St James' Park

Dave

Like many on here are saying, they wouldn't cancel a deal which they are getting money from, just to put sports direct on the shirt (which they could have done after Northern Rock), which they are going to get nothing from. It's likely that someone has came in for they stadium and kit sponsorship, and if they are offering more money, its a good thing.

Ashley knows we all hate the SD shite, so why would he put it on the shirts? Not only would he lose sponsorship money, but shirt sales would plummet massively. Still wouldn't surprise me mind.

Ashley knows we all hate the SD shite, so why would he put it on the shirts? Not only would he lose sponsorship money, but shirt sales would plummet massively. Still wouldn't surprise me mind.

Club only make a negligible amount from shirt sales anyway I remember them saying a while back.

It will be sports direct wont it?

:scared:

Think for two seconds before posting will you.  Ashley wants to bring in the most money possible, that isn't going to happen with Sports Direct.  Plus if he wanted Sports Direct sponsorship we'd already have had a deal for stadium and kit a long time ago.

He knows we hate it, so why put it on the stadium, on the season tickets, on the roof, in the tunnel around the 'Howay the Lads' sign...

May well be something else, but people must have learned there lesson from all the other times we've said "Ashley wouldn't be that stupid."

They might also had to have paid some sort of penalty for breaking the sponsorship early.

Nah, there was a clause written into the deal that allowed either party to end the deal at the end of this season.

Fair enough.

He knows we hate it, so why put it on the stadium, on the season tickets, on the roof, in the tunnel around the 'Howay the Lads' sign...

May well be something else, but people must have learned there lesson from all the other times we've said "Ashley wouldn't be that stupid."

Because we haven't gotten a good enough offer for the stadium rights yet.. what else would you suggest he puts there as a place holder for the future naming rights? "You're ad here"?

We already have a sponsor for the shirts, the only way that's changing is if we find a better deal, it'll be interesting to see what it is, but please get the whole Sports Direct conspiracy out of your heads.

Because we haven't gotten a good enough offer for the stadium rights yet.. what else would you suggest he puts there as a place holder for the future naming rights? "You're ad here"?

You're (lol) right, that'd be worse.

Think for two seconds before posting will you.  Ashley wants to bring in the most money possible, that isn't going to happen with Sports Direct.  Plus if he wanted Sports Direct sponsorship we'd already have had a deal for stadium and kit a long time ago.

When were you last in the Sport's Direct Arena? There's been some changes...

When were you last in the Sport's Direct Arena? There's been some changes...

Is there now a contract on the wall detailing our Sports Direct stadium and kit sponsorship deal, because otherwise its not a change that alters my point.

We can't do anything realistic about the other stuff though because people won't stop going to games over some sponsors here and there. Owning a replica kit though isn't really that important and people would probably boycott it with SD shite on the front. I'd love to see loads of fans getting the retro kits if we ended up with SD on the shirt.

"... as a placeholder until we find a suitable option".

You have a place holder until you find a deal, but you don't cancel a deal for a place holder.

You're (lol) right, that'd be worse.

Sorry I was to busy being right to make sure everything was spelled correctly :D

Ashley knows we all hate the SD s****, so why would he put it on the shirts? Not only would he lose sponsorship money, but shirt sales would plummet massively. Still wouldn't surprise me mind.

You must be the only man on the planet that believes the "showcase" bollocks. I've got some lovely magic beans i'd like to sell you.

I suppose you were also one of the people who thought Ashley would put us into administration to "get back at the fans".  There is no conspiracy you loon.  Or can you give me a genuine reason to believe otherwise?