Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Didn't shepherd siphon a shit load of money from NUFC and leave us a crippling debt?

the debt was certainly big and the finances were fairly diabolical, spending the same level as a champions league side on wages when we were hilariously far away from even dreaming of competing for a CL place. And yes he and the rest of them did siphon shit loads of cash directly from the club into their back pockets. Fuck Freddie Shephard.

Getting Shepherd back would at least end the "We might do a Portsmouth/Leeds" jokes :dontknow:

Aye, we might actually do it so it would no longer be funny.

We also might not get dicked off our local rivals twice a season and consistently promote failure as the best option.

Getting Shepherd back would at least end the "We might do a Portsmouth/Leeds" jokes :dontknow:

Aye, we might actually do it so it would no longer be funny.

We also might not get dicked off our local rivals twice as season and consistently promote failure as the best option.

True.

Neither are the answer but if I had to choose it really doesn't take much thinking about. However the way we were going under Fred we wouldn't exist in our current form IMHO. I also think he'd do a better job second time round.

Neither are the answer but if I had to choose it really doesn't take much thinking about. However the way we were going under Fred we wouldn't exist in our current form IMHO. I also think he'd do a better job second time round.

You might be right there. Put slightly more money behind our scouting. Still the issue of operating at a loss and how he would finance that of course.

You might be right there. Put slightly more money behind our scouting. Still the issue of operating at a loss and how he would finance that of course.

He'd bring in a better manager, he was always reactionary though,bobby lost order, bring in tough guy souness, souness fell out with everyone, bring in nice guy Glenn. Glenn was behind the times, bring in fat Sam with his pro zone and DVD analyst.

Right now, IMO, he'd try and bring back Keegan, for better or worse.

One thing is for damn sure though, Pardew wouldn't get another minute at this club. That's would be a good enough start, taking responsible action for the clubs finance is something he'd have to take seriously.

If we hoyed £50m on top of whatever we've already got from Cabaye plus a new manager the club can get excited about then we start next season looking to do what Everton are currently doing. That £50m would be worth taking out against the club, but he just wouldn't stop or manage it properly.

I remember hearing about Shepherd getting in Dumas' face in his office and telling him he wasn't getting another penny out of the club. Wonder how many of the current lot he'd be saying that to.

Never heard this fair play to him.

Knowing our lot theyd be forming a que as well. Pardew heading it dick in one hand manager of the year award in his other hand

Shephard tried to make Newcastle United a success. He was s*** at it but he tried. Which is a million times better than what Ashley is doing.

It nearly worked to be fair, it just wasn't sustainable if it didn't.

he was too trigger happy and involved to make it sustainable. Even the good times.

He always thought he knew best but at the same time, really cared what the fans thought. Hence all the 'big name' signings.

For one thing if Shepherd took over the club again - he'd be able to revel in a debt-free club that our Board peddles about, but would be able to get some decent financing (like every other club does, as long as you get good loans and not over-levered you are fine) and we'd be accountable, relevant, and Shep would be in the press reminding people how big of a club we are, can be and will be.

I believe he'd be FAR BETTER then he was last time and infinitely better than Ashley.

For one thing if Shepherd took over the club again - he'd be able to revel in a debt-free club that our Board peddles about, but would be able to get some decent financing (like every other club does, as long as you get good loans and not over-levered you are fine) and we'd be accountable, relevant, and Shep would be in the press reminding people how big of a club we are, can be and will be.

I believe he'd be FAR BETTER then he was last time and infinitely better than Ashley.

We aren't debt free.

We owe mike 120 million?

We aren't debt free.

We owe mike 120 million?

I know that man, fairly obvious our "asking price" is full-on purchase of club and "debt" to Mike Ashley. The "debt" to Mike should be equity, by the way. But thats for another conversation.