Man City vs Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - 3pm

MW

Wouldn't start Sammy in a million years.

Sammy over HBA tomorrow would be as bad as when Souness played N'Zogbia ahead of Robert in Lisbon.

:thup: I like Sammy and he has the potential but he is so raw it's untrue. He'd suffer against whoever tomorrow, especially going towards our goal.

He was very very ropey defensively against Everton

We have no right to win this given the players Man City have at their disposal. So the pressure is all on them to deliver and live up to expectations. Whatever the result it will be exciting to find out, I just pray Krul and the back four have a blinder and there is a moment of magic from midfield or attack that gets us a freak win. I'd love to see what Lawro would have to say about us winning! or even getting a draw!

:lol:

Wouldn't start Sammy in a million years.

Sammy over HBA tomorrow would be as bad as when Souness played N'Zogbia ahead of Robert in Lisbon.

:thup: I like Sammy and he has the potential but he is so raw it's untrue. He'd suffer against whoever tomorrow, especially going towards our goal.

He was very very ropey defensively against Everton

Aye, not that it's a worry. We should be firstly harnessing and honing his attacking ability but he is very naive in defence if he is to come on in a 4-4-2

Going to come down to HBA, Shola, Gosling an Sammy you'd think depending on how Pardew wants to play it. Shame Gosling has pretty shit so far IMO otherwise we could see him fill in down the right, may happen anyway like.

FWIW I think Ben Arfa would have a blinder tomorrow if he started. I get the impression tomorrow he'd have a point to prove and a match to win. Which i know sounds a bit obvious...

I disagree. I think he'd try and have a blinder for himself but at the expense of the team which doesn't help us.

If Sammy starts in a 4-5-1/4-3-3 with ba up front alone and a central 3 of Cabaye, Guthrie and Gosling i think he'll do more for the team than HBA who is more of an individual talent.

Krul

Simpson Taylor Coloccini Taylor

Ben Arfa Guthrie Cabaye Gutierrez

Shola Ba

That but with Gosling on the right IMO. Ben Arfa fans to go menthol.

I'd go for that normally as I'm fairly conservative but Gosling, to me, has looked anything but reliable in his appearances for us. Prefer to get beat, which we probably will anyway, giving it a go.

Krul

Simpson Taylor Coloccini Taylor

Ben Arfa Guthrie Cabaye Gutierrez

Shola Ba

That but with Gosling on the right IMO. Ben Arfa fans to go menthol.

:undecided:

The lad does need games, granted, but is the City game the right one to go with Gosling? I suppose he would track back more than Ben Arfa but then again Ben Arfa would give us more options in attack and we might as well go for it against City. The pressure is more on them imo.

Last thing i'd do is play Ben Arfa off Ba.

Why?

Because both of them are withdrawn strikers, and one of the best things about our play in the last handful of games has been Ba assisting the midfield. We won't get that if Ba has to hold the line.

Why?

Because both of them are withdrawn strikers, and one of the best things about our play in the last handful of games has been Ba assisting the midfield. We won't get that if Ba has to hold the line.

Ben Arfa can assist the midfield, Ba can hold the ball up.

Why?

Not seen a great deal to suggest that Ba can hold the ball up that well. Certainly not as well as he drops deep.

Why?

Not seen a great deal to suggest that Ba can hold the ball up that well. Certainly not as well as he drops deep.

Eh? He's done it loads this season.

Why?

Eh? He's done it loads this season.

Besides, by all accounts Ba and HBA didn't link up against a vastly inferior team to City.