Newcastle Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur - 16/10/11 @ 4pm - live on SKY

Anderson

IF & its a massive IF Santon starts then I would not totally drop Ryan Taylor he don't deserve that.

--------------Krul

Simo--Tayls-----Colo----Santon

--------Tiote-----Cab

Rayls---------------------Jonas

--------Best-------Ba

I'd rather Pardew didn't play those "deserving" when he has better players chomping at the bit. You need that ruthless streak at this level, Keegan certainly had it when he ditched Kelly and Peacock. Pardew needs to also prove that he's got it.

I agree those three need to play but from the bench for now.

They'll have another 2 weeks of training before Spurs, start them.

Its not about fitness or sharpness its about unsettling the team if we make three changes to the starting 11.

I time our starting 11 should be

--------------Krul

--------Tiote-----Cab

Jonas---------------------HBA

--------Best-------Ba

its great to have a choice of selection.. for WAY to long our starting 11 has picked its self.

Three starting changes to an unbeaten side

WHY?

Because I think we'll be a better team if we play what I think is our best starting 11.  We'll get nothing against Spurs if we play like we did today in the 2nd half.

While dropping players that are playing well for someone else that has hardly played in the last 12 months based purely on nothing but reputation will be awful for player morale, it's basically telling players that it doesn't matter how well you play when you get the chance if you're not in the best 11 on paper you will be out.

Ben Arfa needs to be patient and take his chance when it comes along, not have it handed to him on a plate at the expense of someone else that has earned their place in the starting 11.

What kind of effect will it have on Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Santon's morale if it seems like no matter what they do they can't get a start? Play them ffs.

IF & its a massive IF Santon starts then I would not totally drop Ryan Taylor he don't deserve that.

--------------Krul

--------Tiote-----Cab

--------Best-------Ba

I'd rather Pardew didn't play those "deserving" when he has better players chomping at the bit. You need that ruthless streak at this level, Keegan certainly had it when he ditched Kelly and Peacock. Pardew needs to also prove that he's got it.

you right players feelings should not matter but I think to say to Ryan your out at LB but to reward your hard work there, I am giving you a chance on the right wing.. there is nothing wrong with that.

It don't work out, he is on the bench and Marv gets the nod.

--------------Krul

--------Tiote-----Cab

--------Best-------Ba

Completely different scenario tbh, in fact you could liken getting rid of Kelly and Peacock to getting rid of Nolan.

Keegan also stuck with Geremi in the team because he was playing well, it's what a good manager should do.

While dropping players that are playing well for someone else that has hardly played in the last 12 months based purely on nothing but reputation will be awful for player morale, it's basically telling players that it doesn't matter how well you play when you get the chance if you're not in the best 11 on paper you will be out.

Ben Arfa needs to be patient and take his chance when it comes along, not have it handed to him on a plate at the expense of someone else that has earned their place in the starting 11.

I would rather play what looks to be our best 11, if our lesser players don't like that then tough really.  I don't even think that Ryan Taylor or Obertan are playing that well, Best isn't a player that I enjoy watching but to be fair to him he has scored some important goals and has put in some good passes.  I just think his luck has run out now that Ba looks to be our main threat in front of goal and is probably getting balls that Best was getting only a few weeks ago.

WHY?

Because I think we'll be a better team if we play what I think is our best starting 11.  We'll get nothing against Spurs if we play like we did today in the 2nd half.

What kind of effect will it have on Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Santon's morale if it seems like no matter what they do they can't get a start? Play them ffs.

What has Ben Arfa done to deserve to start over Best?

Marveaux and Santon I can understand as Obertan and Taylor haven't been great recently but Ben Arfa walking straight into the team over a player in form is ridiculous.

f***ing international break.  :tickedoff:

Anyway, time to change things up a bit, our first real test of the season. Marveaux in for Obertan, Santon in for Raylor and Ben Arfa for one of the front two. Would happily take a draw, although I would like us to come out and look for a win.

Prediction, 2-2.

Hardly to be honest.

WHY?

Marveaux and Santon I can understand as Obertan and Taylor haven't been great recently but Ben Arfa walking straight into the team over a player in form is ridiculous.

Then when exactly do we start him?

WHY?

I would just pick the side most likely to win the game. Spurs aren't Wolves or Blackburn, they have players who can hurt us so we will need to have enough firepower to hit them hard as well.

WHY?

When either one of our strikers or Jonas fall out of form or Ben Arfa comes on and has a cameo so good that Pardew just can't leave him out.

Ben Arfa has done all he can do, he's regained his fitness after two injuries and he's clearly the better player of the two.

Ben Arfa has done all he can do, he's regained his fitness after two injuries and he's clearly the better player of the two.

I don't care if he is the better player of the two, Best has the shirt and is playing well so it's his to lose.

Guest hatem garrincha

WHY?

Never, just sell him  :lol:

WHY?

When either one of our strikers or Jonas fall out of form or Ben Arfa comes on and has a cameo so good that Pardew just can't leave him out.

Any other player I would probably agree, but in this case, nah, he's got to play. I would be quite willing to put money on him being our best player going forward and no matter how well others are doing, we need to make space for him in the team unless he proves otherwise.

Plus, depending on how long the wait is going an extended period without even giving him a chance is a recipe for disaster with regards to his attitude.

I don't care if he is the better player of the two, Best has the shirt and is playing well so it's his to lose.

I hope that he's lost it.

Why should he though?

I can see the points for dropping Obertan and Taylor because they've been sub standard but Best has been playing really well, he's grabbed 3 goals and his hold up play and control have been excellent, as long as him and Ba know that if they don't perform they will be replaced in the starting 11 then it should be enough to keep them on their toes and performing at the standard they have been.

WHY?

Any other player I would probably agree, but in this case, nah, he's got to play. I would be quite willing to put money on him being our best player going forward and no matter how well others are doing, we need to make space for him in the team unless he proves otherwise.

Plus, depending on how long the wait is going an extended period without even giving him a chance is a recipe for disaster with regards to his attitude.

Honestly some of the Ben Arfa fawning on this forum can be embarrassing sometimes, yes he's a quality player on form but he doesn't deserve special treatment, in fact his 2 performances at SJP before the Fulham game were average at best.

Why should he though?

I can see the points for dropping Obertan and Taylor because they've been sub standard but Best has been playing really well, he's grabbed 3 goals and his hold up play and control have been excellent, as long as him and Ba know that if they don't perform they will be replaced in the starting 11 then it should be enough to keep them on their toes and performing at the standard they have been.

I don't rate Best as highly as some people doand I know that I might be the one in the wrong but I'll go with what I think.  Best does very little for me even if he has improved his game over the last couple of seasons, I can see him going on a run of games without doing much, especially against the better teams.

Krul

Simpson      Taylor    Coloccini    Santon

Tiote

Cabaye

Obertan                                      Jonas

Ba            Best

I've got the last 3 right so far: 1-1

Hard selection for Pardew; Santon, Marveaux and Ben Arfa will be desperate to play now. I think he will hold out for one more game on Ben Arfa and Marveaux. I think he will have to play Santon.

Lets hope they all come back in good shape from the internationals, that might play a part in his decision making.

Honestly some of the Ben Arfa fawning on this forum can be embarrassing sometimes, yes he's a quality player on form but he doesn't deserve special treatment, in fact his 2 performances at SJP before the Fulham game were average at best.

:lol:

I thought he was OK against Blackpool and Stoke.