Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

The club had a fit when the HMRC wanted to check the books so I doubt they'll hand them over for buyers to have a mooch.  Disclosure or not.

I just think there's that much smoke about that it's the equivalent of JFK being left alone to cook in the training ground kitchen.

It was yeah, but they said 2 had previously been signed. Wonder whos behind those.

My post was in response to tmonkey.

But I wouldn’t be surprised if the leak about NDAs being signed is a false link, as was the Chinese interest that the club purposely leaked in the summer.

:thup:

The club had a fit when the HMRC wanted to check the books so I doubt they'll hand them over for buyers to have a mooch.  Disclosure or not.

They'll just show them a different set of books. You normally have two or three sets depending on if you're trying to sell up.

I tend to agree and Rafa's half smile on Sunday when asked about the situation just confirms it for me.

Is there a link to this?  :smitten:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/11063687/benitez-pleased-with-newcastle-belief

1:53 in  - he knows  :cool:

:thup: :thup:

:rose:

God damnit! See how much he blinks when answering that compared to all the other questions? Hes fucking lying!! It's true!  :frantic:

You know they are all trained to deflect questions of this nature that are not related to the game, he does that but it is true he's a little more uncomfortable talking about it for whatever reason, he fidgets around and it's really out of character with the calm demeanor he portrays throughout the rest of the interview. Obviously we are clutching at straws and reading way too much into everything revolving around this right now :)

Always preferred the Organic model but as everyone else is at it now, why not join them.  Does not ensure success but some sensible investment in the squad would hopefully mean some forward thinking momentum!

The prospect of a very successful investment professional who knows a think or two about making real money through shrewd investment is pretty appealing.

People still bang on about any new owner needing to have loads of funds when the reality of it is, is that us being allowed to be run to a normal potential is a big increase straight away.

Obviously extra funds will allow other things to grow but any owner with no extra agenda to better a side business will do. So Staveley, Middle Eastern investors or Joe Bloggs, it doesn't matter.

A nice sensible start by someone being able to maximise our advertising space and be able to turn that into direct funds to run the club instead of a parasite burying itself into the club and feasting of its flesh.

Guest Howaythetoon

Looking a the club as a businessman and objectively it has huge huge potential. It has often been referred to as the Crown Jewels of British Football, albeit by the Halls and Keegan and co, but there is no other club in the country and maybe the world with as much potential. Look at what has happened at Manchester City and they live in Man Utd's shadow. Go anywhere in the world and you will see people wearing their shirts and imagery of Auegro, Pep or Toure or whoever. They are now a global super club I'd say. Newcastle United needs a lot of work done to it, but with the right investment and business acumen there is no reason why we can't become a super club because the foundations are already there. NUFC is easily worth 400 million if you are looking at it as a long term project. If you are looking to make money forget it, it's worth probably what Ashley paid for it. We are already one of the biggest clubs in tech world and that is despite ten years of Ashley running us like fucking Netto.

Re: Supposed Saudi Interest in NUFC

The Saudi economy isn't in the best condition right now to say the least; with many of the big contracts (the Haramain railway project, the Riyadh metro etc.) still not paid up to the respective Spanish construction/engineering companies that started the works. 80% of government 'vanity' projects have stalled due to lack of funds mainly due to the crash in oil prices, and honestly just general inefficiency (Did you mean: corruption) in the public sector. You could also argue that the crack-down in the cheap illegal workforce has meant that construction-based ventures are now drastically more costly and an ill-timed and expensive border war with Yemen certainly didn't help them either. Because of this, they're now actively trying to find money wherever they can through introducing taxes on foreign workers, privatizing some Aramco shares, and moving the onus of  providing welfare/ health insurance to employers , ie. Private companies.

I therefore find it difficult to believe that they want to enter into another big-ticket pissing competition with the other Khaliji states over football when they have other more serious issues to attend to. Just my 2 cents, anyway...

Any potential buyer should just flat out ask him how much he wants to walk away completely. No evidence of his ownership left behind.

Probably half a billion.

