Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any reason or just looking to add freshness?

Well, it's all about mobility. So, Podolski, who has a great shot gets subbed for Schürrle, who has a better dribbling ability and can create something more out of nothing than Podolski ever could.

Same goes for Reus, who's quicker than Müller and far, far better on the ball when 1-on-1 with the defender. Also, Müller is a player who needs space for himself and often finds that space - against the Greeks he'll have problem finding any space with 10 or 11 men behind the ball.

Klose is also tipped to play because of his mobilty. My thoughts on that is a bit different, though. I've always said that Klose is one of Jogi's favourite players - instead of Gomez. So, imo, Löw has been waiting for the first real opportunity to change that back to Klose - after Gomez failed to score against Denmark, the opportunity is there now.

Think Löw knows what he's doing personally, so if he really makes those changes it'll has its reasons.

Just a rumour? Well, German Sky Sport News got it from three sources and they've got the line-up right every time so far.

Guest Spark

Not much of a risk for me. Schürrle and Reus are improvements and there's not too much between Gomez and Klose.

It's hardly arrogance to change your squad around man, and it's not as though the replacements are sub standard.

Low isn't daft and he will do anything in his power to win the competition, no doubt about that, he isn't going to just piss about for the craic.

It's hardly arrogance to change your squad around man, and it's not as though the replacements are sub standard.

Low isn't daft and he will do anything in his power to win the competition, no doubt about that, he isn't going to just piss about for the craic.

Exactly. Today Hummels in the paper was quoted saying that Greece could easily win and that they (Germany) are not really that much better than England. He said something along the lines that Germany were lucky with the Lampard "goal" in 2010 and that the 4-1 was a bit lucky.

Low isn't daft and he will do anything in his power to win the competition, no doubt about that, he isn't going to just p*ss about for the craic.

Exactly. Today Hummels in the paper was quoted saying that Greece could easily win and that they (Germany) are not really that much better than England. He said something along the lines that Germany were lucky with the Lampard "goal" in 2010 and that the 4-1 was a bit lucky.

Patronizing c*nt.

They aint dropping Ozil as well are they ? because shit will really go down then :lol:

Nah, I'm pretty sure Ozil stays. I'd like to see Gotze in that role, but dropping that many offensive starters might be a bit excessive.

Reus and Schurrle should perform well in place of Podolski and Muller, neither of whom has been stellar in the tournament. Dropping Gomez is a questionable call, but we all know how well Klose plays for the national side.

They aint dropping Ozil as well are they ? because s*** will really go down then :lol:

Nah, I'm pretty sure Ozil stays. I'd like to see Gotze in that role, but this is hardly the time to experiment at such a crucial position.

Reus and Schurrle should perform well in place of Podolski and Muller, neither of whom has been stellar in the tournament. Dropping Gomez is a questionable call, but we all know how well Klose plays for the national side.

Good because i just made him captain :lol:

They aint dropping Ozil as well are they ? because s*** will really go down then :lol:

Nah, I'm pretty sure Ozil stays. I'd like to see Gotze in that role, but this is hardly the time to experiment at such a crucial position.

Good because i just made him captain :lol:

I foolishly picked Klose on my team as well, blindly expecting him to start over Gomez. Gotten me all of 3 points so far. This is where he earns his keep!

Guest bimpy474

Squad my arse, you play the best team you have, you do not rotate in the quater final of major competition like this. If you are qualifying and you are already there, then by all means but not now.

Its an arrogant and ridiculous thing to do, i hope Greece bum them.