Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

This Keegan for DOF drivel again. Quality. He's a tactician and a man manager for the love of Christ.

If your using your DOF as the man who brings players into the club then he would have been a good choice because of the type of players he eyes. As it happens Wise was responsible for bringing players in and he eyes the polar opposite of what Keegan eyes, it was always going to end in disaster.

If Ashley wants to be here then fair enough, if he wants to run us running at profit and getting value for players, fair enough. However he needs to be able to spend that £10m-£20m on one very good player when the opportunity arises, and he needs to appoint the right manager to get the club moving forward not a manager who will simply settle for being in a job so long as he keeps his mouth shut.

Get this right and the flak will stop, keep acting like you don't give a shit or are doing things to get at the fans and people are going to produce banners and songs.

#rocketscience

Well yeah, just putting my view across.

I honestly think he's a dumbs rather than a vindictive evil man. He's a businessman not a football man and he needs a football man at the club, unfortunately the people he knows within football are JFK, and Wise.

I think he made a major mistake with Keegan, he should have been brought in as a DOF instead of Wise and let Keegan pick the manager instead of bringing Wise in and Keegan as manager.

Wasn't having a go at you mate, just pointing out how simple it really is. And yet we still get the deluded tag.

Edit: I disagree about him not being vindictive though, he's done plenty of things he'll have known full well would fuck us off.

This Keegan for DOF drivel again. Quality. He's a tactician and a man manager for the love of Christ.

He can also sell this club like no one else, to potential players, to the owner, he even does a great job in reminding us who we are at times. I'd much rather he was in the dugout, but he would make a great DOF too.

Guest Roger Kint

Keegan would never accept the DoF role as he doesn't believe in it ffs.

Better off asking Carr to pick a bloke he knows and can work well with. Throw in a decent manager who isnt Pardew and we are on a winner

If Ashley wants to be here then fair enough, if he wants to run us running at profit and getting value for players, fair enough. However he needs to be able to spend that £10m-£20m on one very good player when the opportunity arises, and he needs to appoint the right manager to get the club moving forward not a manager who will simply settle for being in a job so long as he keeps his mouth shut.

Get this right and the flak will stop, keep acting like you don't give a shit or are doing things to get at the fans and people are going to produce banners and songs.

#rocketscience

Well yeah, just putting my view across.

I honestly think he's a dumbs rather than a vindictive evil man. He's a businessman not a football man and he needs a football man at the club, unfortunately the people he knows within football are JFK, and Wise.

I think he made a major mistake with Keegan, he should have been brought in as a DOF instead of Wise and let Keegan pick the manager instead of bringing Wise in and Keegan as manager.

Wasn't having a go at you mate, just pointing out how simple it really is. And yet we still get the deluded tag.

Edit: I disagree about him not being vindictive though, he's done plenty of things he'll have known full well would fuck us off.

No probs.

If your using your DOF as the man who brings players into the club then he would have been a good choice because of the type of players he eyes. As it happens Wise was responsible for bringing players in and he eyes the polar opposite of what Keegan eyes, it was always going to end in disaster.

It would be like buying a Maserati to transport furniture. Keegan's too good to be a glorified scout.

Guest neesy111

Lets just put it this way, if Keegan wanted to return and when we get new owners they wanted him, he should be the number 1 candidate for the managers job imo.

Giving pardew 50m to spend doesn't bare thinking about.

Exactly, spending a few quid doesn't excite me when we have these bargain bin coaches.

Think the analogy has been used before, but it's akin to buying a Bentley then asking a monkey to chauffeur you around in it!

Guest Roger Kint

Lets just put it this way, if Keegan wanted to return and when we get new owners they wanted him, he should be the number 1 candidate for the managers job imo.

Yep. He would only return in one capacity/circumstance so there no discussion needed really

Keegan would never accept the DoF role as he doesn't believe in it ffs.

he did basically the same job by a different name at first at Fulham, brought in the players for a head coach.

disagree, he was great for us but that time is past. I'd much rather take a chance on someone young and ambitious.

keegan didn't last long as DOF at Fulham. basically got frustrated with Wilkins so he sacked him and took over as manager himself. he needs to be hands on and cant watch someone else doing a job that doesn't reach his own standards.

Can see a high level of player turnover this summer.

Another season of transition, then.

Yep - you've got to think there could be upto 6-8 first team squad out and 8-9 in imho.

Another season of limbo, 'settling in' and various formations, approaches etc.

At least it buys dickhead some more time though.

Yep - you've got to think there could be upto 6-8 first team squad out and 8-9 in imho.

mike ashley just shivered

As I said in the AP thread, I can foresee from spend this summer but I'd still wager it won't be much more than £10m net.

He'll make good profit on Debuchy & Krul which will offset some of the incomings.

I'd also wager some of the incoming will be second string players to fill the squad - less than £3m signings. Probably most.

As I said in the AP thread, I can foresee from spend this summer but I'd still wager it won't be much more than £10m net.

He'll make good profit on Debuchy & Krul which will offset some of the incomings.

I'd also wager some of the incoming will be second string players to fill the squad - less than £3m signings. Probably most.

We will spend the Cabaye money at least IMO. The idiots will forget about this season and last seasons TV money