Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

If he sack Pardew and hire a capable manager in Wenger mold i would forgive him. I have no problem with our structure of buying young and cheap talents and selling the best players policy. I can not imagine how stupid he is to stick with Pardew though.

Are you happy with our transfer dealings? We only spend on fees what we generate in sales - is that good enough? We actively try and sell our best players every year - is that good enough?

The most important thing at our club is the ownership. That's the most important element of any club.

I genuinely think that with a half decent manager, the players that we've had through the door, regardless of the cost, should have had us pushing top 6. For this reason I'm much more of a mind for wanting Pardew out than Ashley tbh, and if any of you recall my posts you'd know I know my stuff when it comes to the snake that is Mike Ashley, inc. the article I wrote for themag.co.uk.

Need to really focus in on a single target and I think Pardew is more culpable than Ashley at the present moment in time.

Is this a top 6 team?

I genuinely think that with a half decent manager, the players that we've had through the door, regardless of the cost, should have had us pushing top 6. For this reason I'm much more of a mind for wanting Pardew out than Ashley tbh, and if any of you recall my posts you'd know I know my stuff when it comes to the snake that is Mike Ashley, inc. the article I wrote for themag.co.uk.

Need to really focus in on a single target and I think Pardew is more culpable than Ashley at the present moment in time.

Is this a top 6 team?

He said pushing for top 6, and I think that this squad plus the likes of Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Yanga Mbiwa shouldn't necessarily be far from that level if used correctly <- therein lies the main problem.

Is this a top 6 team?

He said pushing for top 6, and I think that this squad plus the likes of Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Yanga Mbiwa shouldn't necessarily be far from that level if used correctly <- therein lies the main problem.

:thup: The potential is there

Is this a top 6 team?

With those we are perhaps a mid-table team. Whoopty-do.

Guest Roger Kint

I honestly don't really care if we come 5th or 7th or 12th, it's more about how we play and how it makes us feel watching it.

:thup:

I honestly don't really care if we come 5th or 7th or 12th, it's more about how we play and how it makes us feel watching it.

For me it's about ambition - striving for better. I would get sick of Bielsa style football if we finished 12th every season and never mounted decent cup runs.

I'd settle for average football if we finished top 8 every year - looked to improve and took that same quality and application into all cup competitions. I'd love us to fight to keep our best players. The fees we've received for Debuchy, Ba & Cabaye have been decent - nothing major that a serious club couldn't resist. In turn giving us genuine fan favourites again. Players to believe in - even if they ended up leaving for major, major money. A manager and team that actively want us to do better.

We'll never get that under Ashley.

if he thinks newcastle is a headache and goes up there to try and run rangers in the same way he's done us he'll get a surprise, someone will try to kill him

The thing is though he probably could managed them like he has us and still get into the CL. So long as they are in it, winning trophies, and a good share of the old firm derbies then I think most people up there will be happy.

This is NEVER a top six team. Top half at a (very hard) push. One striker, one centre half barely worth the name, no creative midfielder.

if he thinks newcastle is a headache and goes up there to try and run rangers in the same way he's done us he'll get a surprise, someone will try to kill him

The thing is though he probably could managed them like he has us and still get into the CL. So long as they are in it, winning trophies, and a good share of the old firm derbies then I think most people up there will be happy.

not a chance, he'd need to appoint a decent manager and he's consistently shown he has no idea how to do this

agree that coming 1st/2nd in scotland is a piece of piss and he could do that on buttons, but getting through the CL groups with another pardew?  not a fucking chance

This is NEVER a top six team. Top half at a (very hard) push. One striker, one centre half barely worth the name, no creative midfielder.

Give over. A good manager would have this lot (including the loanees) top half easily, and challenging for Europe depending on other teams slipping up or not.

Give over. A good manager would have this lot (including the loanees) top half easily, and challenging for Europe depending on other teams slipping up or not.

a good manager would have MYM and HBA integrated into things and pushing for europe, no doubt in my mind whatsoever

that's pushing like, i.e. around 7th - 8th with a chance of getting there if things go well, not suggesting this squad could tear the league up or anything

you underestimate what a good, tactically astute manager can achieve imo.

not sure I agree with the top 6 thing (with this current crop) but we'd get top half, no problem with someone worth their salt in charge.

theres some real f***ing dross in this league man.

Tony Pulis had palace a point or so off it last season.

you underestimate what a good, tactically astute manager can achieve imo.

not sure I agree with the top 6 thing (with this current crop) but we'd get top half, no problem with someone worth their salt in charge.

theres some real f***ing dross in this league man.

Tony Pulis had palace a point or so off it last season.

Top half I wouldn't argue with at all. People positing that we would be pushing for top six with someone else at the helm are including players who are no longer at the club, which is baffling. Might as well include Remy.

The current squad at the club is not capable of 'pushing top six'. Not a chance.

"The players that we've had through the door should have had us pushing top six" is what he said. Past tense. And he's right, unless I'm completely underestimating how good James McCarthy, Leon Osman, Steven Naismith, Darron Gibson etc etc are.

I don't see what's baffling about including players whose wages the club continue to pay and whom they have sent out on loan to other clubs by their own volition. These players could have been used if we wanted to. If what you're saying is these players are the difference between having a squad capable of challenging for Europe and one capable of upper half at best it just goes to show how morronic the club are for loaning them out.

I don't see what's baffling about including players whose wages the club continue to pay and whom they have sent out on loan to other clubs by their own volition. These players could have been used if we wanted to. If what you're saying is these players are the difference between having a squad capable of challenging for Europe and one capable of upper half at best it just goes to show how morronic the club are for loaning them out.

I agree it's moronic, but they're not at SJP just now (nor do I think we'll see either of them in the stripes again), so don't enter the equation.

The players we have - even the squad we have including injuries - would do well to finish top half. I'm not sure Klopp/Mourinho/Guardiola/insert name of your most rated manager here could make a player out of some of our summer signings - most obviously the £6m or so we spunked on Riviere.

Guest neesy111

Despite Ashley’s southern roots (he was born and raised in the Buckinghamshire town of Burnham), he developed an affection with the North East after he bought the club in May 2007. Contrary to popular belief he admires the locals’ work ethic and is upset Newcastle supporters have mounted demonstrations against his leadership at various times over the years.

:lol: :lol:

:lol:

Ashley is in a position right now where he could turn things around and get the fans back on side and it wouldn't cost him a penny.  Sack Pardew with NUFC paying the compensation and invest the profits the club are making back into the team and I think a lot of the fanbase would get off his back.

If we had a decent manager and were seeing £30m a year being invested into the team the relationship would repair itself in short order imo.  Just depends if he's arsed enough to do it.