Newcastle Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur - 16/10/11 @ 4pm - live on SKY

Anderson

Why should he though?

I can see the points for dropping Obertan and Taylor because they've been sub standard but Best has been playing really well, he's grabbed 3 goals and his hold up play and control have been excellent, as long as him and Ba know that if they don't perform they will be replaced in the starting 11 then it should be enough to keep them on their toes and performing at the standard they have been.

I don't rate Best as highly as some people doand I know that I might be the one in the wrong but I'll go with what I think.  Best does very little for me even if he has improved his game over the last couple of seasons, I can see him going on a run of games without doing much, especially against the better teams.

Best has been our best player in our last 2 games, he has come on leaps and bounds as a footballer. He looks an all-round better player than a few months ago.

I've noticed a swagger about him recently too, which is great to see.

IF & its a massive IF Santon starts then I would not totally drop Ryan Taylor he don't deserve that.

--------------Krul

Simo--Tayls-----Colo----Santon

--------Tiote-----Cab

Rayls---------------------Jonas

--------Best-------Ba

I'd rather Pardew didn't play those "deserving" when he has better players chomping at the bit. You need that ruthless streak at this level, Keegan certainly had it when he ditched Kelly and Peacock. Pardew needs to also prove that he's got it.

Ditching Kelly and Peacock was totally different, that was after the season had ended and we were bringing in new players for the following season,  the current side is currently sitting 3rd in the league, unbeaten and has the best defence in the country(well it was before kick off).  I want to see Santon and HBA in the side but you can't justify changing the team when its on such a run.

I caught an interview on the radio with Pardew about 10 days ago when he was commenting about team changes and loyalty to players,  said something along the lines of when he was a player he hated seeing players who were playing well replaced by other players and said as a manager he put alot of faith in being fair to his players and is loyal to players in possession of the shirt who are doing the business.  Plus we have built up this great team spirit and bond, changing the team and replacing players who are playing well could disrupt the harmony, its easy to answer the players on the bench if they moan about not being in the side cos all you've got to do is point to the league table and say we are unbeaten,  bit different explaining to players in an unbeaten side why you've dropped them.

Imagine the stick pardew would get if he makes 2 or 3 changes and we lose!

Best has been our best player in our last 2 games, he has come on leaps and bounds as a footballer. He looks an all-round better player than a few months ago.

Best hasn't been our best player in the last 2 games.

-----------------------Krul

Santon - S. Taylor - Colo - R. Taylor

----------------------Tiote

---------------Cabaye - Marveaux

----HBA----------------------------Jonas

-------------------------Ba

Dropping Obertan and Simpson is quite easy. And Ben Arfa has to play in this.

Best hasn't been our best player in the last 2 games.

OK thanks for clearing that up.

IF & its a massive IF Santon starts then I would not totally drop Ryan Taylor he don't deserve that.

--------------Krul

Simo--Tayls-----Colo----Santon

--------Tiote-----Cab

Rayls---------------------Jonas

--------Best-------Ba

I'd rather Pardew didn't play those "deserving" when he has better players chomping at the bit. You need that ruthless streak at this level, Keegan certainly had it when he ditched Kelly and Peacock. Pardew needs to also prove that he's got it.

Ditching Kelly and Peacock was totally different, that was after the season had ended and we were bringing in new players for the following season,  the current side is currently sitting 3rd in the league, unbeaten and has the best defence in the country(well it was before kick off).  I want to see Santon and HBA in the side but you can't justify changing the team when its on such a run.

I caught an interview on the radio with Pardew about 10 days ago when he was commenting about team changes and loyalty to players,  said something along the lines of when he was a player he hated seeing players who were playing well replaced by other players and said as a manager he put alot of faith in being fair to his players and is loyal to players in possession of the shirt who are doing the business.  Plus we have built up this great team spirit and bond, changing the team and replacing players who are playing well could disrupt the harmony, its easy to answer the players on the bench if they moan about not being in the side cos all you've got to do is point to the league table and say we are unbeaten,  bit different explaining to players in an unbeaten side why you've dropped them.

Imagine the stick pardew would get if he makes 2 or 3 changes and we lose!

I can understand the loyalty towards players who have done the business for you, but I hope it doesn't cost us the game against Tottenham. They are a class above the teams we have played in the last couple of weeks and we didn't finish the game today so well, although Pardew's substitutions didn't help.

Best was our best player today, for me.

Both front lads have been quality for me, I still think that HBA in there instead of one of them would link up the midfield better. Plus Santon for Raylor will improve the side, no matter how well Raylor has supposedly done.

Raylor has been looking more of a defender than Simpson the last couple of games it has to be said, but I'm not sure I'd drop our only natural right back.

That said I don't see Pardew having the balls to throw Santon in for a debut against Spurs, despite the fact I think he absolutely has to. :(

Never thought I'd say it, but I'd rather go with the lesser of two evils and keep Raylor in the side at the expense of Simpson for this one. Santon to make his debut at LB.

Frankly, Simpson has been abysmal defensively and going forward for the last 20-odd PL games. Too comfortable in the side, clearly.

Best was our best player today, for me.

Did you not see Krul and Saylor at the other end like not to mention Tiote who were all better than Best.

No they weren't. Saylor had his worst game of the season by a distance.

Never thought I'd say it, but I'd rather go with the lesser of two evils and keep Raylor in the side at the expense of Simpson for this one. Santon to make his debut at LB.

Frankly, Simpson has been abysmal defensively and going forward for the last 20-odd PL games. Too comfortable in the side, clearly.

Think hes looked quite poor lately like, flaps like fuck when someone runs at him.

Think we should all wait to the internationals have been played and see who is fit to play before we start guessing at the team.  Hopefully we wont but we might pick up injuries.  Bit of a bonus we play on the Sunday as that at least gives Jonas more recovery time from his 2 games and flight back from South America.