Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

It hasn't been a bad tournament, but it has been a boring one for me. No one player has massively stood out, nor one side. I think many teams are quite even too and quite average as well. The biggest let down for me is Holland, with their players, they ought to have done better but near enough to a man, they just didn't turn up. International football is at an all-time low for me like, with the CL a far superior competition and club football in general of a much higher calibre. I've noticed over the years the better players struggle to shine and do their stuff whereas in the past, the better players would light up a tournament. USA 94 was the best international tournament I've seen and since then there has been a massive decline in quality.

I look at a lot of international players in this tournament, from the poor to the so-called greats and I see leg weary players, players who perhaps do not care as much as they should about their national side or competitions like this. Players who probably have one eye on a holiday after the Euros.

Ronaldo looks like he could be THAT player, although Holland made it piss easy for him in their last game you get the feeling he could almost win the tournament on his own if he stays in gear.

Holland were shit but Portugal will take some beating if they play like that for the remainder of the tournament. They were lightning fast on the break.

Many apologies if already discussed, but do ITV have the German v Greece game on, on Friday night. The listings would suggest not which seems bizarre.

are the qtrs fri sat sun mon?

Many apologies if already discussed, but do ITV have the German v Greece game on, on Friday night. The listings would suggest not which seems bizarre.

are the qtrs fri sat sun mon?

No, start tomorrow and end on Sun.

Guest Sophie S

Ah well, too late.

I took part in a betting game today, guessing how many goals there will be scored in total during the euros. Said 88. What would you guys have said?

Ah well, too late.

I took part in a betting game today, guessing how many goals there will be scored in total during the euros. Said 88. What would you guys have said?

How many has there been so far?

Guest Sophie S

Ah well, too late.

How many has there been so far?

I think somewhere about 60.

It'll probably close up a bit now due to better competition and a return to the more cautious "don't lose" style for most teams. I reckon maybe another 15 goals.

Guest Sophie S

That's just what I would've though (2 goals on average per remaining game), but then if you get one or two penalties in, that's going to big it up again.

Ah well, too late.

Magic Nazi number that.  :yikes: :lol: :lol:

That's just what I would've though (2 goals on average per remaining game), but then if you get one or two penalties in, that's going to big it up again.

:thup:

Think you may be pushing it with 28 more though :p

We've got a Euro prediction league going at work and I'm in the quarter finals of the knockout part of the competition.  I've just been sent the predictions of the guy who I'm up against and we've predicted exactly the same scoreline for every single match  ???

Czech Republic 0-2 Portugal

Germany 3-0 Greece

Spain 2-1 France

England 1-1 Italy

Not sure what the odds of that are.  Anyway, as it's definitely going to be a tie, and also a tie on tie breakers like closest to correct amount of total goals, it goes to the tie breaker of closest to total goals in the last round, which is me.  So I'm through to the semis before a ball has been kicked.  And about to put a quid on an accumulator.