This is my worry. Plus the nerve of the f***ing man. If he'd only run us like a proper business and club, he would stand to make a lot more. Instead he's constantly focused on fleecing whomever he does business with to maximize his own pennies without spending any.

I'm concerned he won't let go of the SD branding opportunity that easily, he may have a provision that all that tat stays up, regardless of majority stakeholder.

Yup. The listed asking price of £380m probably includes having the monkey, that is Sports Direct, on their back. I reckon it will take £500m plus to completely eradicate any link to the parasitic connection between the club & SD.

Then there's the other scenario. Fat Boy addresses the fan base, courtesy of another puff piece on Sky, reiterating that he tried to seal a deal while repeating "they're (the fans/the city) stuck with me for a while yet".

:thup:

The value they're looking to float Saudi Aramco at is staggering, done alot of work to do with said company recently & its quite unbelievable the amount of cash resources they have at disposal (even in todays current market/compared to other natural resources companies) it seems like a gamble on future oil prices rocketing, buying stuff up whilst cheaper.

Even with the current issues going on in Saudi I doubt they'd lose any sleep over a billion or so, like stated itd be a pissing contest & alot of the arab oil rich nations seem to like nothing better. 

But I doubt itd be us :lol:

Apparently (and I use the term very fucking loosely) this has smoked out a previous investor from China who are now willing to meet the asking price.

Probably more guess work, but it sounds plausible so no doubt hear it going around soon enough.

Looking a the club as a businessman and objectively it has huge huge potential. It has often been referred to as the Crown Jewels of British Football, albeit by the Halls and Keegan and co, but there is no other club in the country and maybe the world with as much potential. Look at what has happened at Manchester City and they live in Man Utd's shadow. Go anywhere in the world and you will see people wearing their shirts and imagery of Auegro, Pep or Toure or whoever. They are now a global super club I'd say. Newcastle United needs a lot of work done to it, but with the right investment and business acumen there is no reason why we can't become a super club because the foundations are already there. NUFC is easily worth 400 million if you are looking at it as a long term project. If you are looking to make money forget it, it's worth probably what Ashley paid for it. We are already one of the biggest clubs in tech world and that is despite ten years of Ashley running us like fucking Netto.

A bit over the top as usual, but we should be one of the most attractive clubs in the world to buy. Not only unique in being a one club city, but we stand apart from most of the other clubs in England in both geography and passion for the game which has to be a massive factor. It would be for British buyers anyway, my only worry is whether foreign buyers would realise it. Someone like Stavely would be crucial in conveying this. You see nothing clubs like Crystal Palace and QPR getting bought up and you wonder whether the owners think just because they are in London that somehow gives them extra value?

Looking a the club as a businessman and objectively it has huge huge potential. It has often been referred to as the Crown Jewels of British Football, albeit by the Halls and Keegan and co, but there is no other club in the country and maybe the world with as much potential. Look at what has happened at Manchester City and they live in Man Utd's shadow. Go anywhere in the world and you will see people wearing their shirts and imagery of Auegro, Pep or Toure or whoever. They are now a global super club I'd say. Newcastle United needs a lot of work done to it, but with the right investment and business acumen there is no reason why we can't become a super club because the foundations are already there. NUFC is easily worth 400 million if you are looking at it as a long term project. If you are looking to make money forget it, it's worth probably what Ashley paid for it. We are already one of the biggest clubs in tech world and that is despite ten years of Ashley running us like f***ing Netto.

A bit over the top as usual, but we should be one of the most attractive clubs in the world to buy. Not only unique in being a one club city, but we stand apart from most of the other clubs in England in both geography and passion for the game which has to be a massive factor. It would be for British buyers anyway, my only worry is whether foreign buyers would realise it. Someone like Stavely would be crucial in conveying this. You see nothing clubs like Crystal Palace and QPR getting bought up and you wonder whether the owners think just because they are in London that somehow gives them extra value?

Don't think it's over the top at all, this club really can be something gargantuan. We've already had a springboard in Rafa but it needs one more catalyst; an owner with money, f***s to give and ambition. I remember Luke Edwards penned an article not so long ago saying that NUFC is the only club in the PL worth buying currently, and he's right.