Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

That Robinson was shocking in the playoff final for Barnsley the other week. 

Thought I recognised him but couldn't remember from where. That non penalty for Barnsley was disgraceful (dunno if VAR was used). Other one looks a bit like another former crap ref in Martin Atkinson :undecided:

Edited by Pokerprince2004

54 minutes ago, Magpie said:

He was absolutely diabolical! And to think he's been promoted to the Premier League 🙈

By all accounts Bond is meant to be quite decent

Bond looks like Mr Bean with grey hair

44 minutes ago, gbandit said:

We had the reasoning through for why they’re not adopting the infinitely better system for offsides that’s used elsewhere now?

Have we…….must have missed it, isn’t it used in the UCL?

No, I’m saying. Have they given any reasons why they’re not using the system that is in use in the CL? As that system is quicker and although I don’t have faith that any system is perfect, at least it’s not a line across a screen that just fuels more and more debate 

25 minutes ago, gbandit said:

No, I’m saying. Have they given any reasons why they’re not using the system that is in use in the CL? As that system is quicker and although I don’t have faith that any system is perfect, at least it’s not a line across a screen that just fuels more and more debate 

None other than PL Clubs voted against it.

• 4 weeks later...

That doesn't in anyway solve the issue like [emoji38] It will just make playing a high line impossible.

Keep it the same but use the frame before the ball is kicked as it will inherently give an advantage to the attacker. If it's still not clear then give it offside, it's makes it far harder to moan about the decision.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

7 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

That's a positive change for the game.

Really? It gives the attacker a 3-4ft headstart. It will just lead to more teams sticking men behind the ball and not engaging up the pitch.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

It's really daft like. Moving where the line is doesn't change anything, you've just moved the problem. We need that hawkeye system, but for some reason it's not allowed to be that simple.

Edited by Kid Icarus

It was pretty much how it used to be interpreted? Plenty of times on Sky for instance you'd hear Andy Gray say, "there was no daylight between the defender and striker" and it was what was widely accepted. This bollocks where they're putting lines up to armpits was stupid but the offside law.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It was pretty much how it used to be interpreted? Plenty of times on Sky for instance you'd hear Andy Gray say, "there was no daylight between the defender and striker" and it was what was widely accepted. This bollocks where they're putting lines up to armpits was stupid but the offside law.

As far back as I can remember shoulders have always been offside? I could understand the rule being changed to just feet though, but the suggestion in that tweet is insane imo.

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Now they're just going to put lines up to somewhere else on their bodies and to the same microscopic level. 

The rule should be changed to make it easier for linesman without VAR, remember the vast majority of football is played without VAR.  Hate how many football fans from PL etc just now accept everything with offside is now VAR.

Edited by El Prontonise

You either don’t have VAR and give the attacker a slight benefit of doubt or, you use VAR and if any part of your body you can score with is ahead of the defender, you’re offside.

I’m accepting here that VAR lines etc will be correctly applied.

That suggestion is effectively abolishing offside. There’s almost never a case where the whole body is off. 

Obviously there would be if that rule came in, since attackers would start running mega early. 

Happy it’s just a test. 

Aye, it’s a monumental shift in the interpretation of the offside rule. Would be a nightmare for defenders to set up against sides that way. I think the offside rule needs looking at but I didn’t have any issue with the version that was used in the CL

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

That’s offside ffs. How is a defence supposed to hold a line with that rule change? 

All that will happen is forwards will edge a bit further forward to make the most of the rule change, defenders will still be able to step out and play them off. Will just make it a lot more black and white and easier to see.