Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

I cannot believe my eyes that some folk I'm this thread are justifying an extra 3 minutes and 33 seconds added on from the previous 5, when they saw fit to add on 5 from the previous FORTY FUCKING FIVE.

It's an absolute disgrace and Andre Marriner is a bottling cunt. Dropped his arse the wanker.

8 hours ago, Pata said:

I'm just extra irritated by a Liverpool fan mate spouting shite in a Whatsapp group. :lol: We were extremely comfortable until Isak was subbed out and we had zero threat for the last 30 minutes.

Because you ran your arse off. It was a good performance. In a year or two your subs won't be Wood and Murphy. :lol:

Edited by Froggy

1 minute ago, Pata said:

I'm just extra irritated by a Liverpool fan mate spouting shite in a Whatsapp group. :lol: We were extremely comfortable until Isak was subbed out and we had zero threat for the last 30 minutes.

:lol: I get that. Had 20 minute long discussion with a Liverpool fan as well: Fuck them.

Squad is still thin. Need to get someone in by tomorrow. And send Murphy out to outer space where the air is thin. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Because your ran your arse off. It was a good performance. In a year or two your subs won't be Wood and Murphy. :lol:

:lol: Let's fucking hope they won't. Jeez. Murphy was beyond pathetic. 

2 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I cannot believe my eyes that some folk I'm this thread are justifying an extra 3 minutes and 33 seconds added on from the previous 5, when they saw fit to add on 5 from the previous FORTY FUCKING FIVE.

It's an absolute disgrace and Andre Marriner is a bottling cunt. Dropped his arse the wanker.

I mean goal was scored in the 97min 09s. So it's not 3min 33s added until the goal. Ref had 5 minutes minimum (unless it's changed to maximum now :lol:)extra, it took Pope 90 seconds to get up and play the ball. In other words 97min 9s isn't 3min 33s nor is it completely crazy either tbf. 

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

There was never over 7 minutes of added time in that game, man [emoji38]

I'm going to disagree. Last night a lot of us were complaining about Everton time wasting early on, tonight we were doing the same. More rightly than Everton given that we were at Anfield and had players like Murphy and Wood that needed to contribute 30 minutes. I'm going to leave it at that. This is going to be forgotten by 5PM on Saturday when we've obliterated a decent Crystal Palace side :) 

So because Liverpool are hyper-sensitive about the clock in stoppage time, every stoppage must be added to the time - in full, whereas all the time both sides took during 90% of the game counts for infinitely less if anything at all?

Poorly refereed by Liverpool. Marriner was a fine patsy though

Edited by Wolfcastle

How come Liverpool were allowed to just play on when Joelinton "needed" treatment in stoppage time? Is it the same rule that applied to Liverpool last season when a head injury in our box didn't matter? 

Do the same as in rugby and "stop the clock".  Everyone then knows how much time is left.  In football it is basically the referee adding the time on with a lot of the time no justification.  I mean, the whole world saw 90 + 5 on their  TV screens.  How can the opposition score a goal in 90 + 8?  I can't get my head around what happened tonight.  In shock.

2 minutes ago, Rod said:

Do the same as in rugby and "stop the clock".  Everyone then knows how much time is left.  In football it is basically the referee adding the time on with a lot of the time no justification.  I mean, the whole world saw 90 + 5 on their  TV screens.  How can the opposition score a goal in 90 + 8?  I can't get my head around what happened tonight.  In shock.

Pope was down in the 5 minutes getting treatment, which meant more time had to be added on. The fact Pope was down for 90 seconds and the ref added on 180 will just be overlooked.

6 minutes ago, Rod said:

I dont think its far away tbh

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

Pope was down in the 5 minutes getting treatment, which meant more time had to be added on. The fact Pope was down for 90 seconds and the ref added on 180 will just be overlooked.

Yes I know Pope was getting treatment but 3 minutes added on to the added on.  I'm still in shock.

7 minutes ago, Nobody said:

How come Liverpool were allowed to just play on when Joelinton "needed" treatment in stoppage time? Is it the same rule that applied to Liverpool last season when a head injury in our box didn't matter? 

He went down with cramp, you don't have to stop the game for that. 

Just now, Rod said:

Yes I know Pope was getting treatment but 3 minutes added on to the added on.  I'm still in shock.

That's the bullshit part, Pope wasn't down for 3 minutes, and there was no other time wasting or interruption's. 3 minutes extra was just bollocks.

Forget about the clock. Liverpool fans would prefer to talk about the clock because it deflects attention from VAR and the disallowed goal.

VAR chose to rule it out in spite of the evidence. Manually drawing the lines wherever you feel like on a blurry image isn't a scientific method and everyone knows this is a flaw with it. When you're left guessing and it's clearly impossible to call, the benefit of the doubt rightly goes to the attacker now (in other words you play on). It's a very dodgy decision.

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

That's the bullshit part, Pope wasn't down for 3 minutes, and there was no other time wasting or interruption's. 3 minutes extra was just bollocks.

Why didn't Shay Given even mention it?  He's supposed to be our representative.  Just mention the fact that you thought 98 minutes was strange.  Just put the thought out there.  The referee should be made to explain.  I hate BT coverage.  Can you tell that I'm still in shock?