Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest snoopythewriter

At least with Shepherd, you knew that we'd be active during the transfer window.

Not at that time we weren't.

I'm trying to find some positivity in the face in negativity.

Newcastle Supporter Protest

Following the defeat to Sheffield United on 4 November 2006, more than 2,000 fans protested outside St James' Park, calling for his resignation.[12] Websites such as True Faith and United For Change led a supporter campaign against him. Protests were again held after the club's defeat to Blackburn Rovers on 5 May 2007, after which Glenn Roeder resigned.

Imagine any of that happening now

I was part of that.

Fun fact: so were a number of this forum, on one of the very first organised pissups. Myself included.

Picked a cracker there. :lol:

There's a good picture of Shak in the midst somewhere. :lol:

FS pisses all over Mike Ashley. He'd have sacked Pardew a long time ago, probably would have never hired him either.

It wouldnt' surprise me if FS quietly has tried to put a group together to buy the club - his ego would get stroked as the "man who saved Newcastle Utd from Mike Ashley" and he'd probably hire a good manager and put a marketing campaign of righting Ashley's wrongs and doing it his way or what have you.

Far cry better then sitting about clapping away at the lucrative 9th place finish and 1-2 signings, within reason (always qualifiers with this current regime)

FS pisses all over Mike Ashley. He'd have sacked Pardew a long time ago, probably would have never hired him either.

Aye he'd have picked us a winner like Souness of Allardyce

Proper thoroughbreds...they playing winning football.  :lol:

Guest dazzanufc1892

FS announced pre-season that Sir Bob wouldn't get renewed

Sold Speed to finance the Nicky Butt deal

2 reasons for me why he should never even be allowed to st james' again.

Can't believe he turned to selling a class B drug to bring that clogger here.

If those are reasons against, there's about a hundred reasons in favour.

Can't believe he turned to selling a class B drug to bring that clogger here.

:lol:

Shepherd was better at selling us an illusion of competing but in the end it was just an illusion. And by the end of his tenure that illusion was dissipating at an alarming rate.

There's a reason most of us were celebrating when Ashley bought him out and were overwhelmingly in support of him all the way over to the fiasco with Keegan.

Shepherd was better at selling us an illusion of competing but in the end it was just an illusion. And by the end of his tenure that illusion was dissipating at an alarming rate.

There's a reason most of us were celebrating when Ashley bought him out and were overwhelmingly in support of him all the way over to the fiasco with Keegan.

:facepalm: then and :facepalm: now

Agreed, and part of the reason the Ashley era has been such a disappointment.

Shepherd was absolutely terrible but he at least was as deluded as the fans in wanting success for the club. Even while lining his pockets with the club's funds, his heart as a fan was in the right place.

I would NOT have him back, no way, but no way is he 'worse' than Ashley in terms of ambition.

Newcastle Supporter Protest

Following the defeat to Sheffield United on 4 November 2006, more than 2,000 fans protested outside St James' Park, calling for his resignation.[12] Websites such as True Faith and United For Change led a supporter campaign against him. Protests were again held after the club's defeat to Blackburn Rovers on 5 May 2007, after which Glenn Roeder resigned.

Imagine any of that happening now

Would it be enough with Ronaldo today? I mean, he's like our Chuck Norris!