Newcastle United 0 - 0 Swansea City - 17/12/11 - post-match reaction from pg 26

Dave

:notbad:

Can't help but feel this is the type of game HBA would be perfect for. Definitely worth a cameo next half if it's still 0-0 after 60-65.

Pretty much. Bring him on for Jonas or Obertan.

Obertan seems more effective than Jonas at the moment but Santon gets forward so much I'd be a little worried if it was Ben Arfa in front of him.

Holy shit! If we don't win this.. :lol:

Ba. Just wow. The guy can attempt pretty much any fucking shot, unbelieveable. Best holding up well, also. Just generally playing really fucking well today. Getting right fucked off with my commentary though, tossing themselves silly over Obertan, who I can't honestly say has been any better than anyone else. Still getting on my tits how he has to take, as Memphis says, way too many touches to do the most basic of things. How the fuck does he mix it up, as the commentary said? He just dances around for a bit until they tackle him ffs.

Anyone else think Jonas is looking quite off the boil today? :undecided:

Fair play, Perch looking not too disastrous, not noticed him. And that's how I want it to stay. :lol:

played well, disappointing not to be ahead. most of our chances haven't been that clear cut mind, ba's chances were as much fashioned by his sheer ability rather than creativity or precise delivery on anyone else's part. As for Best, he's not looking too much of a goal threat, but he's worked hard and done extremely well physically and in the air.

jonas was poor for the most the half, but then woke up and looked a threat. obertan was the opposite, showed some encouraging, if raw, signs in the opening 20 odd mins, and then began to look hopeless. some of what he did out there was promising, some of it garbage.

Santon has been iffy - some good moments, but also a hint of sloppiness on the ball. can tell him and jonas don't quite have the partnership up and running just yet.

Tiote looks as he normally does when not match fit. has lost the ball too many times, and only shown his ability on occasion. however his positioning and one touch passing has mostly been great and it means our players always have an out-ball with him on the pitch. considering swansea play 3 midfielders and usually dominate possession, its testament to him and Cabaye that the opposite has happened.

Guest DarkSchneider

Santon is great going forward. Gives Jonas some space and I think they work very good together. Obertan looks lively and dangerous today.  Ba was very unlucky not to score... Looking forward to 2nd half.

Also, loving Tiote being back. Linking well with everyone. Some of the little short passing moves in particular between him, Cabaye, Jonas and Santon down the left, have been delightfully sumptuous. Santon looking good, too.

Seriously, on a match like this, Ben Arfa should be perfect on the right wing. We are pushing this lot so far back.

Jonas are more a midfielder, so we should try 433 with Best and Ba in the middle, best a little to the left.

Let Ben Arfa use the space on the right.

Guest Roger Kint

Since his super show v Stoke tbh. Completely anonymous last week at least he got on the ball the final 5 mins there and looked better.

Don't understand Obertan's constant need to stop the ball and do a few stepovers. Just run and stick it in the box, or run and take someone on. Don't f***ing stop play completely!

Exactly. What good is pace when you stop running, let the opposition player catch up and start doing step overs. Maybe he's trained with Cronaldo too long..?

Since his super show v Stoke tbh. Completely anonymous last week at least he got on the ball the final 5 mins there and looked better.

:thup: Some good moves towards the end. Was losing the ball a lot in that first half, though. Not lack of effort, as half the time he lost the ball he more than contributed in winning it back, like.

How we are not at least two goals up is beyond me.

We're not carving them up at will, tbf. Mixed phases of quality and delivery. Hopefully it will come, but don't think Best-Ba are playing especially well together. They're both having good games, so it's a weird comment, but their partnership seems a little off to me. I liked the Blackburn game where Best was a bit deeper, and providing goals [not that he isn't capable of being the poacher too].

Don't understand Obertan's constant need to stop the ball and do a few stepovers. Just run and stick it in the box, or run and take someone on. Don't f***ing stop play completely!

Exactly. What good is pace when you stop running, let the opposition player catch up and start doing step overs. Maybe he's trained with Cronaldo too long..?

Tbf, it seems that when he actually continues running and tries to ping a first time cross in, it goes out for a goal kick or throw in. :undecided: Better of two evils?

Understand the frustration with Obertan, but if you're gonna notice the times he takes to long on the ball, you have to praise the times hes going past 2-3 on his own and creates chances.

:thup: He's having a good game.

Agree, definitely not on the best run of form for the last month or so.

Ronaldo can do it with pace...

COME ON!!! one of the best half's of football from us this year and we have'nt even scored. Im worried about the sucker punch. It's got abit of the "blackpool at home from last season" about it. Early goal in the 2nd will calm the nerves but it's been a pleasure watching us pass it around and try and break them down.

Demba Ba  :snod: