Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

How much have we earned going back up?

£150m. It would be £200m but they have changed the rules on parachute payments where if you yo yo then you don't get the full amount if you have been relegated in recent seasons (think it is 3 seasons) so at the moment we would get £100m for next season, and if we go down then we would be due the remainder of our parachute payments, which is £50m.

How much have we earned going back up?

£150m. It would be £200m but they have changed the rules on parachute payments where if you yo yo then you don't get the full amount if you have been relegated in recent seasons (think it is 3 seasons) so at the moment we would get £100m for next season, and if we go down then we would be due the remainder of our parachute payments, which is £50m.

That's huge adding on selling players too, The trouble is clubs will demand more money from us then they would Burnley

What should happen is that he trusts Rafa 100% and gets the players Rafa wants without questioning it. What always happens though is that one of his Grima Wormtongue's get in his ear and advise him to do stupid shit. That combined with him being a cheapskate it's always a lethal combination.

I'll never trust Ashley to do the right thing. This is exactly the time he usually throws his massive 'fuck up' spanner in the works, just when we're all feeling on a high and enjoying supporting the club again. If he could just not be twat this time around we could carry this momentum into a great, feel good PL season but I can't help feeling there's anther disaster looming. I think the fat shit does it out of spite and nothing would spite us more than him shitting on Rafa. I hope to God i'm wrong but would any of us be surprised?

Ashley will f*** this up massively. Guaranteed.

I think Rafa will leave during the summer.

I think we should have a ban on these posts until the start of June.

Tbf if pushed to one extreme or the other, I think both those outcomes are more likely than the alternatives  :lol:

Tbf if pushed to one extreme or the other, I think both those outcomes are more likely than the alternatives  :lol:

I'm not saying it's not likely, I'm just staying wilfully deluded as long as I can. Always worked before ???

It's not even a case of SPEND LOADS OF MONEY NOW YA TIGHT b******! It's more simply 'be sensible, back the manager, don't lie'.

What do you class as sensible spending for this summer ?

However much Rafa thinks he needs to spend in order to achieve whatever he wants to achieve next season, give or take a few million either way. There isn't a specific number.

I don't really like the whole "oh, we need to spend X amount," because that isn't how it works. I've argued before that I don't think we need to spend absolutely gazillions in order to create a side that will stay up. We need a minimum of four significant upgrades in defense, midfield and attack to ensure we've got a team capable of surviving, imo. Fuck knows how much they're gonna cost; it'll be whatever the selling clubs are prepared to sell for.

Only one problem with that logic - you are assuming that Rafa will be happy just to survive in the premier next season. I doubt it. He's not daft, he'll know we are a couple of years away from having a team he can be proud to call his, but he's going to want a first team that can at least compete with the big boys. Mid table will probably be a realistic ambition for next season but he'll be wanting to hit the European spots by the season after IMO.

I'm not saying it's not likely, I'm just staying wilfully deluded as long as I can. Always worked before ???

Good for you. May I ask how that has worked out since 2007 :lol:

I'm really happy for the supporters and the city. Still think this will not end well.