Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

On 14/03/2022 at 19:51, NUFC said:

NUFC fan and referee. 

Foul on burn not a red card for me as eyes always on ball and no on man, Shearer, Ameobi and Carroll used to do the same thibg every week to win headers.

100% penalty on murphy, can see how coote didnt give pen due to his view being obstructed by 3 players but John Brooks on VAR has massively cocked up by not sending him to monitor

Peter Walton in the Times on Monday, who has never knowingly disagreed with an onfield refereeing decision, even stated that this was a clear red card and Havertz shouldn't have been on the pitch.

For context as to how out of character this is, he rather more typically also stated that he could understand why the penalty wasn't given, even though he wouldn't have overruled it if it had been given.

Edited by Abacus

Guest neesy111
Just now, gbandit said:

Name one person in football that’s robbed a living more than Peter Walton 

Mike Riley.

On 15/03/2022 at 13:53, Tsunami said:

Havertz knew actually where Burn was. In his post match interview he said his elbow was that high as Burn is 7 or 8 feet tall. So not only did he know where Burn was (and from the moment the ball was in the air), he also knew where they’d meet for aerial challenge. He was looking at the ball but he full well knew where Burn was and jumped with this in mind.

IMO he was knowingly endangering another player and should have walked. 

I agree, offcourse he knew where Burn was. He wouldnt have had his arms that high if he thought he was jumping alone..

The elbow was deliberate, and I think everyone who has played u15 or older knows this. I remember in amateur football the more you watched the ball the more likely you would get away with a cheeky elbow.

I cant believe that the VAR referee is that incompetent and that they dont see this as a red or give the penalty decision. Imo the VAR Ref should be suspended and investigated, the only thing I can think he is hiding behind is the "Clear and Obvious error" rule. I agree with Klopp that this rule should be removed.

15 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I still don't think it's a red but I can sort of see why it was given. Allan came in very high and if he gets that at all wrong then it's a potential leg breaker. 

Isn't every tackle a potential leg breaker if you get it wrong ?

Allan being off the ground isn't an issue either, he's about 5ft 0, going in on ASM Joelinton who's over 6ft He goes in with one foot, at about ankle/shin height, doesn't sweep with his trailing leg, he's not massively out of control.

It was a disgraceful decision tbh.

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Allan being off the ground isn't an issue either, he's about 5ft 0, going in on Joelinton who's over 6ft. He goes in with one foot, at about ankle/shin height, doesn't sweep with his trailing leg, he's not massively out of control.

It was a disgraceful decision tbh.

He went in on ASM ???