Newcastle United vs West Brom - 21/12/11 @ 7.45pm - Pre Match Thread

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It's about time we put these guys to the sword. Well overdue a comfortable win over them, hell just a win would do.

Really really hope we do, but if they don't come out at us then we could see a repeat of Saturday.

I think tonight we will find out just how instrumental Cabaye is to our team. Good luck to Vukic if he steps up he is a very capable player but I hope there is some involvement for HBA to compensate for the quality we will lose by not having Cabaye.

Quick question - will my male friend get away with using my girlfriend's season ticket? Don't know if they actually check things like this on the turnstiles?

Honestly never given it a second thought, but I've always lent my ticket to blokes and they've never had bother getting in.

Edit - 2-0 win.

Guest neesy111

When Abeid/Vukcic plays well today and we win, both of which I'm confident of, Gosling won't start a match in the Premiership for us for a long time, which will be a very good thing.

Completely agree, Gosling is a shocking player.  No wonder why Pardew only picked him when everyone else in CM was injured.

When Abeid/Vukcic plays well today and we win, both of which I'm confident of, Gosling won't start a match in the Premiership for us for a long time, which will be a very good thing.

Completely agree, Gosling is a shocking player.  No wonder why Pardew only picked him when everyone else in CM was injured.

That tends to be how a pecking order works. :lol:

Guest neesy111

That tends to be how a pecking order works. :lol:

But there was a clamour by a few fans for him to be on the bench ahead of Guthrie etc in the earlier part of the season.

I think tonight we will find out just how instrumental Cabaye is to our team. Good luck to Vukic if he steps up he is a very capable player but I hope there is some involvement for HBA to compensate for the quality we will lose by not having Cabaye.

Yup.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/12/21/pardew-set-to-field-two-wingers-against-wba-72703-29987462/

Pardew is expected to go with Gabriel Obertan and Jonas Gutierrez out wide against West Brom.

Yet Pardew has pointed to his man in the middle Cheick Tiote as one of the key factors in his engine room.

Pardew told the Chronicle: “We’ve got two wingers, and you can only do that if you’re very strong in the middle, which we have been, even with Cheick’s injury.

“People forget how long he’s been out. Danny Guthrie was terrific.

“We still played with two wingers and got results.

“The two wingers still have to do a solid defensive job. Jonas and Gabby worked very hard for wingers.”

No Ben Arfa then. Not out wide anyway.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/12/21/pardew-set-to-field-two-wingers-against-wba-72703-29987462/

Pardew is expected to go with Gabriel Obertan and Jonas Gutierrez out wide against West Brom.

Yet Pardew has pointed to his man in the middle Cheick Tiote as one of the key factors in his engine room.

Pardew told the Chronicle: “We’ve got two wingers, and you can only do that if you’re very strong in the middle, which we have been, even with Cheick’s injury.

“The two wingers still have to do a solid defensive job. Jonas and Gabby worked very hard for wingers.”

Depends on the severity of Best's injury, he may play benny up front.

Depends on the severity of Best's injury, he may play benny up front.

:thup:

Forgot about that.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

:anguish:

If Best is out I think Pardew will feel the pressure to play Ben Arfa.

Why the sad face? I think Benny will tear them up.

No, I was talking about the possibility of Shola starting.