Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My will for Russia and Greece to qualify is difficult to cheer for. Especially as I don't know what need to happen to achieve that. I know it's a draw in Poland game, but do Greece need to win by x goals? Or is the Russia bumming of Czech adequate?

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport

Poland need a win to reach the quarter-finals. A win by any margin will be enough and anything less than a win will see the hosts eliminated

Greece need a win to qualify. If Greece win, they will finish level with Russia and their superior head-to-head record will see them through

Russia are guaranteed to reach the quarter-finals with a win or a draw against Greece tonight.

Should make the 2nd half a bit more exciting. Russia will be desperate to score. Maybe they could take that donkey off that they oddly insist on playing.

NO! I'm keeping faith in him, that £1 is going to come back to me with a few more friends  :smug:

EDIT: ar ffs

My will for Russia and Greece to qualify is difficult to cheer for. Especially as I don't know what need to happen to achieve that. I know it's a draw in Poland game, but do Greece need to win by x goals? Or is the Russia bumming of Czech adequate?

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport

Poland need a win to reach the quarter-finals. A win by any margin will be enough and anything less than a win will see the hosts eliminated

Greece need a win to qualify. If Greece win, they will finish level with Russia and their superior head-to-head record will see them through

Russia are guaranteed to reach the quarter-finals with a win or a draw against Greece tonight.

But if Greece win & Czech draw, then Russia, Czech and Greece are on same points, and therefore it goes to a 3-way head-to-head thing, in which case Russia beat Czech, who beat Greece, who beat Russia. Therefore goal difference gets involved. No?

Genuinely thinking about going to France 2016 like. I've got the Atlas out looking at the grounds and potential places to stay :lol:

Reckon I'll make a genuine effort to go to this too. Just pick a city (or two) and go and watch whoever is playing there.

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport

But if Greece win & Czech draw, then Russia, Czech and Greece are on same points, and therefore it goes to a 3-way head-to-head thing, in which case Russia beat Czech, who beat Greece, who beat Russia. Therefore goal difference gets involved. No?

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport

Czech Republic can make certain of the quarter-finals with a win. A draw combined with a win by Greece over Russia would put the Czechs out

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport

Czech Republic can make certain of the quarter-finals with a win. A draw combined with a win by Greece over Russia would put the Czechs out

Aye.

Tie-breaking criteria

Higher number of points obtained in the matches played between the teams in question;

- 3 each

Superior goal difference resulting from the matches played between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal on points);

- Russia beat Czech 4-1 and Czech beat Greece 2-1. So if Greece win 1-0 vs Russia, their GD is 0, Czech is -2 and Russia is +2, so Czech are fucked. But then do Russia finish ahead of Greece or is that a 2 way tie pick thing?