Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Thing is I've seen him celebrate a couple of times like he genuinely enjoys it. So why all the scrimping on the squad and rest if the nonsense? He could create a genuinely decent side without spending fortunes and still make money.

i think SD would be a bigger brand if it was associated with a successful NUFC - no doubt about it in my mind- his exposure would be huge.

Thing is I've seen him celebrate a couple of times like he genuinely enjoys it. So why all the scrimping on the squad and rest if the nonsense? He could create a genuinely decent side without spending fortunes and still make money.

He's supposed to be a Chelsea fan, isn't he? (Ashley) He will enjoy any win over Spurs.

He's only celebrating inching closer to another annual payday.

He's supposed to be a Chelsea fan, isn't he? (Ashley) He will enjoy any win over Spurs.

Rumoured to actually be a Spurs fan.

Guest neesy111

Llambias said he's a chelsea fan.

Lambias said he was Chelsea in an Interview IIRC.

Guest firetotheworks

Love how the idea of the owner of a football club wanting that club to win matches is a positive thing. :lol: Properly fucked up logic akin to suggesting someone loves their child because they don't let it starve to death.

So Chukka Umunna raises an urgent question at Parliament today, about SportsDirect, and it doesn't even feature on BBC News. IN fact, you'd be forgiven for thinking that Ashley has a stranglehold on pretty much all news media other than the Guardian the way things are: http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/dec/14/sports-direct-crisis-grows-as-mps-and-investors-question-business

I still hope that with investors now getting gippy about Ashley's sharp business practices, things are reaching a pinch point for him. You never know - if the share price was to take a tumble, he could maybe do himself up like Ratner and be left to scurry away under the rock from whence he came...leaving NUFC bankrupt. But still, we'd have our club back, wouldn't we? Erm, maybe...