Newcastle Utd vs Wigan Athletic pre-match thread (22/10/11 @ 3pm)

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Wigan are shocking at the back but not the worst going forward. I expect a few goals but i think we will out score them. 3:1 to us atleast

Reading their forum apparently they're shambolic at the back, lack physicality and creativity in midfield and can't score goals.  :lol:

Genuine mass suicide on the cards it seems, so if we lose I'll be mortified.

They've got about 3 fans, if they all top themselves it's still not mass suicide.

Wigan are shocking at the back but not the worst going forward. I expect a few goals but i think we will out score them. 3:1 to us atleast

Reading their forum apparently they're shambolic at the back, lack physicality and creativity in midfield and can't score goals.  :lol:

Genuine mass suicide on the cards it seems, so if we lose I'll be mortified.

They've got about 3 fans, if they all top themselves it's still not mass suicide.

shame really as the wigan fans i've met have been very grounded, no malice and a good laugh.

I'm not a big Simpson hater/Santon at RB guy but I think benching Simpson for this might send him the right kind of message to buck up his ideas.

Bringing Santon on for him yesterday was probably a message in itself. Simpson being subbed off was probably telling him that "your place isn't that safe."

No real need for mass changes as tempting as it may be

------------------Krul

Simo-----Tayls--------Colo-------RTay

HBA------Cab---------Tiote-------Jonas

-----------Best----------Ba

SUBS - Harps, Santon, Marv, Shola, Gosling, Obertan, Loven

No real need for mass changes as tempting as it may be

------------------Krul

Simo-----Tayls--------Colo-------RTay

HBA------Cab---------Tiote-------Jonas

-----------Best----------Ba

SUBS - Harps, Santon, Marv, Shola, Gosling, Obertan, Loven

yeah that would be my team, with perhaps Sammy or Vukcic on the bench instead of Lovenkrands.

That's what I expect. I also expect Santon to start on the bench, so there you have it. :troll:

Seriously though, still with an unchanged team (what a massive cliché), we should beat them quite comfortably.

If that's the case, it's a shame because this is the PERFECT game to deploy Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Santon in the team for the full 90 minutes.

Guest Haris Vuckic

We need to keep our heads up, stick to a game plan, work hard and concentrate. That's how we've got points this season so we can't be too casual even if it's Wigan and they're wank.

Guest ykmkmdd

Expectations are so high this is precisely the game we would typically lose in the past, so should be a very good barometer of the actual progress we've made.

Encouraged that we beat Blackburn and Fulham but both games were a bit closer than I would have liked, would be happy with any kind of victory here.

R. Taylor have done a decent job as LB....but its about time we put santon in there....if taylor cant be dropped then let him play RB with simpson on the bench. think playing santon on the left and raylor on the right will give us so much more attacking. Raylors crosses will be a huge upgrade on simpsons.

Not sure about obertan....should he start ahead of marveaux???

I think i will start the match with best / Ba on top....see if it works out and then put arfa on if needed.

keep shola hungry on the bench

Now im not being over confident or getting carried away, im still in the 'top 10 finish will be a decent season' camp. But this is a game I simply cannot see us not winning.

Wigan are fucking awful. They were shocking last season and somehow managed to stay up. The reason why they did had now left too. Fully expecting a blackburn typre performance.

3-0.