Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

• 2 weeks later...

Derek Lambeezy was on SSN this morning being interviewed about the current state of Rangers, he was waffling on about how the board are not investing etc.

The reporter asked about Ashley and he said something along the lines that he couldn't speak for Mike and Mike just does what he does.

Guest neesy111

Derek Lambeezy was on SSN this morning being interviewed about the current state of Rangers, he was waffling on about how the board are not investing etc.

The reporter asked about Ashley and he said something along the lines that he couldn't speak for Mike and Mike just does what he does.

:lol: :lol:

Fucking weasel.

• 2 weeks later...

"Ashley is also held in disdain by many supporters due to his company's use of zero hours contracts."

Yeah, whatever. Whoever Neil Moxley is, he's clearly never been to Govan. A massive ASDA store opened in Govan about 15 years ago and there were 400 applications for each job available. Jog on, you ignorant prick. People don't like Ashley because he's a thief, a liar, and a complete psychopath.

• 2 weeks later...
A lot of that isn't true.

There is no indication that the plans will impede any development of SJP. Nexus requested an exclusion zone of 2 meters of no development on the outskirts of the site. This has been accepted. This exclusion zone is past the foot print of what an extended Gallowgate would stand on. As it happens an extended Gallowgate would have a footprint that extends to the edge of the road or just on the road, if it was to have a level 7 like the Leazers end, this is before the developement site and before the Metro tunnel exclusion zone.

At the present time, I think it would be better to wait to see how the "safe standing" issue plays out before building a very costly new stand. It may become possible (i.e., allowable) to increase the capacity of the existing stand with rail seating in the not-so-distant future.

It would be better to spend on a Premiership level team that Benitez can take forward. That level of team would also be needed to fill any larger stadium anyway.

The day this man leaves is the day I believe in Newcastle United again

I have often wondered about Ashley's reasons for taking over NUFC...apart from the PL money available you cannot avoid the suspicion that he has other more malevolent reasons for his interest. Any owner interested in advancing the club's interest would not have done anything to restrict ground development.

The day this man leaves is the day I believe in Newcastle United again

I have often wondered about Ashley's reasons for taking over NUFC...apart from the PL money available you cannot avoid the suspicion that he has other more malevolent reasons for his interest. Any owner interested in advancing the club's interest would not have done anything to restrict ground development.

How big does the ground need to be to blaze a massive Sports Direct motif all over the world with every televised game?

For those of us older heads it is a concern but in the eyes of the 21st century, if we needed a bigger ground and we had an owner who wanted it, we would.

Off the top of my head it is perfectly feasible to incorporate the land that we use now and redevelop the whole of Leazes park and surrounding cow grass to create one big St James' Park with freeman land to go with it.

Could maybe move some of the older materials from the stadium to a new one just a few hundred yards or so North.  Where the ground is now could see a grand entrance to the whole park which could be the centre piece of the country with retail units scattered around instead of the drug ridden no-go zone we have at night.

Would I want this, no but it's a better idea than shifting altogether.

We have a stadium that is still competitive with the very best in the country imo; I don't think it needs any form of expansion. If there is potential to generate income, I bet we can use better what's already there.

What development has there been in the ground since it got the huge extensions? Nowt other than a gratuitous post-it note of a screen which, I bet, no fucker is even interested in looking at.

Shearers/9 as well, I suppose?

Continued capital improvements and investment into the ground and surrounding areas is all in the best interest of the club and the local economy.  Esp if owner of club also controls the land, the retail, etc. I've been harping about this for ages but your best sport owners are ones who deliver results on pitch and also supplement club income with supplemental investment around the ground and city to help Create jobs, and make the locals more money and build the economy up - it encourages more sponsorship, more commercial income, additional corporate partnerships and ultimately increase of prices when people can afford it.

But last time I even remotely brought this up it was shot down for whatever reason.

For those of us older heads it is a concern but in the eyes of the 21st century, if we needed a bigger ground and we had an owner who wanted it, we would.

Off the top of my head it is perfectly feasible to incorporate the land that we use now and redevelop the whole of Leazes park and surrounding cow grass to create one big St James' Park with freeman land to go with it.

Could maybe move some of the older materials from the stadium to a new one just a few hundred yards or so North.  Where the ground is now could see a grand entrance to the whole park which could be the centre piece of the country with retail units scattered around instead of the drug ridden no-go zone we have at night.

You are in cloud cook cuckoo land if you think that is even remotely possible. The two major blockers are:

1) cost of a brand new stadium is prohibitive unless you build a relatively small identikit flat pack stadium.

2) you would never get planning consent to build a new stadium on Leazes Park or the Town Moor.

You are in cloud cook cuckoo land if you think that is even remotely possible. The two major blockers are:

1) cost of a brand new stadium is prohibitive unless you build a relatively small identikit flat pack stadium.

2) you would never get planning consent to build a new stadium on Leazes Park or the Town Moor.

Bearing in mind I made my thoughts on this pretty clear in that it is neither wanted or likely as it was just a basic idea off the top of my head. 

Having thought about it though off the back of your unnecessary slight about where my mental state is.  Maybe I am a fruit cake, maybe im not but if someone with money and clout wanted it, it would happen. Simple as. Nee blockers, nee nowt.

The welly wearing tree huggers went round the toon years ago with their petition about no business on the town moor, well since all this time has passed, there has been plenty of 'business' done on the land that we were going to extend onto which wasn't the town moor but hunters moor.  That business being a student walk across and cows shitting until the cows come home.

Alternatively, a lower bowl safe standing level could easily take the attendance close to 60,000 at the existing St James'

Continued capital improvements and investment into the ground and surrounding areas is all in the best interest of the club and the local economy.  Esp if owner of club also controls the land, the retail, etc. I've been harping about this for ages but your best sport owners are ones who deliver results on pitch and also supplement club income with supplemental investment around the ground and city to help Create jobs, and make the locals more money and build the economy up - it encourages more sponsorship, more commercial income, additional corporate partnerships and ultimately increase of prices when people can afford it.

But last time I even remotely brought this up it was shot down for whatever reason.

No you weren't. I asked the question of 'how' out of genuine ignorance, and you got all snippy with "did you miss the part where I said..." etc!

Bearing in mind I made my thoughts on this pretty clear in that it is neither wanted or likely as it was just a basic idea off the top of my head. 

Having thought about it though off the back of your unnecessary slight about where my mental state is.  Maybe I am a fruit cake, maybe im not but if someone with money and clout wanted it, it would happen. Simple as. Nee blockers, nee nowt.

The welly wearing tree huggers went round the toon years ago with their petition about no business on the town moor, well since all this time has passed, there has been plenty of 'business' done on the land that we were going to extend onto which wasn't the town moor but hunters moor.  That business being a student walk across and cows shitting until the cows come home.

Alternatively, a lower bowl safe standing level could easily take the attendance close to 60,000 at the existing St James'

Doesn't work like that.