Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

13 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

There’s more than a few Chelsea fans who are complaining that we kicked them all over the pitch and that they were playing against 14……doesn’t help when Havertz nearly breaks Burns’ cheek/ eye socket and says his elbow was that high as Burns is 7 or 8 feet tall (so you’re saying you deliberately went in that high?) and we were just trying to foul them all game.

:lol: The fucking gall. Imagine watching that match and thinking you were hard done by. The idea that they felt Burn or Bruno were worth being booed following the respective 'challenges' on each of them is hilarious. Looks like the fans are unsurprisingly just as big crybaby bitches. Conveniently only remembered that they were champions of europe until the last 4 minutes, too.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

A good system would be:

1) Ref makes wrong call

2) VAR Ref looks at video “Hello David, I’ve looked at this and there’s a clear shirt pull here with two attempts to pull him back and then he takes the man down, can you come look at the monitor, I’d call this a penalty

3) Ref says “ah ok, my view wasn’t great”

4) Ref looks at video in discussion with VAR ref, “what do you think?” Says VAR ref? “See what you mean, that’s a clear pen”

5)Ref gives pen

If that’s mic’ed up then there’s transparency. If they did all this and made the wrong decision at least you know where they’re coming from 

bang on, the solution to the var is that simple. 

The sending the ref over to the screen is nonsense. For penalty and red card decisions I think it should be a matter of course that the ref goes to the monitor and plays a part in the discussion, there are downsides of this of course, one being that more time is used and there are more stoppages, works with rugby but naturally there are more stoppages in the game. The clear and obvious thing is nonsense though!

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

A good system would be:

1) Ref makes wrong call

2) VAR Ref looks at video “Hello David, I’ve looked at this and there’s a clear shirt pull here with two attempts to pull him back and then he takes the man down, can you come look at the monitor, I’d call this a penalty

4) Ref looks at video in discussion with VAR ref, “what do you think?” Says VAR ref? “See what you mean, that’s a clear pen”

5)Ref gives pen

If that’s mic’ed up then there’s transparency. If they did all this and made the wrong decision at least you know where they’re coming from 

4.5) "But it's against the big 6."

Edit 5) Ref gives corner.

It does irk me that the VAR panders to the referee on the pitch so as not to be seen as overuling him but if that's the case you'd think the ref on the pitch would relish the opportunity to go to the monitor and ensure he's made the right decision. 

Just now, madras said:

4.5) "But it's against the big 6."

Edit 5) Ref gives corner.

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

A good system would be:

1) Ref makes wrong call

5)Ref gives pen

Being micced up is the one way to stop people from assuming corruption/bias. The mic doesn't need to be on a live feed to TV or radio but just at certain points where its interesting/necessary to hear. 

If referees/linesman and all match officials want to remain in a job n the next 10 years with all these introductions of automated officials then they need to get a grip and change how they do things.

5 hours ago, OCK said:

Coote same official that was on VAR when VVD was injured against Everton... didn't officiate a Liverpool game for a season after that. [emoji38] He's not very good. 

Coote was also officiating our game against Villa when the GK took out Wilson and nothing was given, and Villa were given a penalty. [emoji38]

Wilson was offside against Villa, wasn't he? 

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I don't think there's any kind of corruption, it's just incompetence across the board, look at Sanchez's flying knee v Liverpool.

I don't think there's corruption. Very definite bias though.

If we don't get an apology the same way Lampard did, I would suggest there is some kind of corruption involved. Nobody could argue with a straight face, that it wasn't a pen at this stage.

32 minutes ago, Ste said:

Wilson was offside against Villa, wasn't he? 

By the finest of margins, after we were told all summer that 'level' was coming back. But that's evened out for me given Watkins' offside against us at SJP.

The penalties though, haven't. They just aren't being checked. West Ham's pen v us at SJP, Schar getting nothing at Arsenal, Leicester's pen against us, Fraser getting nothing against Man City, ASM getting nothing at Leeds and now that bollocks yesterday. We've had 1 penalty all season for the most blatant handball that was checked for over 2 minutes.

