Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

And what a great signing he was too.

Well done Captain Hindsight.

Well, the board weren't armed with a crystal ball and weren't able to foresee the ACL injury he suffered during the Euros (?) after he signed for us. That injury was the beginning of the end for him imho. All the same, the board backed it's manager when Souness slid the note across Shepherd's desk (with Owen's name written on it) - none of the sort penny pinching & fraudulent underbidding for players as demonstrated by the current bunch.

It's gone from Rafa and Charnley having discussions every day to Rafa not knowing what's going on and that is a big, big change. Rafa seemed really disgruntled last night and clearly not happy.  Ashley has appeared back in the decision making and Carr seems to have got a lot of influence again.  If people aren't worried about this they must have there heads up there arses (or Ashley's)

I've followed my team for 65 years (now 73)  and if Rafa goes that is the end for me.

And they stood idly by as Pardew was almost relegating the club, took them 3 quarters of the season to sack Schteve when the writing was on the wall long before that Bournemouth game and they finally get a man in who can build a team and they start interfering.  :lol:

It's a shame this window has brought this guy to the fore once more. I honestly believe we are in a better place as a club, when Ashley's name is not being discussed, it means in my view that he's doing his job. He and his whole staff let the team and fans down in January, on the evidence of last night, could have major repercussions. 

Well, the board weren't armed with a crystal ball and weren't able to foresee the ACL injury he suffered during the Euros (?) after he signed for us. That injury was the beginning of the end for him imho. All the same, the board backed it's manager when Souness slid the note across Shepherd's desk (with Owen's name written on it) - none of the sort penny pinching & fraudulent underbidding for players as demonstrated by the current bunch.

Cheers Pards.

Cheers Pards.

Priebus & Bannon (Two weapons grade fuckwits) would both be proud of your spindoctoring of a poo sandwich situation into that of a "Youz are f***ing alarmists, it's a black truffle delight" defense of a morally bankrupt, ambitionless regime.

Keep ignoring ten years of Ashley's NUFC/SportsDirect United (where there's smoke ..... you know what they say) and carry on munching down that sandwich. Yum Yum....... grace us all, and sell to us how nice poo seeds taste like. And don't spit it out when things really hit the fan, again. Swallow down every last mouthful - you get what you deserve.

If Rafa goes I think its curtains for a great majority and at least until the club is sold, no guarantees that will be any better either.

I also think while there have been rumors of Ashley Meddling again Charnley is getting off very lightly, the majority of this weighs on his door imo.

This fat fuck has shown before that he can't handle serious pressure from the fans. If Rafa goes because of his bullshit yet again we need to go through him. After taking Kinnear back I'm 100% convinced that if Rafa goes Pardew is back, no question in my eyes. This place will explode.

If Rafa is forced out due to the same old bullshit that forced Keegan out and shafted Hughton, only to bring in some yes man manager with the aim of hovering anywhere from seventeenth up if we got promoted. Begs the question, why on earth would you go to St James? Utterly pointless.

If Rafa is forced out due to the same old bullshit that forced Keegan out and shafted Hughton, only to bring in some yes man manager with the aim of hovering anywhere from seventeenth up if we got promoted. Begs the question, why on earth would you go to St James? Utterly pointless.

That would be me done too. Not sure I can convince my dad though as he's 70 and has nowt else to do.

The truthful thing about these stories is that they're damaging in so many ways but there hasn't been any denials.

When that Shit Direct documentary aired the other year, a statement couldn't come quick enough on the official website which had nothing to do with the football side of the club in reality.

Ashley doesn't want a successful football club and just wants to spend enough to get him in place to cream the most amount of money every year.  The best place to get that is not competing but being around 12th - 17th in the premier league with a 'manager' that wont question the lack of ambition.

To compete in the premier league takes hundreds of millions to get up the top, maybe more over time and then a continual freshening up of the team to a tune of tens of millions a season not to mention a higher wage bill.  With that comes a higher expectation from the fans (paying customer) instead of what he wants in lowered expectation and being thankful for the bowls of stodge served up every now and then.

Time is the only thing that will change things here, nothing else but by then most of us will have run out of it.

Cheers Pards.

Priebus & Bannon (Two weapons grade fuckwits) would both be proud of your spindoctoring of a poo sandwich situation into that of a "Youz are f***ing alarmists, it's a black truffle delight" defense of a morally bankrupt, ambitionless regime.

