Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

15 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Fuck that. He has incited those scenes and deserves lengthy punishment. 

Creepy old dinosaur needs to get ahold of himself. 

Mourinho is responsible for his behaviour last night which was disgusting and he needs to be made an example of.

But he isn't responsible for the dickheads at the airport. They're fully grown adults who can make their own decisions about their behaviour and need to (or should anyway) suffer the consequences themselves.

3 hours ago, geordiesteve710 said:

Mourinho is responsible for his behaviour last night which was disgusting and he needs to be made an example of.

But he isn't responsible for the dickheads at the airport. They're fully grown adults who can make their own decisions about their behaviour and need to (or should anyway) suffer the consequences themselves.

Monkey see. Monkey do. 

I honestly have no time for managers like Klopp and Mourinho who give abuse to referees like that. Mourinho always talks about 'Respect me' and then goes overboard like that. Makes me even prouder to have our manager.

I once officiated a game of year 8 children at high school after agreeing to help out. The abuse I got, which I won't go into detail but was to do with race, was disgusting. I vowed never to ref a match again.

I agree with ON with the way it's going, we will have less officials and have almost like a tannoy giving out the decisions through VAR. The video at the airport is horrible to watch and I feel for him and his family there.

If it’s us in the final that received such treatments from Anthony Taylor, I am 100% sure we will not speak like this 

did you guys really watch the game?   Even the dogshit pundits agree that Anthony Taylor got those decisions very wrong 

Edited by Zero

1 hour ago, CPL said:

Monkey see. Monkey do. 

I honestly have no time for managers like Klopp and Mourinho who give abuse to referees like that. Mourinho always talks about 'Respect me' and then goes overboard like that. Makes me even prouder to have our manager.

I once officiated a game of year 8 children at high school after agreeing to help out. The abuse I got, which I won't go into detail but was to do with race, was disgusting. I vowed never to ref a match again.

I agree with ON with the way it's going, we will have less officials and have almost like a tannoy giving out the decisions through VAR. The video at the airport is horrible to watch and I feel for him and his family there.

less officials is not a problem if it means less wrong decisions being made. It sounds good for all parties to be honest 

35 minutes ago, Zero said:

If it’s us in the final that received such treatments from Anthony Taylor, I am 100% sure we will not speak like this 

did you guys really watch the game?   Even the dogshit pundits agree that Anthony Taylor got those decisions very wrong 

Like what ? 

Mourinho needs charged, he incited this and Taylor’s family were put a risk.

I thought Taylor did well in a toxic game, neither team covered themselves in glory. Taylor made a decision on what he was for the penalty (and from his position, easy to see why) and it was a very faint touch that he wouldn’t have seen.

If Roma had won, Mourinho will have felt (privately)that his antics were the deciding factor. I’d ban the twat for at least 3 games and that’s generous.

He’s been doing this for far too long now.

3 hours ago, Zero said:

This is not remotely true

Mourinho has created this narrative that they were hard done by but it's bollocks

Below is the major incidents, unless I'm missing something

- The clearance from Gudelj was fine, it was Abraham that caught the defender, never a penalty in a million years

- Gives Sevilla a penalty, live it did look it but he overturns his decision. Worked out for Roma because another ref could easily have stuck to his decision as there was slight contact 

- Handball incident, not a penalty for me, hands down by his side but seen them given. Not a horrible decision by any stretch

- Montiel penalty to be retaken. It was VAR that intervened and rightly so, keeper was off his line. Good decision.

Then the game itself, it was very stop/start, lots of cards but that's cos the players/staff were behaving like scumbags, particularly Roma side. Mourinho and his staff were harassing Oliver all game

At one stage Roma got a free kick but 5 of their players surrounded Taylor screaming for a yellow card, this went on all night

I don't think Taylor is a good ref but I thought he had a good game, especially under the circumstances

There is lots of video in YouTube showing those incidents. Agree or disagree, imo, the Abraham one and the handball incidents are both penalties, especially the latter one which the VAR shows the defender did try to stuck out his arm after hiding from the back. You also missed out the one during extra time which Ibanez was brought down inside the penalty area for try to receive the cross

not saying we should support Mourinho for harassing but if it’s Newcastle that being hard done by Anthony Taylor in a Euro Final like this, I guarantee this thread will have 100 new pages within 24 hours.

I don’t feel sorry for Anthony Taylor tbh.

As Ahmed has said, I don't think there were any incidents that warrant this level of petulance. 

Seems more likely that he had decided to behave like a prick already, to put maximum pressure on the officials and maybe unsettle Sevilla. Create a siege mentality etc. But then he lost the game and felt like the best course of action was to continue to blame the officials. 

Like I said before, he was very lucky not to get sent off and should definitely be punished now. 

I really hope we wouldn't behave like this or endorse such behaviour. I know Howe wouldn't even do anything like this. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

I thought he lost control of the game but that was largely due to the players and officials being determined to be pricks.

It was by no means a "screwjob" with decisions only going one-way. 

I think referees should take a harder line on abuse in-game. If anyone but the player involved in the dispute or the captain comes up and protests they get a yellow card.

There was no way to maintain 'control' of that game though, if control means players behaving better. Maybe I'm being too kind, I dunno.

