Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Jones is by far the worst, he seems to make huge mistakes every time I see him ref a game. Dowd is the most annoying one though, loves a controversial decision to get his ugly face on the tele as much as possible.

I'll see your Phil Dowd and raise you a Mike Dean. Refs and makes decisions like a fussy old woman. Just fucking no.

Guest firetotheworks

Jones is by far the worst, he seems to make huge mistakes every time I see him ref a game. Dowd is the most annoying one though, loves a controversial decision to get his ugly face on the tele as much as possible.

I'll see your Phil Dowd and raise you a Mike Dean. Refs and makes decisions like a fussy old woman. Just fucking no.

Mike Dean's by far and away the best imo.

I agree that Jones is the worst. Like I said in another thread the other week, it's not just that he's wrong it's that when he's questioned he has this shit eating, arrogant, maverick look on his face as if the person questioning him is mentally ill for wondering why he's made yet another preposterous, retarded decision.

• 2 weeks later...

Southampton getting some ridiculous 'rub of the green' from refs lately with decisions. I can see why Mourinho was fuming now. I wonder if it isn't time we investigated some of the refs with dodgy imbalanced stats on their decision making. I'd like to believe they're just crap and nothing else, but the standard has taken such a sharp drop in recent years, I can't help being paranoid that we're being naive to think we don't suffer the same problems as they have in Italy.

Regardless if there are refs that really can't find a balance of good decision making then they shouldn't be in the job. The FA also needs to stop being quite so dishonestly protective of them. How can they quote stats like refs get 99% of decisions right with a straight face? What do they include in those decisions? I'd say it must be every throw in and corner for starters and even then I saw a few wrong ones today in that department.

There was a particular instance where they took Cabella out I think and nothing was given, then they got a nudge and the ref instantly gave them a free kick.

I was raging by the end but didn't we have a free kick in shooting range but the ref just decided to blow the final whistle instead? Probably within the rules but very convenient when we're trying to attack, they foul us and get the benefit of the full time whistle for it.

There was a particular instance where they took Cabella out I think and nothing was given, then they got a nudge and the ref instantly gave them a free kick.

I was raging by the end but didn't we have a free kick in shooting range but the ref just decided to blow the final whistle instead? Probably within the rules but very convenient when we're trying to attack, they foul us and get the benefit of the full time whistle for it.

True to form, he hadn't given the free kick.

True to form, he hadn't given the free kick.

lol that explains it then.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone saw yesterdays League cup game you saw how many decisions Michael Oliver got wrong in the first 40 fucking minutes. The same cunt who last week missed so much in our game against Southhampton. He's got to go.

On another note, I'd say this is the worst season I've ever seen as far as officiating goes and we're only half way through. I expect a lot more bad calls.

Hope Oliver never referees another game of ours again.

Edit it was Madley refereeing our game but he's shit too.

If anyone saw yesterdays League cup game you saw how many decisions Michael Oliver got wrong in the first 40 fucking minutes. The same cunt who last week missed so much in our game against Southhampton. He's got to go.

On another note, I'd say this is the worst season I've ever seen as far as officiating goes and we're only half way through. I expect a lot more bad calls.

Hope Oliver never referees another game of ours again.

Edit it was Madley refereeing our game but he's shit too.

Oliver was praised on the League Cup show tonight for not sending anyone off and not ruining the game :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I was livid about Rooney not being given offside. If Gouffran was interfering with play when Tiote's thunderbastard got disallowed then how the fuck was Rooney not last night?

Corrupt cunts. Hope Dowd chokes on his inevitably large dinner.

• 3 weeks later...