Keep ignoring ten years of Ashley's NUFC/SportsDirect United (where there's smoke ..... you know what they say) and carry on munching down that sandwich. Yum Yum....... grace us all, and sell to us how nice poo seeds taste like. And don't spit it out when things really hit the fan, again. Swallow down every last mouthful - you get what you deserve.

My defence of this regime? When? Where?

All I said sarcastically was "and what a great signing he was". You got all that from that comment?

Stay off the drugs pal. :lol:

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley WILL spend big for Rafa Benitez — once they are back in the Premier League

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has told boss Rafa Benitez : “Judge me in the summer.”

The Spaniard was furious after the club failed to sign any of his January window targets, including their former winger Andros Townsend.

But a St James’ Park insider told Sunday Mirror Sport that Ashley is committed to buying big this summer, if his Magpies win promotion back to the Premier League.

The club hierarchy are disappointed at Benitez going public over their handling of the January window.

They felt it was bad business to bring in top players in January who would probably be sold at a loss in the summer if Toon end up staying in the Championship – and they insist the manager was well aware of their position.

Benitez, for his part, is not convinced the current squad — who top the division and are six points clear of third-placed Reading after Saturday's win over Derby — is good enough to guarantee a return to the big time, and was desperate to strengthen in the winter window.

Townsend was only ever likely to return on a loan, following his £11million summer move from Newcastle to Crystal Palace. But the Geordies refused to meet the terms of a £2m loan fee, coupled with a further £13m payment in the summer.

Ashley, one of the biggest spenders last time Newcastle won promotion from the Championship, has indicated he will dig deep again once they are back in the top flight.

But he is adamant it's going to be done his way – something that will give Benitez food for thought over the coming months.

The Spaniard has indicated he will not quit but has refused to give assurances about his long-term future beyond the end of the season, when Ashley’s plans are set to move into sharper focus.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-owner-mike-ashley-spend-9758725

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley WILL spend big for Rafa Benitez — once they are back in the Premier League

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has told boss Rafa Benitez : “Judge me in the summer.”

The Spaniard was furious after the club failed to sign any of his January window targets, including their former winger Andros Townsend.

But a St James’ Park insider told Sunday Mirror Sport that Ashley is committed to buying big this summer, if his Magpies win promotion back to the Premier League.

The club hierarchy are disappointed at Benitez going public over their handling of the January window.

They felt it was bad business to bring in top players in January who would probably be sold at a loss in the summer if Toon end up staying in the Championship – and they insist the manager was well aware of their position.

Benitez, for his part, is not convinced the current squad — who top the division and are six points clear of third-placed Reading after Saturday's win over Derby — is good enough to guarantee a return to the big time, and was desperate to strengthen in the winter window.

Townsend was only ever likely to return on a loan, following his £11million summer move from Newcastle to Crystal Palace. But the Geordies refused to meet the terms of a £2m loan fee, coupled with a further £13m payment in the summer.

Ashley, one of the biggest spenders last time Newcastle won promotion from the Championship, has indicated he will dig deep again once they are back in the top flight.

But he is adamant it's going to be done his way – something that will give Benitez food for thought over the coming months.

The Spaniard has indicated he will not quit but has refused to give assurances about his long-term future beyond the end of the season, when Ashley’s plans are set to move into sharper focus.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-owner-mike-ashley-spend-9758725

Except for the part highlighted above. I think Rafa will walk in the summer. I don't buy in to the crap that Mike Ashley needs to, or even should, interfere. Hasn't he learned anything from the past - what? - nine years. Rafa knows what he is doing.

I just pray to God they find a compromise. Rafa represents everything that is good with the game and with the club whereas Ashley represents everything that is the opposite. It would just be do unfair for the destructive half of the duo to win again.

I will try and not think about it too much for now, either way. I absolutely f***ing Love how Rafa calmed it (me) down with his comments the other day, if only for now at least. Easier said than done when it comes to trying to not think about it too much but how Rafa handled it and talked about it later on certainly helped me feel much better. This combined with the win yesterday is so much better than it was just after the Qpr game.

Like Rafa said, promotion is the main thing right now.

Ashley will always be looking to exert authority and it needs for whatever rationale he has to be visible. A man used to getting his own way regardless of dissenting advice or criticism. You just have to hope and pray for an attack of humility.

Or just financial acumen. Ashley's attempts to run the club on the cheap has got us relegated twice. No one expects Ashley to give Rafa the funds to win the title, we aren't in that race, but we are one of the top 6 clubs for potential in England. He could certainly give Rafa the backing to fulfil that potential, and that would probably work out better for his bank balance than running the club with a poor manager in charge.