St James' Park

Dave

Guest Randy Savage

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7167/6668242043_2508f14467_z.jpg

Already peeling of HIS shirt.. great  :lol:

Looks like one of those yank bible belt preachers.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

That Vuckic in the background.

Yes it is. That photo was taken at Northern Rock (now Virgin Money) head office in Gosforth today. Shola, Sammy, Harper, Vuckic, Best, Steven Taylor and Remie Streete were all there. Steven Taylor still has an air cast on and is still using crutches.

It wasn't Remi Streete it was Tavernier

That Vuckic in the background.

Yes it is. That photo was taken at Northern Rock (now Virgin Money) head office in Gosforth today. Shola, Sammy, Harper, Vuckic, Best, Steven Taylor and Remie Streete were all there. Steven Taylor still has an air cast on and is still using crutches.

It wasn't Remi Streete it was Tavernier

I wasn't sure who it was. I didn't recognise him and didn't realise Tavernier was back from loan. The only reason I thought it might have been Streete was because he was in last weeks training photos. During a photo op, Tavernier was getting his shoulders massaged by one of the women Branson brought on stage. Tavernier didn't look very comfortable!

Guest johnson293

Didn't Branson own a Formula 1 team a couple of years ago?, if so he does'nt mind buying a sports club, and this might be more possible then we think.

Think Virgin have sponsored but not owned F1 teams, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest neesy111

Didn't Branson own a Formula 1 team a couple of years ago?, if so he does'nt mind buying a sports club, and this might be more possible then we think.

Think Virgin have sponsored but not owned F1 teams, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct.  He's pulled out as they were shit and beaten by Hispania amazingly who couldn't even get a car to testing for last 2 seasons.

Correct.  He's pulled out as they were s*** and beaten by Hispania amazingly who couldn't even get a car to testing for last 2 seasons.

Like most of the companies Branson/Virgin Group get involved with, they owned the F1 team for 2 years and then sold it. Marussia bought it but Virgin are still involved, probably just through sponsorship. The Virgin F1 team was run on a very small budget and finished rock bottom of the constructors championship both years and never won a single point. A lot of the companies called Virgin pay to use the Virgin brand. They aren't owned by Richard Branson. Even Virgin Money pay to use the Virgin brand name.

Branson will have no interest whatsoever in owning NUFC. Would you really want someone to own a club who didn't know the difference between a football "Nil" and a tennis "Love".?

Branson is all about the image. Fans shouting "Spend some money you beardy bastard" is not the sort of situation he'd put himself in.

• 8 months later...

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Virgin Money's sponsorship of #nufc will end early, now ends end of season.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

#nufc have "found a different option"

Simon Bird ‏@simonbirdmirror

#nufc ending shirt deal with virgin money. New shirt sponsor imminent, we can presume.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

#nufc say: "An exciting new sponsorship deal in the coming weeks "

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Virgin say: "However, they have found a different option and we have to respect that." #nufc

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Virgin say: "We hoped that this would be a relationship that would flourish for years to come." #nufc

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

#nufc Virgin say:“We remain sponsor until the end of the current season and the Virgin Money."

Guest bimpy474

strange

Not really.  Clearly we have found a new shirt sponsor which has much bigger commercial value.

Or not. Hope you're right though, could be connected to the naming rights also ?

Guest neesy111

strange

Not really.  Clearly we have found a new shirt sponsor which has much bigger commercial value.

Or not. Hope you're right though, could be connected to the naming rights also ?

Eh, why would we tear up a £10m a season sponsor deal otherwise???

If Ashley really wanted sports direct on the shirts he'd done it by now.  He had the chance to in the championship on the back and didn't.