Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I think he'll sell when the debt is lowered enough to make the price make sense to a buyer. Sadly.

erm isnt that a good thing?  or you think will take more than 4yrs to lower the debt?

It's that time between that's the unbearable part.

I think he'll sell when the debt is lowered enough to make the price make sense to a buyer. Sadly.

erm isnt that a good thing?  or you think will take more than 4yrs to lower the debt?

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I was implying its going to take him some time lowering that debt (which at current rate, would take a few years imo) before he sells up, versus something quicker. If he was just going to write off most of the debt "debt owed" to himself and just sell the club at what he bought it for + some premium, I'd see a deal happening sooner than later - but clearly he wants the full investment returned less any debt he's paying down to himself.

Fuck him.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I was implying its going to take him some time lowering that debt (which at current rate, would take a few years imo) before he sells up, versus something quicker. If he was just going to write off most of the debt "debt owed" to himself and just sell the club at what he bought it for + some premium, I'd see a deal happening sooner than later - but clearly he wants the full investment returned less any debt he's paying down to himself.

f*** him.

I think he should write off the money he had to put in when we were relegated as that was down to his idiotic decision-making that season.  Someone on here once said that with regards to Sports Direct, he always makes sure someone else pays for his mistakes so I guess we are the ones being made to pay or his NUFC ones.

Why would he sell once he's reduced the debt given the extortionate sums he's taking out of the club at present? He'll just keep on taking it.

Shrug, no idea man. Can't help but think he'll flog us as soon as he can get an offer worth taking.

Just seen this on Facebook!

When you make all your tops

In your Asian sweatshops

That's Mike Ashley

When you bring Joe Kinnear

To broadcast full of beer

That's Mike Ashley

When we nearly go down

Then you hire a clown

That's Mike Ashley

When we're sure you know

That it's time to go

That's Mike Ashley

When we don't want you here

Please fuck off with Kinnear

That's Mike Ashley

When your takings are doon

'Cos you shafted the Toon

That's Mike Ashley

When the Toon party starts

On the day you depart

That's Mike Ashley

When we give you a clue

That we fucking hate you

That's Mike Ashley

So will you get our club

You fat lying mug

That's Mike Ashley

His time here has got to be coming to an end. It just has to be.

Kinnear, no signings, still employing Pardew. None of it makes sense. He has to be thinking of selling.

Why do catastrophically bad decisions mean he's selling though?

They're decisions that all point towards him recouping as much money as possible. Cheap manager with a remit to lower the wage bill, all the cost-cutting measures across the club like the bore-hole and so on, no signings to save money and all the rest of it.

Our best hope is a few more midtable/top-half seasons (and I suppose a miracle cup run), he gets his money back and sells up to someone who fancies having a successful football club instead of a vehicle to promote cheap sporting tat.

Yup think this is Ashley's logic!

Have to support this stand he's making against Sky and BT, he's a brave man. Basically saying "You've given me loads of money, I'll be damned if I'll spend it making your product better by playing good football with better players."

What a guy.

Guest neesy111

Why would he sell once he's reduced the debt given the extortionate sums he's taking out of the club at present? He'll just keep on taking it.

:thup:

Have to support this stand he's making against Sky and BT, he's a brave man. Basically saying "You've given me loads of money, I'll be damned if I'll spend it making your product better by playing good football with better players."

What a guy.

A man of the people.

My facebook message rather than typing anything new on here:

"You have to question why anyone would spend their money on Newcastle United now? Simply exist to survive in the Premier League so that Sports Direct can get maximum exposure. Won't spend anything in the summer, then if its looking dodgy by January they'll try and do just enough in the market to survive. No interest in the cups as there isn't any money in it. Not interested in marketing the club off the pitch, or improving the team on it because its all about Sports Direct. Keep expectations low so that the don't need to spend money on wages. It's a scandal. The club don't even try to do well anymore. That isn't the aim. Club isn't even competing in a sport anymore. We're simply a marketing vehicle for one of the tackiest immoral brands in Britain.

Would love it to be like 10 years ago when me an my mates would look forward to a game at the weekend, getting the train down or driving down. Excited about seeing what will happen and knowing that, even if you had a shite manager like Souness or Roeder, you knew that everyone was trying to succeed. Can cope with being shite for whatever reason, not with not even bothering to try. Makes me so so angry watching videos of the Robson era now thinking about what Ashley has done to us."

Just seen this on Facebook!

When you make all your tops

In your Asian sweatshops

That's Mike Ashley

When you bring Joe Kinnear

To broadcast full of beer

That's Mike Ashley

When we nearly go down

Then you hire a clown

That's Mike Ashley

When we're sure you know

That it's time to go