He kept his head and judged each incident on its merits from what I saw, which is pretty much all anyone could do. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

There was no way to maintain 'control' of that game though, if control means players behaving better. Maybe I'm being too kind, I dunno.

He kept his head and judged each incident on its merits from what I saw, which is pretty much all anyone could do. 

Thats my take on it and I only watched for about 25mins as it was a shit watch with both teams pulling every trick which will always put extra doubt in a referees mind.

I hate Mourinhos football, just about the only thing likeable about the bloke is that he's always been complimentary about NUFC. Maybe he wouldn't have been if we'd have been a threat ?

1 hour ago, Zero said:

There is lots of video in YouTube showing those incidents. Agree or disagree, imo, the Abraham one and the handball incidents are both penalties, especially the latter one which the VAR shows the defender did try to stuck out his arm after hiding from the back. You also missed out the one during extra time which Ibanez was brought down inside the penalty area for try to receive the cross

not saying we should support Mourinho for harassing but if it’s Newcastle that being hard done by Anthony Taylor in a Euro Final like this, I guarantee this thread will have 100 new pages within 24 hours.

I don’t feel sorry for Anthony Taylor tbh.

even if he did do a shit job (thought he did well on the night) no ref or their family should put up with what they had to at the airport. That’s disgusting behaviour good performance or not.

edit - in reference to the bit about not feeling sorry for him..

Edited by Tisd09

I think Anthony Taylor is a fucking shit ref, but terrorising his family to tears is fucking disgusting. Didn't watch the game, no idea if he was bad or not that game but that doesn't matter. This is 1000 steps too far.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I agree, I think it was a difficult one to manage

If he dished out more yellow cards, for example that incident when 5 Roma players surrounded him he gave one to the main culprit but he could have given one to all 5, it probably would have exacerbated the situation even further 

It was not an easy game to referee because of how both sides behaved but in particular Mourinho and his staff/players

12 minutes ago, Tisd09 said:

even if he did do a shit job (thought he did well on the night) no ref or their family should put up with what they had to at the airport. That’s disgusting behaviour good performance or not.

edit - in reference to the bit about not feeling sorry for him..

he is not the first time doing a fucking shite job. I feel sorry for his family. They are innocent, but not for him.

just think how much hard work every team has done to reach a final and got ruined by some brain fart individual. If it’s a regular league game then fine. It’s a euro cup final FFS. 

if he is not up for the job, just quit. I have very low tolerance level re these fucking shite refs. Just look back the posts in this thread. I don’t understand why some referees, Anthony Taylor being one of them, regularly got wrong decisions and ruined the game, and in the end got no punishment from any body, and then continue to ruin other games. They are not up to the job, just not good enough, but they are still here and? Next time it could be our turn to suffer then?

These fucking shite referees should just fuck off from the game. I would be genuinely fucking worried if next season we got into any cup final and got Anthony Taylor as the ref, and I don’t think you can genuinely say “I have full confident on Taylor for making correct decisions” at that time.

1 minute ago, Zero said:

he is not the first time doing a fucking shite job. I feel sorry for his family. They are innocent, but not for him.

just think how much hard work every team has done to reach a final and got ruined by some brain fart individual. If it’s a regular league game then fine. It’s a euro cup final FFS. 

if he is not up for the job, just quit. I have very low tolerance level re these fucking shite refs. Just look back the posts in this thread. I don’t understand why some referees, Anthony Taylor being one of them, regularly got wrong decisions and ruined the game, and in the end got no punishment from any body, and then continue to ruin other games. They are not up to the job, just not good enough, but they are still here and? Next time it could be our turn to suffer then?

These fucking shite referees should just fuck off from the game. I would be genuinely fucking worried if next season we got into any cup final and got Anthony Taylor as the ref, and I don’t think you can genuinely say “I have full confident on Taylor for making correct decisions” at that time.

Hard work done by them in prep for the final, cheat as much as possible and intimidate the officials. I hope Mourinho gets a library of books thrown at him.

6 minutes ago, Zero said:

This is utterly absurd

How you can watch that clip and not have any sympathy towards Anthony Taylor is beyond me

I don't care if he's a shit ref or did a shit job (Which he didn't actually) that's just scumbag behaviour 

4 minutes ago, madras said:

Hard work done by them in prep for the final, cheat as much as possible and intimidate the officials. I hope Mourinho gets a library of books thrown at him.

It doesn’t matter what Mourinho or any manager or team have done. It’s the referees job to got those decisions right. If he is affected by those acts he already failed as a referee - and it kinda encourages other managers to do the same thing.

If I am being honest, both Jose and Anthony Taylor should be expelled from the game, one for fucking shite and ruined uncountable matches and one for harassment

4 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

This is utterly absurd

How you can watch that clip and not have any sympathy towards Anthony Taylor is beyond me

I don't care if he's a shit ref or did a shit job (Which he didn't actually) that's just scumbag behaviour 

he is not the first time. Simply as that. If it’s another ref that got a clean record then fine I agree.

Anthony Taylor? no fucking way.

If you are not good enough, but you insisted to stay there, then you commit errors and you aren’t punished by any body, some one would do it by their own means.

I genuinely won’t feel sorry for Anthony fucking Taylor

Edited by Zero