Newcastle United 1 - 0 Wigan - 22/10/11 - Post-match reaction from page 28

Beren

63 - 37 possession, and we've been that shit? :lol:

We haven't really done much with the ball - some pretty passing, but not very incisive so far.

Doesn't seem like a game suited to having two physical strikers so I'd imagine Ben Arfa will be on very soon for Best.

Really poor first half. As usual, we come out of the blocks as fast as Matty Pattison.

Cabaye and Obertan have been anonymous. Raylor has been a liability and Martinez has clearly just told his players to target him. This has meant Jonas has had to drop back way too far and pick up possession with his back to goal.

Wigan time-wasting from the off, too.

Frustrating as f***. Was that Pardew's attempt to bring back the crowds to SJP... ???

Aye, They are certainly giving all their best stuff down our left... Get Santon on???

The extra man they have in the middle needs to be countered, need benarfa on. Also they have two yellows, he could certainly draw another one...

Now is the time for Pardew to admit his continuous mistake of not changing the team, by unleashing the three players who will turn this game. Just fucking do it, and don't wait for the 74th minute.

Perch, Smith and Ameobi?

Guest Dontooner

Need Another midfielder to receive the ball, most of our attacks come via the flanks...

We need some penetration in the middle of the park.

HBA for Best at half time and if its still level by 70 minutes Santon for Simpson and  maybe Marveaux for Obertan.

This lineup Pardew likes so much is basically entirely reliant on Jonas either creating a chance or winning a free kick.

I wouldn't say entirely reliant, but yeah, he's by far our most reliable threat at the moment.

This lineup Pardew likes so much is basically entirely reliant on Jonas either creating a chance or winning a free kick.

:snod:

The balance is bad, man. I know I'm swept up in the heat of the moment at present, but Obertan can get to fuck (I will retract this later :lol:). He takes about five minutes to get up off the ground. He'll never come to meet the ball, he'll always try to roll his man and we subsequently lose possession.

I wouldn'tchange Best tbh, he is better at holding the ball up for our midfielders to then latch on to. Would probably fit better with Arfa, also think Marveaux needs to come on for obertan, he hasn't puuled up any small flowers/weeds (ahem!).