Newcastle Utd vs Wigan Athletic pre-match thread (22/10/11 @ 3pm)

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

I assume Smith is there in the event that we're a goal up with 5 minutes to go and under pressure, and we need his experience in front of the back four.

I'm not saying it's right. I just think that's the explanation.

The Ben Arfa fans are a bit special like. I'll never get people who support players and follow them team to team rather than supporting clubs.

Got nothing against people who want to follow a player's career. But Christ. This one has to be on the wind up. :lol:

Disappointing that we're still not getting any of the new guys in, but you can't really argue considering our record so far.

I assume Smith is there in the event that we're a goal up with 5 minutes to go and under pressure, and we need his experience in front of the back four.

:mackems:

Get him to see a game to remember what its like before he starts against Blackburn.

Guest benarfaNUFC

I hate the Ben Arfa fanboys. They care more about Ben Arfa than the results of NUFC. If we were 20th but Ben Arfa played every match and did a couple of tricks for the French highlights they would be loving it.

:lol: enough to make you shake with rage.

You are stupid this team is incapable to stay in top 10 with best obertan

I suspect they are starting in the Carling Cup. Pardew brought them along today to keep them sweet.

I hate the Ben Arfa fanboys. They care more about Ben Arfa than the results of NUFC. If we were 20th but Ben Arfa played every match and did a couple of tricks for the French highlights they would be loving it.

It's getting really irritating with their 'Ben Arfa is too good for your club' mentality. Support the team or fuck off.

Good to see Colo fit after that murmur. No Shola for Best is a plus too. Just hope HBA and Marv start in the CC.

Where did the murmur even come from btw? I didn't know there were any fitness fears over Colo until the team news on SSN yesterday said that he was due to be fit.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

At the end of the day, I don't think Ben Arfa has done quite enough to shove Best or Ba out of the team yet, so no complaints there. Santon we've hardly seen, so to expect him to start is a bit premature for me, Simpson and Ryan Taylor haven't been catastrophic so why should they be dumped on their arse? The only one for me would be Marveaux coming in for Obertan, Marv has looked class in the two league cup games and has offered more in those games than Obertan has thus far. Overall, we should have enough to dick Wigan, but no need to stress over using the same unbeaten side really.

Obertan is a joke  he is bad

Ben Arfa's pretty bad.

benarfaNUFC is obviously taking the paranoia to new levels, but Ben Arfa should really start a game like this. Best was droppable for this one. He's played decent these last games - nothing more nothing less. I also think I read somewhere that Ben Arfa was knocking at Pardew's door. Irritates me a bit how Pardew is so afraid to change it up just a bit.

Please. I'm begging you please. Keep this shit to the Ben Arfa thread at least. I've already been scared off from that thread.

le wat

It's getting really irritating with their 'Ben Arfa is too good for your club' mentality. Support the team or f*** off.

Exactly, i love the guy but honestly i'm starting to do so less because of them, they can fuck off honestly.

Oh do fuck off.

benarfaNUFC is obviously taking the paranoia to new levels, but Ben Arfa should really start a game like this. Best was droppable for this one. He's played decent these last games - nothing more nothing less. I also think I read somewhere that Ben Arfa was knocking at Pardew's door. Irritates me a bit how Pardew is so afraid to change it up just a bit.

:thup:

Guest Haris Vuckic

le wat

le lol

It's getting really irritating with their 'Ben Arfa is too good for your club' mentality. Support the team or f*** off.

Exactly, i love the guy but honestly i'm starting to do so less because of them, they can f*** off honestly.

I mean I do agree he should be playing but the over the top hysteria and then lashing out at our club because the only reason they're even here isn't playing has to stop.

Pardews been saying hes been class in training, he'll know better than anyone. If he doesnt feel hes ready yet, hes not ready yet.

Hes not going to say hes an incredibly special player and then think of him as a sub constantly. Hes just biding his time for whatever reason. PARDEW FAITH !

Pardews been saying hes been class in training, he'll know better than anyone. If he doesnt feel hes ready yet, hes not ready yet.

Hes not going to say hes an incredibly special player and then think of him as a sub constantly. Hes just biding his time for whatever reason. PARDEW FAITH !

Pardew stupid. Won't win without ben arfa. He quit January when Newcastle relegated.

Exactly, i love the guy but honestly i'm starting to do so less because of them, they can f*** off honestly.

I mean I do agree he should be playing but the over the top hysteria and then lashing out at our club because the only reason they're even here isn't playing has to stop.

It is like 5 rabid mini-GHoeberXs.