Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Depends what ref turns up. I fully expect a penalty not given either end usually. Us having a equaliser disallowed unfairly for offside. One of ours sent off for less than 15 of there fouls. I have no idea what the score will be though.

As I said last week.

These were the foul stats.

#SAFC - 11 fouls, 0 yellow, 0 red.

#NUFC - 5 fouls, 2 yellow, 1 red.

The fact that cattermole never got booked after a number of fouls was a disgrace.

#Cattermole 5 fouls, 0 yellows, 0 red.

#NUFC        5 fouls, 2 yellows, 1 red.

Guest firetotheworks

Not booking Cattermole should see him demoted. He's had five chances to make a simple decision and bottled every single one.

Worst one was when he literally pointed out to him how many fouls he'd let him off with.

Couldn't believe that.

It won't be long till it's been a whole season since we had a penalty. We got one consolation nothing penalty all of last season as well, despite many stonewall claims. It's also something like two years since we had a home penalty. Why is it so easy to give penalties against us and impossible to give them to us? Same shit today again. Have we not paid out dues to the FA or what?

It won't be long till it's been a whole season since we had a penalty. We got one consolation nothing penalty all of last season as well, despite many stonewall claims. It's also something like two years since we had a home penalty. Why is it so easy to give penalties against us and impossible to give them to us? Same s*** today again. Have we not paid out dues to the FA or what?

It's been more than a year since we've been given penalty ? The last one i can remember was stoke two seasons ago.

It won't be long till it's been a whole season since we had a penalty. We got one consolation nothing penalty all of last season as well, despite many stonewall claims. It's also something like two years since we had a home penalty. Why is it so easy to give penalties against us and impossible to give them to us? Same s*** today again. Have we not paid out dues to the FA or what?

It's been more than a year since we've been given penalty ? The last one i can remember was stoke two seasons ago.

December last year we got a penalty at Man Utd when we were 3-0 down. It was almost a token decision as well like we were getting our one for the season when it didn't mean anything.

Old Trafford on Boxing Day.

It doesnt get much worse than this prick today. We had no chance of winning when this bloke is out to make a name for himself.

Not booking ANY of their lot was bordering on criminal, especially Cattermole. Assault after assault he gives nothing but can't wait to send Colo off for a nudge.

Demotion isn't enough for this piece of shit.

Mourinho is getting some stick for attacking the referees, and fair play when he's using them as an excuse for his own teams problems and his teams are usually on the end of dodgy decisions. Fair play to him though, at least someone has the balls too. Your allowed to criticise a players performance, a managers, fans, and even owners, however your not allowed to criticise a referee or anyone running them game? In any other sport that's not allowed to happen, if it happens to government then it is pretty much a dictatorship. How are problems supposed to be raised if we can't talk about them? This just leaves them being in an untouchable position.

I said it in the McClaren thread, the only way things will change is if teams walk off during games with such poor refereeing decisions. Only that way will people actually start asking serious questions, as it stands we have an elite level of clubs who are handed a number of victories a season on a plate and a position where poor refereeing in other games goes unreported and unnoticed. How many times have 1 of you lot seen a dodgy decision at a match then it's not been on MOTD or in the newspapers? How many times does that happen in a Premier League match I wonder?

The Championship was a shit quality league, and I have no desire to go back down there, but I can't recall many if any problems with the refereeing down there. Even us as a big club in that league didn't get decisions our way because of it, the games were fair and properly ran.

It's like reality TV. It's a real game but the refs have a script to play to. Don't send off big names  because they're who the fans want to see, being one more recent revealing thing about their remit.

Mourinho is getting some stick for attacking the referees, and fair play when he's using them as an excuse for his own teams problems and his teams are usually on the end of dodgy decisions. Fair play to him though, at least someone has the balls too. Your allowed to criticise a players performance, a managers, fans, and even owners, however your not allowed to criticise a referee or anyone running them game? In any other sport that's not allowed to happen, if it happens to government then it is pretty much a dictatorship. How are problems supposed to be raised if we can't talk about them? This just leaves them being in an untouchable position.

I said it in the McClaren thread, the only way things will change is if teams walk off during games with such poor refereeing decisions. Only that way will people actually start asking serious questions, as it stands we have an elite level of clubs who are handed a number of victories a season on a plate and a position where poor refereeing in other games goes unreported and unnoticed. How many times have 1 of you lot seen a dodgy decision at a match then it's not been on MOTD or in the newspapers? How many times does that happen in a Premier League match I wonder?

The Championship was a s*** quality league, and I have no desire to go back down there, but I can't recall many if any problems with the refereeing down there. Even us as a big club in that league didn't get decisions our way because of it, the games were fair and properly ran.

Wrong, because then you'll have teams walking off when they are in the wrong. However after the match, after watching issues again, if the manager says "Stuff any fine, that was pathetic, beyond a mistake, so bad I'm thinking it's maybe corrupt"....that may make the authorities sit up if the manager has the evidence to go with it.

A competent ref would have stopped the game after the Fletcher barge on Ayoze about four minutes in. It was late and a borderline yellow but more importantly, already their third foul. It was clearly the way they were set up to play. In that situation, the referee has to stop it.

I don't particularly like rugby the sport, and effing hate rugger buggers and all their "drink a bucket of puke" public school type initiations, but that sport is so much more better run than football. Their review system for big incidents is brilliant.

If Colo appeals the red card, and it got rescinded, I hope we also lodge a complaint against the cunt or hope the FA themselves have a look at it.

It's the second time in a week a he fucked up about giving out cards. Remember the Stoke goalkeeper never got booked for a dangerous studs up challenge on Monday night against Swansea? Not booking Clattermole was easily as bad as that. So the Colo red was just mind boggling.

If Colo appeals the red card, and it got rescinded

No chance at all of that.

It's the laws that are at fault here, not the ref.  It's always surprised me that the goal-scoring opportunity rule has not had any serious review in the 30 years that it's been around. Allardyce himself has queried this today.

With fouls which deny a goal scoring opportunity, there should just be a penalty, regardless of where the incident took place. The ref can then decide on a yellow or a red, depending on the seriousness of the foul. The punishment would then fit the crime in a much fairer way.

They need to bring in the same system that they have in cricket, i.e. a TV review of a penalty decision, either for or against, or a sending off decision.  Said review to be requested by the captain after briefly consulting with the deemed offender/offendee.  Review requests limited to 2 i.e. one each half.

If Colo appeals the red card, and it got rescinded

No chance at all of that.

It's the laws that are at fault here, not the ref.  It's always surprised me that the goal-scoring opportunity rule has not had any serious review in the 30 years that it's been around. Allardyce himself has queried this today.

With fouls which deny a goal scoring opportunity, there should just be a penalty, regardless of where the incident took place. The ref can then decide on a yellow or a red, depending on the seriousness of the foul. The punishment would then fit the crime in a much fairer way.

It wasn't a goal scoring opportunity unless Fletcher morphs into Stretch Armstrong and expands his leg  10 yards to nick the ball over Fat Farm.