Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bored shitless.

Aye. I understand the arguments about Spain playing "beautiful football" and all that but it's boring as f*** for the majority.

What exactly do you want them to do?

Play with a purpose, have a shot, be less boring.

They are winning. If the other team wants the ball it should take it. Why give it to them for free with silly, wasteful shots and hollywood pass.

:thup: Exactly. If they have the ball the other team aren't going to score. They know they're good at keeping it, so why not do so

Precisely. "Boring", well, that's an opinion and each to their own and all that. But "play with a purpose"? Err, they're winning and look in no danger of not doing so. That's a decent purpose.

The 2008 and 2010 trophy winning squads; I'd say they were pretty purposeful with a similar style of play.

Bored shitless.

Aye. I understand the arguments about Spain playing "beautiful football" and all that but it's boring as f*** for the majority.

They are winning. If the other team wants the ball it should take it. Why give it to them for free with silly, wasteful shots and hollywood pass.

:thup: Exactly. If they have the ball the other team aren't going to score. They know they're good at keeping it, so why not do so

Precisely. "Boring", well, that's an opinion and each to their own and all that. But "play with a purpose"? Err, they're winning and look in no danger of not doing so. That's a decent purpose.

The 2008 and 2010 trophy winning squads; I'd say they were pretty purposeful with a similar style of play.

2008 made it seem interesting, 2010 made it boring

I think its more than just being a bad game which is ridiculously one sided.

I think I am getting a bit sick of two games every night. Just losing interest in general really.

Good job its England again tomorrow.

Bit confused by this. It's been a very good tournament and pretty much everyone has said that. Entertaining games, plenty of goals, what's not to like?

I think I am getting a bit sick of two games every night. Just losing interest in general really.

Why is your lass on the computer?

Really? I'm dreading the end of the group stage, love two a night, even better in the World Cup when it's three a day.

:lol: Aye exactly.

It's still interesting to watch Spain dominate as far as I'm concerned, but yeah, it's not quite as enjoyable as a nice end-to-end slugfest.

and tbh, I'm sure you'll see 1 or 2 more in the second half, cos if it stays 1-0 for long, Ireland will have a good chance of the sucker punch.

Bored shitless.

Nobody is denying what they do is effective. It's just hard to watch 1 team make 800+ passes a game.

Bored shitless.

Again, fair enough, but like Spain care if a few people think it's boring. They've developed a brilliant passing game which makes it very difficult to beat them. I think it's class what they've done tbh.

The 2010 team were the dullest World Cup winners ever

They were more entertaining under Aragones. Shame he was a racist.

No need for them to play both Busquets and Alonso in a game like this, however I haven't been too bored by this game.

Bored shitless.

Not sure I agree with that. It's not a technical criticism, it's more about the spirit of the game IMO. It's like a game of basketball (in a hypothetical world without a shot-clock violation) with five nine-foot players on one team - scoring first, winning possession, then passing it above their own height for the rest of the game. :lol:

[/man, that was a shit analogy :sad:]

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ireland are going to score the worst goal ever seen (not that the Irish will care).  :lol:

Mostly too drunk to even see at this point tbh :laugh:

:lol:

THAT LASS!  :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Theres absolutely no chance Spain dont over pass it.  :lol:

Say what you want about them keeping possession. Its when theyre 5 yards from goal with a free shot and doing 1 yard passes, trying to go past another 3 men, before passing it back to a lad outside the area who then tries to refind them back where they just were.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bored shitless.

Again, fair enough, but like Spain care if a few people think it's boring. They've developed a brilliant passing game which makes it very difficult to beat them. I think it's class what they've done tbh.

it was class when they ripped sides apart and scored loads of goals, now its just a defensive tactic, technically impressive better than fat sams kind of thing but dull to watch, they have enough quality in that side to rip anyone in this tournament apart if they just try