Said it before and I'll say it again. Head of the refs and VAR is one Mike Riley.

The worst ref I've ever seen, is it any wonder our refs and VAR are such a mess with that useless prat in charge of it all.

Edited by Bimpy474

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Said it before and I'll say it again. Head of the refs and VAR is one Mike Riley.

The worst ref I've ever seen, is it any wonder our refs and VAR are such a mess with that useless prat in charge of it all.

Jobs for the boys.

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

By the finest of margins, after we were told all summer that 'level' was coming back. But that's evened out for me given Watkins' offside against us at SJP.

The penalties though, haven't. They just aren't being checked. West Ham's pen v us at SJP, Schar getting nothing at Arsenal, Leicester's pen against us, Fraser getting nothing against Man City, ASM getting nothing at Leeds and now that bollocks yesterday. We've had 1 penalty all season for the most blatant handball that was checked for over 2 minutes.

That was also the week after Bruno Fernandes scored the most blatant offside goal versus Leeds you will ever see. Thought the bullshit decisions would stop going against us with VAR but obviously not.

NUFC fan and referee. 

Foul on burn not a red card for me as eyes always on ball and no on man, Shearer, Ameobi and Carroll used to do the same thibg every week to win headers.

100% penalty on murphy, can see how coote didnt give pen due to his view being obstructed by 3 players but John Brooks on VAR has massively cocked up by not sending him to monitor

Edited by NUFC

1 hour ago, Bimpy474 said:

Haven’t seen Riley for ages.  I wonder if he looks even more like Yellow Bastard from Sin City these days?

16 hours ago, NUFC said:

NUFC fan and referee. 

Foul on burn not a red card for me as eyes always on ball and no on man, Shearer, Ameobi and Carroll used to do the same thibg every week to win headers.

100% penalty on murphy, can see how coote didnt give pen due to his view being obstructed by 3 players but John Brooks on VAR has massively cocked up by not sending him to monitor

Loads of people say this, but I just can't have it. There is such a thing as peripheral vision. While looking at the ball you can still see an opponent coming from the side perfectly well. If this were not the case nobody would be allowed to drive.

Not arguing for a definite red in this case, but keeping your eyes on the ball is irrelevant.

16 hours ago, NUFC said:

NUFC fan and referee. 

Genuinely interested now in whether or not ‘eyes on the ball’ come into it for serious foul play? Is there anywhere in the law that states that? Always hear about reckless, out of control and endangering an opponent. This is all three of those, isn’t it?

Leading with his arm above his head and launching into a challenge he has little to no chance of winning. Seems like a red, to me. 

34 minutes ago, DahnSahf said:

Loads of people say this, but I just can't have it. There is such a thing as peripheral vision. While looking at the ball you can still see an opponent coming from the side perfectly well. If this were not the case nobody would be allowed to drive.

Not arguing for a definite red in this case, but keeping your eyes on the ball is irrelevant.

Havertz knew actually where Burn was. In his post match interview he said his elbow was that high as Burn is 7 or 8 feet tall. So not only did he know where Burn was (and from the moment the ball was in the air), he also knew where they’d meet for aerial challenge. He was looking at the ball but he full well knew where Burn was and jumped with this in mind.

IMO he was knowingly endangering another player and should have walked. 

5 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Havertz knew actually where Burn was. In his post match interview he said his elbow was that high as Burn is 7 or 8 feet tall. So not only did he know where Burn was (and from the moment the ball was in the air), he also knew where they’d meet for aerial challenge. He was looking at the ball but he full well knew where Burn was and jumped with this in mind.

IMO he was knowingly endangering another player and should have walked. 

At least retrospective red.

46 minutes ago, DahnSahf said:

Totally, if the excuse is eyes on the ball and doesn't know Burn is there, he doesn't jump like that.