have stolen the march abroad and we won't ever get a foothold in those markets.

Nah, i think its there but will take some real doing.  I think the sigh of relief (if) when ashley leaves will be massive...until we find out the new buyer is another cluess pleb.

Imagine the feeling if someone with acutal visions and ambition comes in after his tenure of torture. That's a nice thing. No matter how fucked up things are, we're just around the corner. It won't take much to have us back up there.

Can't wait. :lol:

Going over old ground here, but can anybody explain to me why there appears to be this mass assumption that whatever debt gets paid off will be taken off the asking price? It doesn't make any sens to me at all in the real world, where a company's value is based on its assets and profitability mainly. The assets remain the same, and the company would be more profitable for the debt repayments to take place, no?

Going over old ground here, but can anybody explain to me why there appears to be this mass assumption that whatever debt gets paid off will be taken off the asking price? It doesn't make any sens to me at all in the real world, where a company's value is based on its assets and profitability mainly. The assets remain the same, and the company would be more profitable for the debt repayments to take place, no?

The club's not worth 300m.

yep

Guest Howaythetoon

I do, football is fickle. A few years ago Chelsea and Man City were a bit like us today, possible relegation candidates. Ambition and money, albeit a huge fucking amount, sees them at the very top of the table of world football powers so to speak.

Spurs are the template like. We can do it, we can compete, we can aim high and do good things. We have the tools but we lack the craftsmen...

Huh?

My point is this: why would a company with 100 million in debt and posting yearly losses be MORE valuable to a prospective buyer than one (same assets) with no debts and posting a 20 million or so yearly profit?

Huh?

My point is this: why would a company with 100 million in debt and posting yearly losses be MORE valuable to a prospective buyer than one (same assets) with no debts and posting a 20 million or so yearly profit?

Can see your point but I think the key to this is that it has always been assumed that Ashley would aim at least to get back what he had spent on the club. So say he spent £140 million buying it and then put another £110 million in as loan, he's out of pocket by £250 million. So if he's selling the club then the assumption is he'd want that sum (at least) for the club to cover his costs. On the other hand if he ever manages to recover all of the debt out of the clubs cash flows then he would only be out of pocket  by £140 million. So if he sold the club at that point for say £200 million he's made a £60 million profit overall. And potentially therefore the asking price for the club could be less without the debt. I don't know if that helps...