Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Germany win all group games it can be a goal difference affair in that group with Denmark, Holland and Portugal picking up one win each.

Aye, also if the next two matches (Holland vs Germany and Portugal vs Denmark) both result in draws, that would mean Germany and Denmark will only need a point in their last match, which is against each other. Guess what will happen then..

If Germany win all group games it can be a goal difference affair in that group with Denmark, Holland and Portugal picking up one win each.

Aye, also if the next two matches (Holland vs Germany and Portugal vs Denmark) both result in draws, that would mean Germany and Denmark will only need a point in their last match, which is against each other. Guess what will happen then..

Germany, having beaten Holland already, can beat Denmark and be through on 6 points. Holland beat Portugal, then when they face Germany, Germany will already through and won't bother turning up (yeah, that sounds like them) so then Holland will beat them, come second in the group on goal difference and my bet will come off. I realise this is slightly scuppered by Germany and Holland being the next game, but don't worry, a Holland victory will get their tournament in gear, and Germany losing will mean they bounce back and win their next game.  :harry:

Germany, having beaten Holland already, can beat Denmark and be through on 6 points. Holland beat Portugal, then when they face Germany, Germany will already through and won't bother turning up (yeah, that sounds like them) so then Holland will beat them, come second in the group on goal difference and my bet will come off. I realise this is slightly scuppered by Germany and Holland being the next game, but don't worry, a Holland victory will get their tournament in gear, and Germany losing will mean they bounce back and win their next game.  :harry:

:lol:

:suicide:

Robben and Van Persie in particular had absolute shockers. The former was utterly predictable every time - cut inside, shoot, nowhere near. The latter for whatever reason looked totally bereft of confidence in front of goal. Sneijder on the other hand looked dangerous and far and away the best Dutch player.

I also think it would be incredibly naive for them to simply blame poor finishing and a couple of strong penalty appeals (which, fwiw, were penalties). Why the hell did they line up with both De Jong and Van Bommel? Countless times they were trying to attack and, predictably, no support whatsoever from them. They were making things very difficult for themselves in that respect.

While the stats would tell you total Dutch domination, I certainly didn't see a game where there were loads of close misses and fantastic saves. The Danish keeper in reality had very little to do. A lot of those shots were purely hopeful and without much purpose. Denmark were actually comfortable for decent periods in the game.

Robben's a fantastic player but when he's having one of those days (which he seems to have had loads of lately), there's nobody more frustrating to watch.

Llorente or Torres for Spain today?

Llorents for me like

According to some Spanish media, Negredo might be chose above both of them :lol: iam really starting to think Del Bosque might be Lippi 2.0 :lol:

Right pissed about this. I was adamant Llorente would get a shot, got him as Spain's top goalscorer and tournament goalscorer. :lol: Attempted to get the bets voided over 24 hours after placing them, they were having none of it, naturally. :lol:

Guest BooBoo

Kicking off between the Irish, Croatian and polish locals according to ssn.

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

*switches light on and off*

Robben and Van Persie in particular had absolute shockers. The former was utterly predictable every time - cut inside, shoot, nowhere near. The latter for whatever reason looked totally bereft of confidence in front of goal. Sneijder on the other hand looked dangerous and far and away the best Dutch player.

I also think it would be incredibly naive for them to simply blame poor finishing and a couple of strong penalty appeals (which, fwiw, were penalties). Why the hell did they line up with both De Jong and Van Bommel? Countless times they were trying to attack and, predictably, no support whatsoever from them. They were making things very difficult for themselves in that respect.

While the stats would tell you total Dutch domination, I certainly didn't see a game where there were loads of close misses and fantastic saves. The Danish keeper in reality had very little to do. A lot of those shots were purely hopeful and without much purpose. Denmark were actually comfortable for decent periods in the game.

Robben's a fantastic player but when he's having one of those days (which he seems to have had loads of lately), there's nobody more frustrating to watch.

This. There's a lot of debate in the Dutch press that he should be made to play the left side of the front 3 rather than the right, so he becomes less predictable and could actually put a cross in once in a while. Personally I would like to see the following front 6:

De Jong          Van Bommel

Sneijder

Persie  Huntelaar  Robben

with Van Persie, Sneijder and Robben frequently changing position during the match.

We need two defensive midfielders because our defense is so crap basically, but that front 4 should have enough about them to see off most opponents normally.

I'd have gone with Strootman over De Jong/Van Bommel, they provided little against a Danish side that was there for the taking. It took far too long for one of them to come off too, awful tactics.

Well yes, it was painful to see that even though we had two defensive midfielders we were still carved open relatively easily a few times by a fairly mediocre team. Doesn't bode well for the rest of the tournament.. :(

Anyone else think Italy are going to be absolutely gash in this tournament and not qualify?

I think they've already qualified.. ;)

But nah, I actually expect them to surprise a few people and go all the way. They usually do well when you least expect it.

I got bored of Italian football years ago, but who will be their main threats? Di Natale is quality but he's knocking on a bit now? Super Mario is a mental case, and I don't have faith in him at all to produce on the big stage.

I'd have gone with Strootman over De Jong/Van Bommel, they provided little against a Danish side that was there for the taking. It took far too long for one of them to come off too, awful tactics.

Well yes, it was painful to see that even though we had two defensive midfielders we were still carved open relatively easily a few times by a fairly mediocre team. Doesn't bode well for the rest of the tournament.. :(

This is the thing. For the goal, there should have been someone there covering - if not, what's the point in having 2 defensive midfielders? Admittedly, it was wank defending from Heitinga but he was exposed far too easily.

Netherlands were desperately crying out for a link between midfield and attack yesterday and it never came really. Sneijder did his best but he can't do it by himself, he got fuck all help. Combined with RVP being way off form, Robben being extremely selfish and frustratingly shit, Denmark couldn't believe their luck. They've probably played better than that in the past couple of years and lost.

I remember you thinking he was gash last year. I haven't been able to watch too much premiership football this season up until March so I just assumed he had carried on where he left off.

I'm seriously thinking the Croats are going to destory Ireland today. 4 or 5 if they get an early goal.