Newcastle United 2 - 2 Tottenham - 16/10/11 - Post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

Guest VaVaVoom

Ben Arfa on for Best and Marveaux on for Jonas in the 2nd half and we can have these. We don't deserve to be a goal down, we've been the better side.

This.

They seem to press Raylor and unsettle us so i'd even consider Santon as well around 60mins.

Good effort first half. Obertan at times, of course, looking a bit casual and Cabaye doesn't seem like he's got his head screwed on straight.

The penalty was the biggest inevitability of the season as far as I'm concerned. It's Steven Taylor all over. He's had a good season, but he's a bull in a china shop. He'll drop clangers like that in non-threatening situations from time to time.

Not a great deal of penetration and small niggly things like offside (or fear of offside!) are nullifying us a little bit. Imagine Spurs will offer more of an attacking threat as the game gets stretched. Need to take our chances, and improve our concentration on and off the ball.

Ben Arfa on 65, if still 1-0.

Cabaye was more to blame that Taylor, they should never have gotten the ball

Aye, totally shit play by him. Done nowt this game.

Agree, expected much more from him. Tiote's been doing it all on his own in there so far. Even the set pieces have been poor.

Was shite in NT as well, brought it with him by the looks of it. Fingers crossed he snaps out of it.

Simpson needs hauling off, been sticking by him but with santon on the bench then poor performances, shit decisions need to be punished.

HBA on for best or Obertan as well.

Game is there for the taking, rather lose this 2-0 than not try and mix it up and address the issues with the same team after ht doing the same shit over and over.

Agree with the consensus that we need HBA and Marveaux on. We've built pressure but have never looked like unlocking Tottenham. Definitely a penalty and a needless one at that, Adebayor was going away from goal, Saylor should have just stayed strong and prevented him from getting goal side.

What a stupid challenge from Stevie...if he was going to make that tackle he defo should have done it outside the box!

Best looks even worse than Shola...he's so slow to react and doesn't seem to care too much! Makes me wonder how the hell he scores the goals? Plain luck it seems by being in a right place at the right time!

Positives - Tiote, Cabaye (what an engine we have)

Guest bimpy474

Ben Arfa on for Best and Marveaux on for Jonas in the 2nd half and we can have these. We don't deserve to be a goal down, we've been the better side.

This.

They seem to press Raylor and unsettle us so i'd even consider Santon as well around 60mins.

Really i thought our full backs have coped well so far.

Lots of play in Spurs' defensive third but that said, we've created not even a half chance. The bonus is at least we have options to change it round. Playing two strikers in this one, isn't working.

Don't know how in the world anyone could justify taking Jonas off before Obertan.  Jonas has been double or triple teamed and has still won free kicks and been reasonably effective; Obertan's had space and time and done nowt.  Marveaux for Obertan would do wonders.