Wolves vs Newcastle United pre-match thread - 01/10/11 @ 3pm

Beren

http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showthread.php?12543-views-on-the-newcastle-game

Interesting comments as usual from opposition fans, they seem a sound lot. Particularly liked this guy's comments:

I was at university in Sunderland for a while but left as all the maccams were proper t*&^ers, yet you geordies were all top when we were out and about in Newcastle. Could never get my head round that as the two places are on each others doorstep. Good luck for the season (after Saturday), and with a bit of luck Sunderland and West brom will be going down.

Yeah I know that Waggy, however as a student up there I was regularly spat at, threatened and verbally abused. The three lads I lived with all took a right panning on nights out as the locals youths had a penchant for student bashing. This was twenty years ago, but things like that tend to leave a somewhat lasting impression!

Interesting to read that they really rate Fletcher. I've always thought he looked a good player (for a Jock) and has like a 1 in 3 Prem record, yet he doesn't always start for them and can't get in the Scotland team. :dontknow:

Edit: Looks like Fletcher doesn't see eye to eye with Levein, hence not playing for them.

Would love to see Cabaye totally cunt Karl Henry, talking putting him in the stands type of stuff. Such a horrible player. Hopefully we can get at least a draw here although there's no reason we shouldn't be going for all three points.

I think this will be quite a tight game and we should be happy with a point.

Having said, I've a feeling that we have it in us to really click and give a team a good howking. It could have easily been yesterday and  with a little more luck we could have got another couple of goals at Villa. There's a good feel good atmosphere seemingly within the squad and we'll going to Molineux with bags of confidence.

Interesting to read that they really rate Fletcher. I've always thought he looked a good player (for a Jock) and has like a 1 in 3 Prem record, yet he doesn't always start for them and can't get in the Scotland team. :dontknow:

Edit: Looks like Fletcher doesn't see eye to eye with Levein, hence not playing for them.

hes excellent at finishing chances he gets (the finish vs liverpool was excellently taken) but doesn't do a whole lot else

Interesting that the Wolves fans have already picked up on how good Cabaye is.

I suspect that most haven't seen him at all; they're just aping received wisdom.  He's getting a lot good press.  He had a terrific game against Villa and the word is out.

Early on Enrique showed on one or two of those "worst buys of the summer list" and it took opposition fans years to figure out he was a decent player.

Some of our fans are expecting a win, the national media are talking about our good start and talking about us in a positive light... it's got defeat written all over it. Did that satellite come back down to earth yet? I'm guessing it'll hit Molineaux on Saturday.

Would love to think we could go there and rape them for 4 or 5, which on paper we are more than capable of doing, but Wolves will no doubt disrupt our passing game and get stuck in at every opportunity, so it's really a case of do we have the bottle to keep our heads and overcome it, and I think we can. :)

0-2 Win!

Would be more than satisfied with a draw here. Notoriously difficult place to go, and we don't have a great record at Molineux by any means. The FA Cup defeat under Robson still haunts me. Would really, really love for us to get a win - but first and foremost, avoid defeat. Got to be the same team, really, after Saturday's marvellous performance.

Guest WashyGeordie

If we play like we did against Villa then we could win, QPR beat them 0-3 here, although i suspect they won't play that bad because they improved against Millwall in the cup and the Liverpool away game (albeit a 1-2 loss).

But atm, i'd take a draw like.

Guest Dontooner

honestly we ain't arsenal....so we wouldn't be whipping boys when it comes to the tackling game ....In fact i think we will out tackle them and give them a big surprise...Well ...i have confidence in Tiote,Cabaye,Jonas and even Obertan, they all dont seem to be afraid to get stuck in.