Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Same as the Thatcher thread tbh.

:lol: Good spot

Howay man Dave/Stu, enlighten those of us who stopped in town for a few last night and aren't quite up to speed yet.

Unless it's a private thing of course....

The Maggie Thatcher thread in GC - you've got a bunch of embittered, hate-fuelled posters who are so blinded by their disdain for Thatcher and everything she did to them, or to someone they know, (or they just want to 'fit in' with the working-class, NE, anti-Tory stereotype) that they refuse to consider her in humane terms.

No-one in that thread pretends that she is Mother Teresa, but as soon as you say anything that isn't awful about her, you get Neesy and co slating you/her in more OTT fashion.

Same as the Thatcher thread tbh.

:lol: Good spot

Howay man Dave/Stu, enlighten those of us who stopped in town for a few last night and aren't quite up to speed yet.

Unless it's a private thing of course....

In the Thatcher thread (General Chat forum) people get excited every time it's bumped because they think she's dead.

It's full of people putting across good points (facts) about her and her policies. Those who don't like that [truth] never put across good points or facts...they just slag off and insult those who don't like her.

Think...your typical right-wing bigots.

:lol:

:bootyshake:

Stu...  :tobey:

:rolleyes: nice of you to use "facts" as the single argument in your "opinion" :lol:

Tends to be how people form an argument. :rolleyes:

Sorry, that was poorly worded on my part. Nice of you to click show though :D

:rolleyes: nice of you to use "facts" as the single argument in your "opinion" :lol:

yes and no. many people will use some facts to form their opinion then will only relay facts that help their side of the argument and ignoring or hiding facts that don't help their argument.

Sorry, that was poorly worded on my part. Nice of you to click show though :D

I read your posts (I can't ignore what people say :lol:), and sometimes you say decent things (when it's not unnecessarily condescending). You're on ignore only so you can't pm me ;)

:thup:

yes and no. many people will use some facts to form their opinion then will only relay facts that help their side of the argument and ignoring or hiding facts that don't help their argument.

THAT IS THE INTERNET

richard branson would have asked MA about his views on the future for the club when he was negotiating the sponsorship deal. must be good news that he proceded as MA must have convinced him that he had some kind of ambition ..... I hope.

richard branson would have asked MA about his views on the future for the club when he was negotiating the sponsorship deal. must be good news that he proceded as MA must have convinced him that he had some kind of ambition ..... I hope.

That presumes Ashley tells the truth. Secondly it presumes Branson has any grasp of football, which he doesnt. He said we beat manchester 3 love... :lol:

That presumes Ashley tells the truth. Secondly it presumes Branson has any grasp of football, which he doesnt. He said we beat manchester 3 love... :lol:

Yeah and Branson wouldn't have consulted with any advisors either, just taken everything Lambias said at face value before handing over £10M.

It probably helps explain why he's one of the richest men on the planet too.

Yesterday should be a wake-up call that we still need players in especially a striker.

We didn't need need a wakeup call we knew Ba was leaving months ago and we already needed another Striker. Serious clubs would have planned and got one in straight away but Ashley will think job done this season.

Yesterday should be a wake-up call that we still need players in especially a striker.

We didn't need need a wakeup call we knew Ba was leaving months ago and we already needed another Striker. Serious clubs would have planned and got one in straight away but Ashley will think job done this season.

Why do you say that?

not sure that many clubs apart from maybe chelsea and citeh would purposely bring someone in as cover for someone they are going to lose for just over a month or so

We needed another one anyway. No club should be one player away from Shola starting.

even though i spent a while having a go at shola today i'd still rather him than heskey and quite a few other prem back up forwards.