Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

He's so unpredictable though and a fucking idiot so it wouldn't be unlike him to just change his mind and call the whole thing off.

I just hope he really has finally had enough and just wants rid, all the signs point that way, and worse case for him he accepts an offer where he breaks even on his investment.

Absolutely nothing to say they'll offer what Ashley wants though.

£350m and it's done imo. He won't get his £380m asking price, but it'll not be far off.

He wants away like, he's not messing this time.

If he genuinely wants away there's no way he'll let PCP walk away. Even if they won't budge from £300m he's going to more than get his money back, and that's without accounting for the free advertising for Sports Direct for 10 years,

Disagree, I think he'd keep it. We're not talking small sums of money here, £50-80m of cash. :lol:

Then he doesn't really want to sell.

Ashley has tried and failed miserably to hawk us before. If nothing happens here he’ll be around for another few years using the same business model. Looks like he’s had enough of that and now is the time to get the deal done.

I can hardly believe I’m typing this but, I think a deal will be done and if he does sell to owners that will pump money in then an awful lot of my hatred of Ashley will go with it and I kinda think that Ashley would like to leave with some kind of redemption. He could even slag the fans off afterwards by pointing that his model had made the sale possible and I’d accept that.

If he fucks us over on this one the fallout would be huge. I doubt he’s got any real appetite for that. He’s thick skinned but he must see this as the time to get out.

Ashley has tried and failed miserably to hawk us before. If nothing happens here he’ll be around for another few years using the same business model. Looks like he’s had enough of that and now is the time to get the deal done.

I can hardly believe I’m typing this but, I think a deal will be done and if he does sell to owners that will pump money in then an awful lot of my hatred of Ashley will go with it and I kinda think that Ashley would like to leave with some kind of redemption. He could even slag the fans off afterwards by pointing that his model had made the sale possible and I’d accept that.

If he fucks us over on this one the fallout would be huge. I doubt he’s got any real appetite for that. He’s thick skinned but he must see this as the time to get out.

If he sells us to someone with ambition and plans to run us properly and lets us go with no ties left to him/SD, and the possibly to extend the Gallowgate remains then I’ll have no feeling towards him.

I do think he wants out, but at the end of the day the club is only worth what someone else is willing to pay. You'd expect him to try and squeeze the highest price possible, but as long as he gets his money back, there's no way he should be pulling out of any deal. Unless he's full of shit.

Guest neesy111

If he sells us to someone with ambition and plans to run us properly and lets us go with no ties left to him/SD, and the possibly to extend the Gallowgate remains then I’ll have no feeling towards him.

I find this opinion offensive.

I do think he wants out, but at the end of the day the club is only worth what someone else is willing to pay. You'd expect him to try and squeeze the highest price possible, but as long as he gets his money back, there's no way he should be pulling out of any deal. Unless he's full of shit.

I think you know the answer to that one.

Unfortunately the past rather proves that.

There is another side to Ashley's sellup, that hasn't been mentioned yet.

What is Ashley's plan for the money he will earn from the sale of NUFC.  If he already has a new investment/new purchase lined up, then there will be a level of urgency from that side to release the money for the new venture.  Is there another retailer that he wants to buy on the cheap?

Of course he may not have any immediate plans in which case no urgency (and a waste of time writing this).

What is Ashley's plan for the money he will earn from the sale of NUFC.  If he already has a new investment/new purchase lined up, then there will be a level of urgency from that side to release the money for the new venture.  Is there another retailer that he wants to buy on the cheap?

Of course he may not have any immediate plans in which case no urgency (and a waste of time writing this).

It has been mentioned. In the press today and in this thread. Intends to buy another football club according to an aide.

Ashley has been in front of MP's because of the Victorian work house conditions he makes his employees work in, he is universally hated in the banking world because of the way he treats people, he actually sold advertising space on the front of Newcastle United's shirts to a loan shark, time after time after time he has treat the fans with utter contempt and still we fill our stadium that he owns, by the looks of things he has committed tax fraud with numerous transfers carried out under his ownership.

Mike Ashley is a horrible person that's deserves nobody's sympathy

If Ashley refuses to budge on a price then he will probably be stuck with us.

The club is more attractive now because we have a world class manager - lose him and the subsequent unrest in the fanbase and he won't achieve whatever price is likely to be offered.

It would be interesting to know who the other interested parties are because Amanda Staveley might not even be the best option.

However I won't get excited until a change in ownership is official as I really wouldn't put it past Ashley to change his mind at the last minute.

I think it will happen this time.

Discussion about price, bearing in mind no one really knows what it is, should take into account the favourable exchange rate for foreign buyers right now. His asking price may be higher in sterling but it's probably no more than before to prospective buyers.

It would be a no brainer for Ashley to bail out a shite championship club with money problems, in order to get them promoted and flog them for a better price after he's milked the advertising.

It has been mentioned. In the press today and in this thread. Intends to buy another football club according to an aide.

Yes, I saw that... but I don't think that would be any reason to sell by Christmas.  I saw that news as something he would do in the future, but not something that has a timetable that would require urgency with the sale of Newcastle.

If he f***s us over on this one the fallout would be huge. I doubt he’s got any real appetite for that. He’s thick skinned but he must see this as the time to get out.

Pardew. McClaren. Carver. Kinnear. Wise. Jiminez. Llambias. Charnley. Sports Direct Arena. Relegation twice. Fucking Keegan about. 10 years of misery.

No, I'll still hate the cunt.

You wont remember this when we win back to back League Titles and the Champions League.