Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Apparently there was some dodgy goings on with the Everton non-pel.

Everton 0-1 Brighton

Hang on, just on that Everton no-penalty...

In turns out there was a technical issue with the VAR screen so referee Simon Hooper wasn't able to see any replays. He overturned his decision on VAR's advice.

12 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Wait and see what Mosquera got away with on Havertz. Not even a yellow. 

comedy league :lol:

1 hour ago, Shak said:

Madness that's a red, there's no contact at all he just gets right in his face and the pathetic gimp just flings himself down.

You're basically rewarding cheating by giving a red there.

Pathetic.

Diaz’s initial challenge on Schar should’ve been a yellow. The dive should’ve been a second yellow.

These useless pricks need to stop encouraging players to go down by booking them when they do.  You cant really blame Diaz for doing what he did - the refs keep rewarding that sort of behaviour. Until they don’t, it’ll keep happening. 

Schar shouldn’t do what he did but at worst that’s a booking.

2 minutes ago, kocunar said:

EPL refs on fire yet again, yellow only to Jesus
ezgif-4-fafa7f0a2b.gif

Why would that be anything more than a yellow? :lol:

Just now, kocunar said:

I meant its crazy that the yellow went only to Jesus and not the ass grabber

Yeah, that makes sense. Sorry.

I don't like the Schar red because it's an example of the decision being dependent on an opponent's reaction. It's these decisions that promote cheating. 

That said, Schar is brainless and the ref has no choice under the referee guidelines. 

1 minute ago, Boey_Jarton said:

I don't like the Schar red because it's an example of the decision being dependent on an opponent's reaction. It's these decisions that promote cheating. 

That said, Schar is brainless and the ref has no choice under the referee guidelines. 

Exactly this. And nothing will be done in the aftermath either, so Brereton free to try again next week. 

Simulation killing the game.

Each of them decision above and including our one today, is the fault of VAR, nothing else, it creates this grey bubble, that causes issues.

If the Ref just made a decision on the field and there was no VAR you accept it, as refs can't see everything, and they're human, and can make mistakes, you might not agree with it, but you get over it, but when VAR was brought in to deal with issues, and you still get the same old faults week in week out, it becomes a joke, and a lot harder to sit with.

Its why I want it scrapped, yes they'll still be controversy, but the game will run so much smoother, and the levels of injustice people feel will be less.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Think there are maybe 5 I say this about, but surely Pawson's the most consistently terrible ref out there?

It's every single match. Absolutely honking. 

He's really arrogant too which makes it even worse