Newcastle United vs Chelsea - Saturday December 3rd @ 12.45pm

Kaizero

Guest icemanblue

Precisely. We were unbeaten in the league up until Man City, with no reason at all to change our back four. That's why he hasn't played.

Just think we should have seen more than 1 sub appearance from him if he indeed is a superior player to those he is currently behind. Does make you wonder whether he is impressing in training.

Hopefully I'm just being a fear-mongering little creep, like  :whatdidido:

I think we're just introdcuing him gradually, firstly because he's a young foreign player and secondly because the team has done so well without him.

That's the way I see it too. I've said it in the last week or so, as it stands, I can see Santon coming off the bench for one of Simpson/Raylor if either one of them are having a particular rough time on the pitch.

I think we're just introdcuing him gradually, firstly because he's a young foreign player and secondly because the team has done so well without him.

That's the way I see it too. I've said it in the last week or so, as it stands, I can see Santon coming off the bench for one of Simpson/Raylor if either one of them are having a particular rough time on the pitch.

And that's great and a good way to do it, until you get an injury or suspension then you have to take a punt on the player you signed, show faith in him and throw him in at the deep end.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Can't see Pardew doing that, myself. Think he'd be worried about the loss in confidence of the substituted player. (Unless it's Cacapa esque).

Can't see Pardew doing that, myself. Think he'd be worried about the loss in confidence of the substituted player. (Unless it's Cacapa esque).

Well he did it with Simpson against Spurs so he could do it again.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Mainly because of the threat of Bale against tired legs or something? Simpson had done okay iirc.

Mainly because of the threat of Bale against tired legs or something? Simpson had done okay iirc.

Bringing Santon on was more of a message to Simpson I thought. Danny was a bit meh that day imo.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Possibly, although I did buy Pardew's reasoning purely because of how I think he deals with players.

Hope so anyway, seems a very talented lad :thup:

You don't substitute defenders out when the scorelines are tight, as they have been in the vast majority of our games this season, whether we're winning or not. And you don't change the tightest defence in the league to accommodate a new signing.

That's why Santon hasn't played up until now. However, i would start him against Chelsea, because Raylor's been really poor two games on the trot now.

Chelsea really have a tough week. Surely, they'll give priority to the Liverpool and Valencia matches.

Any thoughts about their lineup against us? Might we see Torres or Anelka? Alex?

More to point RE: Simpson and Taylor, might they rest Malouda or Mata?

You don't substitute defenders out when the scorelines are tight, as they have been in the vast majority of our games this season, whether we're winning or not. And you don't change the tightest defence in the league to accommodate a new signing.

That's why Santon hasn't played up until now. However, i would start him against Chelsea, because Raylor's been really poor two games on the trot now.

I agree that it all depends on how the game's going but say if Simpson or Raylor are having absolute nightmares and what I mean is them being consistently raped all game, Santon could come on and calm the right/left side down.

Another thing that could work in our favour on Saturday is Cech being a bit meh these days. Still a decent keeper mind but he makes more mistakes now than he did a few seasons ago. We could very well exploit it.

So Chelsea play at home to Lpool tonight, have us on Sat and then have a must win match at home to Valencia on Tuesday.

You'd like to think that seeing as they cant win the league we wont be their priority, but then again their reserve players coming in arent bad either! Would people prefer them to win or lost tonight? Personally i want them to win on penalties as i fucking hate the scousers but 120mins+ should tire them out.