Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

The worst thing that this c*** has done to all of us is taken away any sort of hope whatsoever. What's the point if there's no hope?

I've lost all hope when it comes to the club and that's all I've ever had, I've never had high expectations, only hope and that's gone.

Guest Howaythetoon

Its not even about hope for me, I actually now no longer care. Well I do to some extent otherwise I wouldn't be on here writing about this, but when the goals went in away to City for example I felt no anger, no disgust, no pain, no nothing. I was and am totally numb to defeats and goals against and although I do cheer a goal and a win, it doesn't come with any real vigour or passion, not like it used to. Its more down to me clinging on to a tiny tiny piece of the club that remains my NUFC, as to why I'm still, well, around.

Its not even about hope for me, I actually now no longer care. Well I do to some extent otherwise I wouldn't be on here writing about this, but when the goals went in away to City for example I felt no anger, no disgust, no pain, no nothing. I was and am totally numb to defeats and goals against and although I do cheer a goal and a win, it doesn't come with any real vigour or passion, not like it used to. Its more down to me clinging on to a tiny tiny piece of the club that remains my NUFC, as to why I'm still, well, around.

I agree.

The soul of football has been ripped out of the game anyway, but it's compounded even more when your own club is rotten at every level.

Don't put a penny into the club (haven't for a good while now) and only watch us play in the background of doing other things with my weekends/evenings. Genuinely not worth my time/full attention. I'd probably comment on muted celebrations when Newcastle score, but I can't remember Newcastle scoring for a while.

This forum is the best bit about the club as far as I'm concerned. :lol:

Sometimes I really despise football :(  Thank you very much NUFC.  Almost 20 fucking years supporting this club.  It's given me wonderful moments, like being at both the 8-0 against Wednesday and the 5-0 against Southampton.  Not even Ashley can take that shit away.  But I can't even be that enthusiastic about any football anymore.  It's just a grim reminder of how shit we are, and how tedious it is to even watch ten minutes of one of our matches.  Part of me just doesn't want to be bothered anymore. 

As an outsider with no connection to Newcastle, what the fuck was I thinking supporting this club?  Shouldn't somebody have given me a caveat or something?

I'm not caring that much either, tbh. Not because we're currently struggling but simply because I've had few issues in my personal life over the last few years that's changed my perspective and outlook on life and I just simply don't care about football that much any more. Still follow the Toon eagerly but it just doesn't have an emotional effect on me any more. 

Obviously us being shit doesn't help. :joey:

I'm not caring that much either, tbh. Not because we're currently struggling but simply because I've had few issues in my personal life over the last few years that's changed my perspective and outlook on life and I just simply don't care about football that much any more. Still follow the Toon eagerly but it just doesn't have an emotional effect on me any more. 

Obviously us being shit doesn't help. :joey:

I hear you, man.  These crazy last couple of years have really taken football to a lower tier on the priority list for me.  Coupling that with us being so unwatchable, it is just difficult for me to give a shit anymore.  The good news is that losing doesn't really affect my day now.

Guest Howaythetoon

Obviously us being s*** doesn't help. :joey:

Aye similar here. Family feuds, kid, new kid on the way, wife had cancer, business woes etc. puts it all into perspective really.

Guest Howaythetoon

Losing used to torture me badly, I would be in a mood for days, a foul mood. Losing literally ruined my weekend or if a weekday match, the days leading upto a weekend. Only another match would take my mind of things. Today footy is way way down on the list of important shit, way down. Its sad in a way because I long to really give a fuck, to kick and scream and let rip but for what or towards who, Mike Ashley, wonga, Alan fucking Pardew? :lol:

I watched todays game with complete detachment. Barely got excited when we attacked (Yeah, I know...) and barely got concerned when we were under pressure. Just felt like I was watching Grimsby V Burnley or something.

Football no longer means owt to me. Thats why I'm posting on a board dedicated to a team I don't care much about any more in the meat on my Saturday night.

I don't think anyone said that it means nothing any more. Certainly not NUFC.

:facepalm: at your post anyway.

Football no longer means owt to me. Thats why I'm posting on a board dedicated to a team I don't care much about any more in the meat on my Saturday night.

Newcastle United mean a hell of a lot to me. Just it's hard to get worked up about the same shit every single week.

Anyway my Saturday nights aren't exactly rock and roll, it's not like I'm posting here in deference to banging Natalie Portman.

The french sports direct adverts today were something i didn't see coming.

I refused to accept it before but it's as clear as day now, Ashley bought NUFC specifically because he can abuse us. No other club in England, or anywhere else for that matter has fans that would continue to fill the stadium, buy the shirts and eat dog shit pies month after month. He's here for the long haul too, til he's wrung every last drop out of us.

Guest Haris Vuckic

http://i.imgur.com/8SNknsh.png

Fair enough if they were voting somebody out of a committee but the man owns the club ffs.