Dogawful Officiating: PL to keep VAR next season (official)

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

again - its not VAR.

its the dopy cunts in the control room.

fucking looking for anything to overturn an onfield decision.

and looking at millimetres to call an offside.

3 hours ago, huss9 said:

again - its not VAR.

its the dopy cunts in the control room.

fucking looking for anything to overturn an onfield decision.

and looking at millimetres to call an offside.

No, it's VAR mate 

On the basis that VAR is meant to resolve 'clear and obvious' errors, then I think :

No lines on offsides

All decisions only get 20 seconds to be reviewed and in real-time only

Completely open audio between the ref and the VAR that's routed through stadium PA

That'd fix the system pretty quickly imo.

1 minute ago, HawK said:

On the basis that VAR is meant to resolve 'clear and obvious' errors, then I think :

No lines on offsides

Completely open audio between the ref and the VAR that's routed through stadium PA

Agree

Makes sense

Why God why

VAR has corrected many clear and obvious errors in our favour and generally been a bit of an equaliser for us against some very corrupt referees. It's a good thing it is staying. 

1 hour ago, HawK said:

No lines on offsides

I don't think offsides are covered by the clear and obvious bit

25 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

I don't think offsides are covered by the clear and obvious bit

Not sure, don't see why it can't fit under the same umbrella for simplicity though. Under the current system I don't even see the point in linesmen tbh.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HawK said:

Not sure, don't see why it can't fit under the same umbrella for simplicity though. Under the current system I don't even see the point in linesmen tbh.

Corner vs goalkick, throw ins, and the more obvious offsides so that we don't need to wait for the chance to finish, and then for VAR to check it, on every single offside decision.

Edited by Erikse

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

Corner vs goalkick, throw ins, and the more obvious offsides so that we don't need to wait for the chance to finish, and then for VAR to check it, on every single offside decision.

Yeah of course, was referring to offside decisions

8 hours ago, HawK said:

Because it isn't subjective, you're either onside or offside (based on the current technology). Linesmen still have corners and throw-ins to decide.

30 minutes ago, Pata said:

Because it isn't subjective, you're either onside or offside (based on the current technology). Linesmen still have corners and throw-ins to decide.

Do you think it's good to wait sometimes 3 minutes or more while they draw lines to fit whatever narrative they're trying to paint depending on who's playing, or if it looks too close to call it offside on real time, let it stand ?

4 minutes ago, HawK said:

Do you think it's good to wait sometimes 3 minutes or more while they draw lines to fit whatever narrative they're trying to paint depending on who's playing, or if it looks too close to call it offside on real time, let it stand ?

Where would you draw the line on what is clear and obvious offside and what is not? And wouldn't that just be even worse for possible corruption that you're worried about? What if someone is 1cm over the clear and obvious threshold, still onside or offside?

All moot points with the new semi-automated technology though but I don't really understand the constant crying about the offside rule when it will always be tight, no matter where you draw the line. Someone will always be offside by the length of a toenail. 

36 minutes ago, Pata said:

Where would you draw the line on what is clear and obvious offside and what is not? And wouldn't that just be even worse for possible corruption that you're worried about? What if someone is 1cm over the clear and obvious threshold, still onside or offside?

What threshold ? How you can see 1cm in real time ?

3 hours ago, Pata said:

I'm not Hawk but if you need to spend 3 minutes OR have to squint to see which way it went, it ain't clear and obvious.

Good. I'm probably naive, but hopefully they improve on how to use it to avoid insane delays on decisions.

Too scarred by awful (and/or corrupt) decisions going against us on a regular basis before VAR. We still get the odd one, like the one this season I can't for the life of me remember, and Crystal Palace last season, but the frequency is a lot lower than it used to be. We also seem to get a lot more penalties we'd never in a million years get before. Net positive for us. 

56 minutes ago, McDog said:

I'm not Hawk but if you need to spend 3 minutes OR have to squint to see which way it went, it ain't clear and obvious.

Come on lads, it's Bryan Mbeumo and 'clear and obvious' isn't a thing on offsides.