Man City vs Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - 3pm

MW

I normally stay clear of betting on us altogether, will occasionally bet on us to win though. Never against us.

Bet against us every week, even stick a bet on a draw as well if I think that'd be a bad result.

If the fates hand us a crappy result then some beer money should help soften the blow, but mainly I just stick on as much as I feel comfortable with losing because it'll guarentee us a win in my mind.

Lost a metric ton load this season. Delighted. :indi:

Really excited for this, even though the media will be unbearable once we lose this. Its nearly 7 months unbeaten (14 league games), fewest goals conceded and we were 2nd for a couple of hours. It was a wonderful run. And tbh I think it'll only be a 2-0 defeat.

Guest guinness_fiend

Really excited for this, even though the media will be unbearable once we lose this. Its nearly 7 months unbeaten (14 league games), fewest goals conceded and we were 2nd for a couple of hours. It was a wonderful run. And tbh I think it'll only be a 2-0 defeat.

IF we lose.  We have one of the best (if not the best) defensive record across all of the leagues at the moment.  Even if we don't score, we have proven this season that we are not easy to break down.  If Pardew plays a 4-5-1 / 5-4-1 formation (in basic terms), we could very well park a black and white bus in front of City.

Stranger things have happened this season.

Saying that, I'll be caking myself every time I hear the words, "City are on the break..." :lol:

I normally stay clear of betting on us altogether, will occasionally bet on us to win though. Never against us.

Bet against us every week, even stick a bet on a draw as well if I think that'd be a bad result.

If the fates hand us a crappy result then some beer money should help soften the blow, but mainly I just stick on as much as I feel comfortable with losing because it'll guarentee us a win in my mind.

Lost a metric ton load this season. Delighted. :indi:

Do the same thing mate! I call it emotional hedging

I have a feeling Shola might start ahead of Ben Arfa. Pardew might think we won't be able to get enough of the ball to outplay City so he could use Shola to hit it long in place of Best.

Doubt that. Think Pardew genuinly thinks we can get something from the game if we try to play it our way as we would normally do against any other side.