Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Rafa will be off because Ashley simply can't deal with somebody that isn't subservient to him. He'll spite himself because of it.

One million percent this. Rafa and KK were the only appointments that weren't from the 'Grateful Dead' file.

My prediction is, we spend average money on a number of players, and string Rafa along with 1 marquee signing, that is 20-30m and would make the window a big spend- but will fall through on deadline day. resulting in a spend way short of what he was promised and is needed to get away from the bottom.

Ashley should just cash in on us in the summer when promotion is confirmed and we are hot property at the top. I fear if Rafa does stay, Ashley will just sack him off in October like he did with Hughton.

It was December they sacked Hughton.

Ashley should just cash in on us in the summer when promotion is confirmed and we are hot property at the top. I fear if Rafa does stay, Ashley will just sack him off in October like he did with Hughton.

It was December they sacked Hughton.

Oh aye. We beat the mackems 5-1in October didn't we? Got mixed up there.

Rafa will be off because Ashley simply can't deal with somebody that isn't subservient to him. He'll spite himself because of it.

That's my fear too. Ashley treats the club like his business portfolio, he can't ever not be in control of something even if he's clueless. Complete egomaniac

I must be the only one who reckons Rafa will get what he wants in the summer and still be here next season then. 4 quality players (£50m budget) I reckon.

nah, i also think he'll stay

Me too. For all his meddling and wanting to be Billy Big Boots at Newcastle, Ashley must know deep down that he needs Rafa more than Rafa needs him. He'll give him a decent transfer war chest and twiddle his thumbs for a few months.  He's always going to be worrying about players resale value though, so the same bullshit will probably come around again in 12 months time.

I've always thought that with the players we have and the position we're at, Ashley may of thought we have enough to get by without paying silly prices, more than likely Rafa is looking for insurance to ensure we get there, but obviously Ashley doesn't wish to pay the premiums. There's got to be some bodies out there who are out of a job and willing to give it all to gain a contract that will put them back in the shop window.

Is Graeme Bailey in Carr's pocket? That new article he has written seems very anti-Rafa.

Yeah the crux of the argument was a bag of bollocks

the most horrendous article i've read in quite some time. what in the living f*** is that stupid c*** trying to get at writing that piece of s*** article? this guy is trying to justify mike ashley's anger and saying rafa has no place to demand anything? that mike ashley understands squad quality/football/value of players? what the fuck? :lol:

It'll be a compromise imho. Rafa will want to spend a lot on 4-5 key players with experience (preferably premiership) and the club will want to make young signings for less money and probably from abroad where the market hasn't gone crackers. Somewhere in-between is the sensible answer and the compromise the club as a whole will make.

I do feel the squad and the manager have been quite complacent over the last few weeks, but from the pictures yesterday they all seemed fired up...we certainly have been more vocal and on point the last few days. 

There's nothing wrong with signing players of the calibre of Cabaye, Remy, Ba, Ben Arfa etc. it's the idea that you'd undermine Rafa Benitez and force him to sign players against his wishes and/or think you'd be able to get something out of hiring managers like Pardew and McClaren to manage some talented players. It's idiotic man. You could just step back and let someone who's only finished outside of the top 5 1x with Liverpool (looking at a full season).

Defies logic really. But we know Mike Ashley is an imbecile.

I must be the only one who reckons Rafa will get what he wants in the summer and still be here next season then. 4 quality players (£50m budget) I reckon.

nah, i also think he'll stay

Me too. For all his meddling and wanting to be Billy Big Boots at Newcastle, Ashley must know deep down that he needs Rafa more than Rafa needs him. He'll give him a decent transfer war chest and twiddle his thumbs for a few months.  He's always going to be worrying about players resale value though, so the same bullshit will probably come around again in 12 months time.

Same.

SD running outdated system software, with an unpatched/insecure portal = wouldn't be another example of Wor Mike's penny pinching would it?

I hope this leaves SD/Ashley vulnerable, potentially, to a class action lawsuit (by it's employees whose personal data has been pinched).

SD running outdated system software, with an unpatched/insecure portal = wouldn't be another example of Wor Mike's penny pinching would it?

I hope this leaves SD/Ashley vulnerable, potentially, to a class action lawsuit (by it's employees whose personal data has been pinched).

Aside from keeping his serfs skint, he's also sapped their spirit and any ounce of self-dignity so they never even dream of suing him. They're zombies with SD logo trampstamps.

Probably running a hooky copy of windows 2000, his IT support is most likely a YTS lad on the cheap.

IT in his business isn't a revenue stream so there is no investment in it. 

Guest neesy111

I've worked with Sports Direct and part of their IT, this doesn't really surprise me although they do have what I'd call adequate procedures.

Probably running a hooky copy of windows 2000, his IT support is most likely a YTS lad on the cheap.

IT can be a revenue stream. Ever heard of e-commerce websites?

For example, Amazon or sportsdirect.com

IT can be a revenue stream. Ever heard of e-commerce websites?

For example, Amazon or sportsdirect.com

NO what are they ?  :kasper:

I meant the day to day support of his systems.  Not the on line sales business.  :lol:

Updating your security isn't a revenue stream.