Newcastle United 0 - 0 Swansea City - 17/12/11 - post-match reaction from pg 26

Dave

Don't understand Obertan's constant need to stop the ball and do a few stepovers. Just run and stick it in the box, or run and take someone on. Don't f***ing stop play completely!

Exactly. What good is pace when you stop running, let the opposition player catch up and start doing step overs. Maybe he's trained with Cronaldo too long..?

It's frustrating, we get the ball out to him and the attack just fizzles out because he is standing in the corner making the grass dizzy with infinite stepovers.

How we are not at least two goals up is beyond me.

We're not carving them up at will, tbf. Mixed phases of quality and delivery. Hopefully it will come, but don't think Best-Ba are playing especially well together. They're both having good games, so it's a weird comment, but their partnership seems a little off to me. I liked the Blackburn game where Best was a bit deeper, and providing goals [not that he isn't capable of being the poacher too].

I meant the shots from Collocini and Ba that hit the woodwork.

Understand the frustration with Obertan, but if you're gonna notice the times he takes to long on the ball, you have to praise the times hes going past 2-3 on his own and creates chances.

:thup: He's having a good game.

Thirded, to be honest he does good stuff in every game, but has his poor moments, a bit like Shola really and I don't hate Shola. People just need to accept that he is very inconsistent.

people are ignoring Best's contribution,

He changes the complexion of our game, giving more option in attack, whenever we need to play the ball high or long, or just fire it into Best's body and he will make it stick or flick it on.

very useful player, and does things that shola can only dream of.

How we are not at least two goals up is beyond me.

We're not carving them up at will, tbf. Mixed phases of quality and delivery. Hopefully it will come, but don't think Best-Ba are playing especially well together. They're both having good games, so it's a weird comment, but their partnership seems a little off to me. I liked the Blackburn game where Best was a bit deeper, and providing goals [not that he isn't capable of being the poacher too].

I meant the shots from Collocini and Ba that hit the woodwork.

:thup:

Speaking of Colo, he'd be a class centre forward :lol:

Seriously, on a match like this, Ben Arfa should be perfect on the right wing. We are pushing this lot so far back.

Jonas are more a midfielder, so we should try 433 with Best and Ba in the middle, best a little to the left.

Let Ben Arfa use the space on the right.

Good idea mate, sound awesome, hope we try it.

:)

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Obertan's been hit and miss but I personally think Swansea would be delighted to see him go off, has caused them all sorts of problems.

:thup:

Understand the frustration with Obertan, but if you're gonna notice the times he takes to long on the ball, you have to praise the times hes going past 2-3 on his own and creates chances.

:thup: He's having a good game.

Agreed, kind of makes you not want to read the rest of an agenda ridden sentence when it starts like 'well he hasn't been as fucking abysmal as usual' when the player in question is having a good game.

Judge a players performance during that game by that game.