St James' Park

Dave

At the risk of derailing the topic further, if a player had extremely strong beliefs against companies like Wonga but was a flag waving athiest could they get away with wearing a Wonga free shirt? And if not why not?

At the risk of derailing the topic further, if a player had extremely strong beliefs against companies like Wonga but was a flag waving athiest could they get away with wearing a Wonga free shirt? And if not why not?

I think they would just run around for 90 minutes with their hands covering the logo.

Nope, and because we rather stupidly give far too much respect to religions.

Nope, and because we rather stupidly give far too much respect to religions.

Well said. We look the other way at extremism and say it ISN'T the religion, when it damn well IS - and almost put the thoughts into the minds that whatever they do, it's "understandable"

Same applies here. People with NOTHING to do with football are - quite literally - telling certain players to "rebel"

In all honesty, what annoys me more than what Lee Ryder says and writes is what he doesn't say and write.

Him and the Chronicle are still far too cosy with the club. There should be far more searching questions about the failed transfer window, poor start to the season and chronic under performances.

I've regularly flicked through the Manchester Evening News over the last few years and noted there are far more willing to criticise when it feels it necessary. It irritates me how the paper still kow-tows to the club.

In all honesty, what annoys me more than what Lee Ryder says and writes is what he doesn't say and write.

Him and the Chronicle are still far too cosy with the club. There should be far more searching questions about the failed transfer window, poor start to the season and chronic under performances.

I've regularly flicked through the Manchester Evening News over the last few years and noted there are far more willing to criticise when it feels it necessary. It irritates me how the paper still kow-tows to the club.

the Chronicle is a shit paper, especially compared to the MEN, thats the top and bottom of it.  What's on the front pages is just as shoddy as whats on the back.

The Chronicle is completely at the mercy of the club, they literally can't afford to fall out with them.

Loan danger: Fury as Newcastle prepare to sign "financial predators" as sponsors

by Which one of you is Simon Bird?

Local MP Ian Lavery has pledged to send his season tickets back if, as expected, the sponsorship deal goes through imminently.

Lavery, Labour MP for Wansbeck, has vowed to return his two platinum club tickets and break off all ties with the club.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastles-wonga-shirt-sponsors-spark-1367970

labour MP with a pair of platinum tickets. 

what a c*** he sounds, complaining about this deal.

aye, spending his wage on something he likes, what a c*** :lol:

Ian Lavery's a total joker:

How does Wonga even work so fast anyway, is there no clearing time for the bank transfer? It's usually something like 3 working days isn't it? I was reading earlier that apparently Wonga do it in like 6 minutes :lol: